IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

12 minutes ago, ollywhyte said:

Milan Djuric ?

I was confused about that bit at the end, I wondered if he was referring to Milan who’s still here and would normally play that ‘role’ but maybe he meant Flint? 

**** knows?

Either way, funny reaction to a mild bit of banter by LJ. I expect this particular specimen probably shat his pants in rage when Johnson made that quip after the Man Utd game suggesting that two thirds of Bristol support City. :laughcont:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

I was confused about that bit at the end, I wondered if he was referring to Milan who’s still here and would normally play that ‘role’ but maybe he meant Flint? 

**** knows?

Either way, funny reaction to a mild bit of banter by LJ. I expect this particular specimen probably shat his pants in rage when Johnson made that quip after the Man Utd game suggesting that two thirds of Bristol support City. :laughcont:

This assumes that an amoebic gas supporter is capable of shitting himself whilst in a rage.  Is that not too much to ask of ‘people’ who are unable to talk and walk at the same time? Suppose he could be in some brain cell sharing scheme with another fewer.

3 minutes ago, WessexPest said:

From tonight’s TV prog, GPs behind closed doors. Horfield surgery. Not sure a GP can do much for schizophrenia...

D0D511BD-9AA5-4E88-BB9A-692782B57A04.jpeg

That would be heinous for any club, let alone those chromosomally challenged bin dippers. (Primarily talking about the sag Clampetts)

Edited by Juan Kerr

9 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Need a history lesson, do you..? 

I’d say that in general, with some exceptions of course, “scum” sums up Bristol Rovers FC & their supporters very well. 

I think if people are throwing around words like 'scum' to describe football clubs and supporters then they need to get a sense of perspective.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Taz said:

Yup, scum. You heard. Not just a term used by us, as many other clubs supporters have come on here over the years, and said similar things about your lot. I doubt you get anything like that on your forum, as anyone that doesn't swear allegiance to the blue and white gets banned anyway.

Thinking you could get a decent ground for a pittance in 82, taking over the Mem, punching ?... 

That's not to say all City supporters are angels, and I know some decent Rovers supporters (grew up with a few).

You're a decent poster (for one of them), and actually quite like reading some of your posts. I still stand by my original comments though :boxing:

Your prerogative of course, I just think 'scum' is a strange term to use to describe football clubs and their fans. Someone would have to do something REALLY low for me to use that term about them.

3 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

I agree,  it's a crass nickname, although - and I don't know why- I think scum is a vile term of abuse.

So SHIT is a crass nickname but, "scum", is "a vile term of abuse". Personally, I think Shit is much worse than scum.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Your prerogative of course, I just think 'scum' is a strange term to use to describe football clubs and their fans. Someone would have to do something REALLY low for me to use that term about them.

What sort of thing, Miah? Something like, say a club trying to steal their rival's ground when their rival was in financial jeopardy?

• Like 11

1 minute ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

What sort of thing, Miah? Something like, say a club trying to steal their rival's ground when their rival was in financial jeopardy?

I think you can guess what sort of thing I mean, I mean serious stuff. Football isn't serious.

9 minutes ago, Rich said:

So SHIT is a crass nickname but, "scum", is "a vile term of abuse". Personally, I think Shit is much worse than scum.

We will have to agree to differ then.

9 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

We will have to agree to differ then.

Too right we will. You think scum is worse than SHIT.

I'd rather have a bath with scum in it, than I would with SHIT in it. You obviously prefer the second option.

On 31/07/2018 at 15:20, Taz said:

The only time that scum will ever be associated with Ashton Gate, is if SL took them over and closed them down....

I was once asked by a mate what I’d do if I won the lottery....I said I’d buy the roverzzz and turn them into a darts team....”Oh yeah?” he replied “and what would you do if you got 4 numbers?”

(Just like women, the old ones are the best!)

• Haha 7

14 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

I think you can guess what sort of thing I mean, I mean serious stuff. Football isn't serious.

So, trying to steal someone's ground isn't serious?

You normally have reasonable morals but, stealing grounds isn't serious and thinking SHIT isn't worse than scum, would seem to indicate your morals have slipped.

2 minutes ago, Rich said:

So, trying to steal someone's ground isn't serious?

You normally have reasonable morals but, stealing grounds isn't serious and thinking SHIT isn't worse than scum, would seem to indicate your morals have slipped.

What was that, 40 odd years ago? The people involved are probably dead now.

Take the piss out of them for being shit, but the current fan base or owners are hardly responsible.

In the same way that SL is responsible for 82, or Wally isn't responsible for their bent defender who threw matches.

They have given us more than enough comedy in the last decade!

3 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

What was that, 40 odd years ago? The people involved are probably dead now.

Take the piss out of them for being shit, but the current fan base or owners are hardly responsible.

In the same way that SL is responsible for 82, or Wally isn't responsible for their bent defender who threw matches.

They have given us more than enough comedy in the last decade!

I am only responding to his responses which are in the present. People are trying to give examples why they refer to Rovers as scum, he replies with what appear to be justifications.

Does a timescale matter? And, some of them might be dead but, there are plenty of people alive who remember the events of those times vividly, I'm one of them. To dismiss them as being "a long time ago" is like dismissing the history of the club. It happened but let's forgive eh, because it was a long time ago?   NO, never forget, the club appear no different than they've always been. Trying to get something for nothing and not caring who they trample over to get it.

• Like 11

54 minutes ago, WessexPest said:

From tonight’s TV prog, GPs behind closed doors. Horfield surgery. Not sure a GP can do much for schizophrenia...

D0D511BD-9AA5-4E88-BB9A-692782B57A04.jpeg

Looks like he or she is stretched out on a City home shirt...the white band gives it away.....or it looks like a bizarre Sky Sports graphic for a friendly between Liverpool and the gas - and good of them to show the likely score too....’11-0’...

3 minutes ago, Rich said:

I am only responding to his responses which are in the present. People are trying to give examples why they refer to Rovers as scum, he replies with what appear to be justifications.

Does a timescale matter? And, some of them might be dead but, there are plenty of people alive who remember the events of those times vividly, I'm one of them. To dismiss them as being "a long time ago" is like dismissing the history of the club. It happened but let's forgive eh, because it was a long time ago?   NO, never forget, the club appear no different than they've always been. Trying to get something for nothing and not caring who they trample over to get it.

Yep they are skum.

41 minutes ago, archie andrews said:

is this a wind up???

100% genuine. Went to his GP with a sore foot and doc advised him to shed some weight. He said he’d like to go to the gym but he’s afraid people would look at him - can’t think why...