IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

3 hours ago, NOTBLUE said:

You couldn't make it up,glue sniffers coming unstuck.

Funnily enough, I was chatting to someone tonight that knows a few of the 40 in the White Hart on Sunday. Apparently, he saw them in the Spoons in Staple Hill before the match and was invited to go down town with them. He politely declined stayed drinking in Staple Hill.

He then was drinking in Bar 501 afterwards when they came limping into said bar nursing numerous wounds. He asked what happened and was told they got a hiding off some City fans in town.

The best part is there were some of the R*vers youth that were giving it large in town but got on their toes at the first sign of trouble (sound familiar?) who were also in Bar 501. The blokes who got a hiding then started on them for running and it descended into an all out brawl between the Fewers in Staple Hill high street. 

Not only did they get a hiding in town, the ones that ran then got one in Staple Hill. 

Utter morons to a man.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 14

25 minutes ago, RED4LIFE said:

Funnily enough, I was chatting to someone tonight that knows a few of the 40 in the White Hart on Sunday. Apparently, he saw them in the Spoons in Staple Hill before the match and was invited to go down town with them. He politely declined stayed drinking in Staple Hill.

He then was drinking in Bar 501 afterwards when they came limping into said bar nursing numerous wounds. He asked what happened and was told they got a hiding off some City fans in town.

The best part is there were some of the R*vers youth that were giving it large in town but got on their toes at the first sign of trouble (sound familiar?) who were also in Bar 501. The blokes who got a hiding then started on them for running and it descended into an all out brawl between the Fewers in Staple Hill high street. 

Not only did they get a hiding in town, the ones that ran then got one in Staple Hill. 

Utter morons to a man.

And not to be forgotten, Bar 501 is owned by City fans 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, RED4LIFE said:

Utter morons to a man.

A mate of mine was actually there (old enough and should know better) couldn’t believe how easy it was and how gutless they were despite their superior numbers, in his words “ they bit off more than they can chew”

....Over on Slagchat.

Desperately trying to convince themselves that we are as amateur as them.

They think selling your top scorer for £10M with 2 months of the transfer window left is the same as losing your top scorer for peanuts, mid season, to your bigger cross city rivals 1 day before the end of the transfer window.

We may have lost Bobby to Cardiff but we haven’t had our pants pulled down in public like they did with Taylor. 

They also seem to enjoy the fact that quite a few of our fans see Cardiff as bigger rivals than Rovers. They really are proud to be shit. :blink:

Backward, tinpot idiots.

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

....Over on Slagchat.

Desperately trying to convince themselves that we are as amateur as them.

They think selling your top scorer for £10M with 2 months of the transfer window left is the same as losing your top scorer for peanuts, mid season, to your bigger cross city rivals 1 day before the end of the transfer window.

We may have lost Bobby to Cardiff but we haven’t had our pants pulled down in public like they did with Taylor. 

They also seem to enjoy the fact that quite a few of our fans see Cardiff as bigger rivals than Rovers. They really are proud to be shit. :blink:

Backward, tinpot idiots.

Ye we sold 3 players for 20 million pound. They haven’t spent a penny on a transfer. They are deluded. All 10 of them on their shitty locked down forum 

Bristol Rovers

Club News

A massage from our new CEO

2 July 2018       591 views

As your incoming CEO it gives me enormous pleasure sitting here today on the cusp of a new earing at Bristol Rovers.

Moving to the Memorial Stadium marks the pinnacle of my football career and, as I previously told supporters of Swindon, Yeovil and Plymouth, I am here for the long haul. A five minute conference call with some people in Jordan convinced me that this club is going places and so is the finance director Steve Brookfield who is vacating his position so they can afford to pay me. Those people, whoever they are, have shown a serious level of commitment to Bristol Rovers and this commitment, whatever it is, means much more to me than figures on a balance sheet or profit and loss account. That is why, as a qualified accountant, I have spent my time in football actually doing things rather than practising.

