IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

20 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

The stark realisation of just how tinpot they are (if it was needed!)

”We should put a roof over the away end”

My god! Welcome to 1995..! Although, of course, it is merely a suggestion and not something that is likely to happen immediately, so they can remain safe in the knowledge that the 21st century is still some way away from catching up with them yet..! 

They would probably thatch it, the dumb arsed bog trotters.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Harry said:

Not sure if it’s been mentioned but I understand the Yanks have offered Wally £5m for da roverz. Wally is holding out and wants £10m. 

I can't see that being discussed on the gas boards but I know you have your sources Harry so I'm not doubting you.

Maybe you should pop over and break the news to them!

£5m sounds about the mark; another two years' of £2m a year losses and make that £1m and not £10m.

I'm up for a bit of social media shithousery from time to time, but the official City account has just tweeted JET's goal, tagged the Blue Few and gone with #mindthegap to 'celebrate' it being 5 years to the day we beat them in a no mark Cup competition

I find that a little embarrassing, anyone else? Having seen all the Bristol - Barf sparring in the build up to that game (congrats on beating them, btw!) I really don't want to see the football side of the business going down that route

Mark the 18 years since they were above us, but a 3rd rate Cup game? Not for me

It's like poking a two week old dog turd on the pavement, what comeback are we expecting? 

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

I'm up for a bit of social media shithousery from time to time, but the official City account has just tweeted JET's goal, tagged the Blue Few and gone with #mindthegap to 'celebrate' it being 5 years to the day we beat them in a no mark Cup competition

I find that a little embarrassing, anyone else? Having seen all the Bristol - Barf sparring in the build up to that game (congrats on beating them, btw!) I really don't want to see the football side of the business going down that route

Mark the 18 years since they were above us, but a 3rd rate Cup game? Not for me

It's like poking a two week old dog turd on the pavement, what comeback are we expecting? 

Wasn’t it the last time we played them..? I don’t see the problem & “Mind The Gap” should be used at every possible opportunity..! 

I’m glad to see that we partake in a little bit of friendly piss taking. 

#mindthegap

1 minute ago, Southport Red said:

TBH my first thought was about how little football JET has played in the five years since. 

I know! He’s played less league football that Bristol Rovers since then..! 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Bar BS3 said:

Wasn’t it the last time we played them..? I don’t see the problem & “Mind The Gap” should be used at every possible opportunity..! 

I’m glad to see that we partake in a little bit of friendly piss taking. 

#mindthegap

Don't get me wrong, I've used it a thousand times on twitter, but from the official account? Leave it to the fans

• Like 6

20 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

Don't get me wrong, I've used it a thousand times on twitter, but from the official account? Leave it to the fans

I think just misguided on this occasion. The official mention of babestation, and their excellent response, were both very good. Welcome to Bristol for Matty Taylor was good too.

Personally, I like the way the media department conduct themselves, but you're right - this was a shite fishing trip; maybe Robbored has a new job... 

Edited by Guest

22 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

I think the difference is it would be Scotty doing it in a personal capacity. Doing it officially from the club looks a bit classless...

Classless? They were putting our scores up on their "scoreboard" last season in the run in if we were losing - **** Rovers, they have no class whatsoever.

• Like 4