IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

2 hours ago, daored said:

So it will be ‘Teds’’ fault they don’t sign this player, another game where city fans have caused problems.

Thought the Blue Few were admired throughout football ?!

They are,the far right love them.

11 hours ago, Red34 said:

Would be great if the host turned round and said "things take time but you're losing 2 million a year - surely you're nearing the point of no return?"

I think he'd fake a heart attack to avoid answering...

Wouldn't be a surprise he's faked everything else :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, daored said:

So it will be ‘Teds’’ fault they don’t sign this player, another game where city fans have caused problems.

Thought the Blue Few were admired throughout football ?!

Whenever a neutral is asked about which is their favourite team of two in a city they will usually pick the weakest one because they will have had no rivalry or incidents with them; they're not a competitor.

So Port Vale or Stoke: Port Vale

Notts County or Forest: County

Rovers is the small team so less competition hence neutrals selecting them.

The only exception I have is preferring Sheffield Wednesday to United as I associate United with a physical long ball game and Wednesday with a bit of passing and flair.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, BTRFTG said:

Yeah I was there and despite our woeful performances it was sad to see him go in the way he did and many of us had great sympathy for him. I think he may have hung around a bit for Smith to be ready to take over, clearly as demonstrated at Forest his heart hadn't been in it for some time.

I was there too. It was a shame because Jimmy was a cracking No 2 and had some good contacts in the game. Hence signing Jacki.

He was a genuinely nice guy too. I grew up in Ashton and often saw Jimmy in the CosyCafe/Al's Tikka Grill

Taken from AssChat;

"We want our money back"

"Me and my family have no stand to which we have purchased season tickets to watch the football from. If this issue is not sorted during the coming week we will be asking for a full season ticket refund and will go to games on a pay on the day"

:gasmask:

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, myol'man said:

Me and my family have no stand to which we have purchased season tickets to watch the football from.

A Gashead who writes like Eric Morecambe played the piano : the correct words but not necessarily in the right order.  I also love the flaw in his argument, what makes him think buying a ticket would enable him observe football being played? 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

A Gashead who writes like Eric Morecambe played the piano : the correct words but not necessarily in the right order.  I also love the flaw in his argument, what makes him think buying a ticket would enable him observe football being played? 

You are right BTR, Its worse every time i read it!  As for the sag... :rofl2br:

Still no sign of the new stand.....

So it looks like the new east stand hasn't arrived yet. I know they said it was quick to put up, but surely 4 days before the game is cutting it a bit fine.

We already know the SW stand is delayed, and people will be moved to the south stand instead. Will the people who have a ticket for the NE stand be directed back to the family terrace? Presumably some of them will need the seat they paid for and will therefore go to the South Stand. The away fans who bought seats will need their segregated area in the south stand. That's a lot of people being redirected to the south stand.

Combine that with a new automatic turnstile system that has never been match tested, it could be a fun Saturday.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

"Me and my family have no stand to which we have purchased season tickets to watch the football from".

10 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

5 minutes ago, SimonR said:

You are right BTR, Its worse every time i read it!  As for the sag... :rofl2br:

I agree football?, stand?

2 minutes ago, Super said:

Still no sign of the new stand.....

So it looks like the new east stand hasn't arrived yet. I know they said it was quick to put up, but surely 4 days before the game is cutting it a bit fine.

The good news is the official from the camping club is free to issue a safety licence once Rovers get an erection.

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, myol'man said:

Taken from AssChat;

"We want our money back"

"Me and my family have no stand to which we have purchased season tickets to watch the football from. If this issue is not sorted during the coming week we will be asking for a full season ticket refund and will go to games on a pay on the day"

:gasmask:

Well that's ok.............no stand and EVEN LESS football !

38 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Well that's ok.............no stand and EVEN LESS football !