Many Bristol fans have asked me what the job of CEO encompasses at a modern professional football club and of course I have to tell them this is Rovers we are talking about. But basically my job will be “hands on” as will that of my personal assistant Ms Chantelle Myhusband who is joining me in a supportight role. Together we aim to drag Rovers into the 21st century with a series of initiatives designed to distract fans attention away from unimportant issues such as stadiums or training grounds.

One of the first things we plan to do is to introduce multi-use containers to all the catering outlets at the Mem. Modern hype has convinced many people that various forms of disposable cups, burger trays, straws etc are good for the environment when in fact common sense tells us the energy used and pollution caused in manufacturing trillions of these items and eventually transporting them to landfill far outweighs any benefits. Much better to utilise sturdy and consumer friendly containers which can be washed and used again many times thus making more efficient use of raw materials, saving energy and helping conserve our planet’s scarce resources. At Bristol Rovers we aim to be at the forefront of the campaign to expose the myth of bio-plastics because experience shows that too many things associated with our club are already degrading. 

UGT

Martyn

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

7 minutes ago, bert tann said:

Bristol Rovers

Club News

A massage from our new CEO

2 July 2018       591 views

As your incoming CEO it gives me enormous pleasure sitting here today on the cusp of a new earing at Bristol Rovers.

Moving to the Memorial Stadium marks the pinnacle of my football career and, as I previously told supporters of Swindon, Yeovil and Plymouth, I am here for the long haul. A five minute conference call with some people in Jordan convinced me that this club is going places and so is the finance director Steve Brookfield who is vacating his position so they can afford to pay me. Those people, whoever they are, have shown a serious level of commitment to Bristol Rovers and this commitment, whatever it is, means much more to me than figures on a balance sheet or profit and loss account. That is why, as a qualified accountant, I have spent my time in football actually doing things rather than practising.

Many Bristol fans have asked me what the job of CEO encompasses at a modern professional football club and of course I have to tell them this is Rovers we are talking about. But basically my job will be “hands on” as will that of my personal assistant Ms Chantelle Myhusband who is joining me in a supportight role. Together we aim to drag Rovers into the 21st century with a series of initiatives designed to distract fans attention away from unimportant issues such as stadiums or training grounds.

One of the first things we plan to do is to introduce multi-use containers to all the catering outlets at the Mem. Modern hype has convinced many people that various forms of disposable cups, burger trays, straws etc are good for the environment when in fact common sense tells us the energy used and pollution caused in manufacturing trillions of these items and eventually transporting them to landfill far outweighs any benefits. Much better to utilise sturdy and consumer friendly containers which can be washed and used again many times thus making more efficient use of raw materials, saving energy and helping conserve our planet’s scarce resources. At Bristol Rovers we aim to be at the forefront of the campaign to expose the myth of bio-plastics because experience shows that too many things associated with our club are already degrading. 

UGT

Martyn

Same clown, different circus.

Apparently Ellis Harrison (the city fan...) is being sold... 

They're stating on Gaschat its for around 2 mill. Taking Taylor logic into account that's about £60000. 

Once he's gone I'll only know 3 of their players, the tramp, the one time Wales player (which resulted in mass celebration over there) and Nicholls... 

13 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Their last three ‘heroes’ have all been sold for peanuts, but they won’t admit it mind! Matty Taylor, Billy Bodin, Lee Brown....those six words will wind up a gashead, anywhere, anytime...they talk of the ‘mass exodus from Ashton Gate’ yet we have pocketed £20m for the last three departures, they got £300k for Taylor, £300k for Bodin and undisclosed naff all for Brown....tinpot club....yet they are still ‘coming for us’.....

EvoNothing.

Surely they must realise they are being run in to the ground.

3 minutes ago, zippycar said:

So back on theme and thank you as ever Bert

This is what this thread is all about.

So toys back in prams kids, us old boys will continue to be bigoted, racist and whatever you want to throw at us, just let us just get on with our sad old lives, as clearly we are nowhere near as knowledgeable, informed and enlighted or clever as you, as obviously experience counts for nothing.

And by the way, we are more than happy to fund your lives by paying the extortionate taxes we incur, as we are clearly not worth it and you deserve all the fruits of our hard labour and the sacrifices we have made over the years.

