IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

3 minutes ago via mobile
Post Options

Post by Slide away on 23 minutes ago

yattongas Avatar
Here’s a fact for you that I’ve stated before and it’s 100% right. 99% of take over rumours involving Rovers are complete and utter tosh.
Source ? Just look back at the various Gas internet sites over the last 20 yrs. 

I would agree with this, but for there to of been complete silence from the owners for so long now and the fact that there has been no denial suggests that there could be something big around the corner this time...

ORRRRRRRR.... Your owners have been silent for 2 years & they're just doing the same as they always have done??? Something big around the corner ?

tomylil

tomylil Avatar

Member is Online

Posting Level

Next Level in 17 posts
13 minutes ago
Post Options

Post by tomylil on 13 minutes ago

faggotygas Avatar
Makes sod all difference though. I've worked for businesses owned by companies with massive market value, but it made no difference to my pay packet, and we had to achieve our margin like every other business they owned.

Too right.

You could have 10 billion but if you don't want to spend it means jack sh**, and even if you do want to spend it FFP stops small clubs getting bigger and keeps the big boys in their cosy environment.

As for the Al Qadi's they fall into the first category. The runt of their litter has been given loose change and has run out of pocket money.

10 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Am I missing something?

Surely by putting that shelter up, aren't they losing all the standing places on the terracing as it's either covered by the shelter or they won't be able to see because of the shelter? Wouldn't that take the capacity down?

Perhaps they will be marketing the space below as their new covered terrace. Squatting room only.

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Unan said:

400m? the bloke/family aren't worth 40 million they own a SMALL share of an investment bank, they say he's worth more then Tony Fenadez at QPR who is worth 750 million and is co-owned Lakshmi Mattel who is worth 17.5 billion,

that tells you all you need to know about that article 

• Like 2

WATCH: Thug footie fans vile taunts to Bristol Rovers' sex goddess   - ‘she’s got chlamydia’

Vile lads bully the woman with repeated taunts such as ”does she take it up the a*se?".
The Luton football fans then mock the woman for getting upset shouting “she's going to cry in a minute.”
The shocking footage was filmed last Saturday September at the Luton Town vs Bristol Rovers match at Kenilworth Road.
The men are believed to be Luton supporters whilst their female victim was a Bristol Rovers fan who goes by the name of Irene.

www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/730972/Luton-Town-FC-fans-video-sexism-footage-Bristol-Rovers 

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, wood_red said:
tomylil

tomylil Avatar

Member is Online

Posting Level

Next Level in 17 posts
13 minutes ago
Post Options

Post by tomylil on 13 minutes ago

faggotygas Avatar
Makes sod all difference though. I've worked for businesses owned by companies with massive market value, but it made no difference to my pay packet, and we had to achieve our margin like every other business they owned.

Too right.

You could have 10 billion but if you don't want to spend it means jack sh**, and even if you do want to spend it FFP stops small clubs getting bigger and keeps the big boys in their cosy environment.

As for the Al Qadi's they fall into the first category. The runt of their litter has been given loose change and has run out of pocket money.

They won't like such heresy .

I like this one in connection with the new ground. Surely a gurt Ted..

peterparker said:
Henbury Gas Avatar
Sooner than you think 

Maybe it will be announced via the big screen

The new owners ( Ali Baba Productions)  plan to use the all new, revamped, eco friendly, Santa's Grotto 

for the big reveal.   

Source - the camels toe

47 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Am I missing something?

Surely by putting that shelter up, aren't they losing all the standing places on the terracing as it's either covered by the shelter or they won't be able to see because of the shelter? Wouldn't that take the capacity down?

Exactly what I thought. They are replacing about 14 steps of terrace with about 8 rows of seats with restricted views.

Another commercial masterstroke.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, BS3City said:

Is that supposed to increase the capacity or improve the match day experience? Cos by the look of it it won't do either?

Absolutely pathetic! Keep 'em coming losers...?

It could be argued that having your view obscured by a tent, causing you to miss the action would be a match day experience enhancement.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Monkeh said:

400m? the bloke/family aren't worth 40 million they own a SMALL share of an investment bank, they say he's worth more then Tony Fenadez at QPR who is worth 750 million and is co-owned Lakshmi Mattel who is worth 17.5 billion,

that tells you all you need to know about that article 

People trolled through the family earlier in this posts and estimated the families worth around £70 million - a lot of money for sure, but as it's mostly assets I doubt they are a very cash rich family. 

Just now, The Joker said:

SILVERSTONE.jpg.62a108c1139307103fdb46a29fe25db5.jpg10B38CC3-A92D-4E77-897B-04F9A3E5DEDB.thumb.jpeg.875add70bd51a2bb485d01fb21a93afe.jpeg.54b2d3fda73d45ae8fd7daf4a02e68f0.jpeg

DREAMS                                                               REALITY     

Is that really all of it or is there another shelter which joins this alongside their main 'stand'? It looks really crap!