Don't you just adore the logic in his argument? I'm going to cancel my season ticket and opt instead to pay a higher price for individual match tickets even though the stand in which I wish to sit won't be there and when it is there's a chance tickets will no longer be available given they were for season ticket holders.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

Don't you just adore the logic in his argument? I'm going to cancel my season ticket and opt instead to pay a higher price for individual match tickets even though the stand in which I wish to sit won't be there and when it is there's a chance tickets will no longer be available given they were for season ticket holders.

I can see their view point. 

“I’m not getting the opportunity to sit in the tent that I wanted. They are trying to put me in another tent. 

That tent isn’t as good as the tent that I chose..!” 

Given the strange way Safety Advisory Groups work and how important having the correct certification is, I wonder how you can just throw stands up in a few days and then get a safety certificate for them?

Wouldn't you have to have some sort of test event, evacuation test and get the things fully authorised before you can let the paying few sit in one for a league match?? 

What I'm saying is, even if DHL deliver their IKEA flat pack stands to the Mem tomorrow and they are thrown up in time for 3pm Saturday, surely they won't get a safety certificate in place in that time?? 

Edited by Midlands Robin
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Midlands Robin said:

Given strange way Safety Advisory Groups work and how important having the correct certification is, I wonder how you can just throw stands up in a few days and then get a safety certificate for them?

Wouldn't you have to have some sort of test event, evacuation test and get the things fully authorised before you can let the paying few sit in one for a league match?? 

What I'm saying is, even if DHL deliver their IKEA flat pack stands to the Mem tomorrow and they are thrown up in time for 3pm Saturday, surely they won't get a safety certificate in place in that time?? 

Come now.......how long can it take to evacuate 38 people ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 minute ago, Midlands Robin said:

Given strange way Safety Advisory Groups work and how important having the correct certification now is, I wonder how you can just throw stands up in a few days and then get a safety certificate for them?

Put the thing up, get 10 trainees stood next to it with hair dryers on full blast. If it stays up, it’s all good..!

Not for too long though, obviously. You don’t want to use up this months quota of electric that Wael has kindly put on the Electric meter key..! Such a top bloke..!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, slartibartfast said:

Come now.......how long can it take to evacuate 38 people ?

Hmmmm, a bit of complicated maths required here.

Take 38 Sags and then factor in the limited intelligence levels, questionable ability to read signage, friction created by knuckles being dragged across the ground, inevitable delays created by them stopping to shout racist abuse at players and the potential delays if the stand is in close vicinity to a police horse and we could be talking anywhere up to three to four days. 

Edited by Midlands Robin
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

They have very strict safety procedures that they have to follow...

The Stop and Think checklist

The following helpful tips will help keep you safe in the Memorial Stadium.

Always

• make sure handlers are competent and agile
  • work out an escape route or refuge before working with Bristol Rovers Supporters
  • remember that Bristol Rovers Supporters that are ‘on heat’ are unpredictable
  • try to keep Bristol Rovers Supporters calm when handling them
  • use a stick to assist in directing Bristol Rovers Supporters
  • watch for warning signs of Bristol Rovers Supporters aggression
  • cull aggressive and difficult Bristol Rovers Supporters as soon as possible
  • use well-designed facilities
  • regularly check and maintain facilities such as the crush, gates and fences
  • keep ground surfaces clean, as far as possible
  • protect yourself against disease with proper personal hygiene

Never

• put an inexperienced handler or a child at risk with Bristol Rovers Supporters
  • turn your back on a Bristol Rovers Supporter
  • stress or arouse Bristol Rovers Supporters unnecessarily
  • keep dangerous Bristol Rovers Supporters
  • beat or shout at Bristol Rovers Supporters unnecessarily – they remember bad experiences

Edited by SirColinOfMansfield
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Midlands Robin said:

Given the strange way Safety Advisory Groups work and how important having the correct certification is, I wonder how you can just throw stands up in a few days and then get a safety certificate for them?

SAG will certainly need to ensure that the guy ropes are manufactured from fire retardant material. I guess we could help them with that test? ;)