You clearly don't understand the problems of stress and trauma of going from nappies to big boy pants.

7 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Their last three ‘heroes’ have all been sold for peanuts, but they won’t admit it mind! Matty Taylor, Billy Bodin, Lee Brown....those six words will wind up a gashead, anywhere, anytime...they talk of the ‘mass exodus from Ashton Gate’ yet we have pocketed £20m for the last three departures, they got £300k for Taylor, £300k for Bodin and undisclosed naff all for Brown....tinpot club....yet they are still ‘coming for us’.....

Brown wasn't sold, so nothing to disclose. 

The other deals are what they are, that's the problem when you don't have the funds to take a chance on tying players down with lucrative, long-term contracts.  Such is life. 

The highlight from Gaschat in the last day or so:

'We have arguably the best supporters in the country

Meanwhile they lost out on signing Otis Kahn to League Two Mansfield.

Can any sane Gashead on here explain where the best supporters bullshit comes from? Is it your middling home attendances in the league? Is it your crap away followings? Or both of the above with due regard to the state of your stadium?

35 minutes ago, In the Net said:

The other deals are what they are, that's the problem when you don't have the funds to take a chance on tying players down with lucrative, long-term contracts.  Such is life. 

At what point is your support likely to galvanize and demand some investment in the team?

You have strong numbers through the turnstile but every year you get free signings and has-beens desperate for a game.

I am amazed your lot are happy to be treated like that.

56 minutes ago, In the Net said:

If the 6th richest club in the land can't afford to tie players down to long term contracts, then what hope for the rest of us?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, cidercity1987 said:

The highlight from Gaschat in the last day or so:

'We have arguably the best supporters in the country

Meanwhile they lost out on signing Otis Kahn to League Two Mansfield.

Can any sane Gashead on here explain where the best supporters bullshit comes from? Is it your middling home attendances in the league? Is it your crap away followings? Or both of the above with due regard to the state of your stadium?

Losing players to a league side below, signing complete nobodies on free transfers. But I'm sure the main topic of conversation on the empty, deserted Slagchat is us selling players worth more than their entire club alone.

The mem is worth 10m but is completely mortgaged and their team is worth peanuts. Meanwhile, Ashton Gate has had 40m spent on what was already a decent stadium and we have banked nearly 20m from rhe sale of 3 players.  We still have players left who are worth millions too. Whilst we are beating the mighty Man U, they are being knocked out of the cup by Notts County and we finished last season higher in the Championship than they did in Div 3.  Our average attendance is over 20k whilst theirs is under 10k.  It's like the difference between heaven and hell (except even hell is a better place than the mem at the moment).

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, wendyredredrobin said:

The mem is worth 10m but is completely mortgaged and their team is worth peanuts. Meanwhile, Ashton Gate has had 40m spent on what was already a decent stadium and we have banked nearly 20m from rhe sale of 3 players.  We still have players left who are worth millions too. Whilst we are beating the mighty Man U, they are being knocked out of the cup by Notts County and we finished last season higher in the Championship than they did in Div 3.  Our average attendance is over 20k whilst theirs is under 10k.  It's like the difference between heaven and hell (except even hell is a better place than the mem at the moment).

but da shiteds are falling apart init 

3 minutes ago, Sergio Georgini said:

Losing players to a league side below, signing complete nobodies on free transfers. But I'm sure the main topic of conversation on the empty, deserted Slagchat is us selling players worth more than their entire club alone.

6 pages in a couple of days devoted to the hilarity of us selling 3 players for around £20million....it’s as if no other club ever sells anyone?

Obviously what the dummies are ignoring  is that we have over a month to replace them before the season starts (signed Webster already for £5m) and an owner with a record of investing in the playing side as well as the stadium...unlike Wally, who seems to do neither.

5 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Whilst we are beating the mighty Man U....

....they were either sat in front of their tellys watching it with their Sag kids, stamping their feet in rage when Matty Taylor set up Korey for our winner, or...sat in their cars at the Mem watching ‘Home Alone’ on a makeshift cinema screen.

Mind the gap.

• Haha 1