IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/13048/bristol-rovers-walsall-match-thread?page=8

Post Options Post by gasandelectricity on 58 minutes ago
Very interesting listening to Ed Hadwin on Twentyman he seems convinced that it’s not down to Darrell and that not much in the way of investment was coming in the summer. Also said that something is going down, and that there’s definitely interest, but they can’t find anything concrete. Given that Darrell seems to not like him too much, and that he has the inside line from people at the club this is extremely interesting.

Perhaps he said "we are 5H1T and are going down"! 

"Darrell is still our prized asset, and it would break my heart to see him leave, but he needs support from someone right now. Someone said on Twentyman that we should replace him with Holloway. I cringed at the suggestion but actually he could be the perfect man to offer up something like the above. Certainly not as a DOF but as someone who understands our club and these sorts of challenges as a manger like nobody else but Darrell himself".

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/13046/familiar-pattern socrates has posted (and try not to laugh out loud)

I think the losing by the odd goal every defeat can be changed in to a massive target for us.
If we can start to find the net more frequently then we’ll be picking 3 points up more often than not and rise up the table.
Got to get our forwards scoring because since we’ve brought in the keeper we’re rarley conceding and we can have a good season 

However, midlandgas 123 is a realist;

Odd statistics so we have picked up nil points from 3 top teams In 3 games but 10 points from 8 lower teams over 8 games , 
So really we are not picking up much more than a point a game from the lower teams 
Relegation statistics

• Hmmm 1

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

Can't wait for either Clarke to walk or get the sack, just so they can go into meltdown about who the new manager will be...

.... Only for Wally to appoint some Jordanian goat-herder or shepherd as he sees it as a sure fire way to build 'The club' overseas.

Breaking News ! 

Their Saviour has arrived in Horfield

(Goat to be appointed Assistant Manager)

image.png.da5318074f03a0ae39f6fb9bd53c7bba.png

Edited by Bazooka Joe

Poor old Nicholas has got himself in a tight spot again.

The Al-Qadi family won't go unless they get the full value of the land which they say is 17 million.

But the financial backer says if he pays that much for the site there won't be enough left to build Rovers a new football ground.

Our only hope now rests on a bumper olive harvest.  

• Haha 7

2 minutes ago, bert tann said:

The Al-Qadi family won't go unless they get the full value of the land which they say is 17 million.

But the financial backer says if he pays that much for the site there won't be enough left to build Rovers a new football ground.

Nicholas?

Can't wait for either Clarke to walk or get the sack, just so they can go into meltdown about who the new manager will be...

.... Only for Wally to appoint some Jordanian goat-herder or shepherd as he sees it as a sure fire way to build 'The club' overseas.

Hey should DC leave then the crowds will plummet, as according to man himself they are all 'His Fans'

• Like 2

4 hours ago, El Hombrecito said:

They've even installed a posh tent over the portaloos in the away end. Not to mention that executive disabled stand. Will improvements never end! ?

IMG-20181006-WA0003.jpg

is that 3 gallows for public hire after last minute defeats??. Bristol rope and twine would have made a mint today

I actually love Bristol rovers, no matter how sh%t your day, no matter how life seems like a problem, no matter if you don’t know which way to turn or which decision to take, you can turn on to any media outlet look at Bristol rovers and all of a sudden your in a good mood.

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

29 minutes ago, Bazooka Joe said:

Breaking News ! 

Their Saviour has arrived in Horfield

(Goat to be appointed Assistant Manager)

image.png.da5318074f03a0ae39f6fb9bd53c7bba.png

Can not see this going down well when the new mangers number two turns up wearing the colours of their citys' only profssional footbal club, sort of rubbing their nose in it.

With all his recent problems and a sacking looking imminent I'm surprised Jose M hasn't spotted an opportunity at The Mem yet. It's surely just a matter of time before the miserable sod puts his hat in the ring to join all the other miserable sods in Horfield. Wages shouldn't be a problem for the mega rich Wally, he has to stump up the readies soon, if he doesn't stand up and erm, 'make a stand' it'll be tine to pack up the tent pegs and ride off into the sunset on a camel...leaving a mess resembling a post Glastonbury Festival camp site behind him...

Expect Jose M to sign soon and take Bristol Rovers up where they belong, a huge club with massive potential.

All they lack right now is a 'special' one to take 'em there.  :liar:  

42 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Maybe he has been dieting for the last few years and now thinks this is his time to get carried down Gloucester Road.

It would certainly make up for his open top bus tour.

Ah yes, I remember Nick Higgs ... thousands of fans would travel miles just to be able to look at him .... occasionally!

opentopbus.jpg.eaf4ec1f0bf80f37d6340fc847fff17c.jpg

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, 22A said:

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/13046/familiar-pattern socrates has posted (and try not to laugh out loud)

I think the losing by the odd goal every defeat can be changed in to a massive target for us.
If we can start to find the net more frequently then we’ll be picking 3 points up more often than not and rise up the table.

Summary, if we could score more goals than the opposition we would win. 

Stunning insight. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, bert tann said:

Why, oh why would he subject himself to thankless job of owning BRFC again. He must enjoy pain.

20 minutes ago, Sergio Georgini said:

Looks like we've had a shout out from the overrated, outdated dog lover.. (It won't allow me to say the N word, no not THAT one!).

Do2PlrJXgAELH5U.jpg:large

Is that the genuine headline? If so I think he will be gone shortly as gas board can’t let a dig at them go in my view.

tbf he is right, the hopes they had when they were taken over are ebbing away and he has had the rug when and truly pulled from his feet in terms of his squad pre season. I think they will be very lucky to stay in league one by the end of the season as it stands.

Edited by Crackers Corner

27 minutes ago, Sergio Georgini said:

Looks like we've had a shout out from the overrated, outdated dog lover.. (It won't allow me to say the N word, no not THAT one!).

I'm just starting to feel a little bit sorry for him . . . . 

.......am I ****! ?

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, Sergio Georgini said:

Does he want another job? He is so unprofessional, not for the first time (‘happy days’) and should put the dummy back in! 

What he says may be completely true, but he shouldn’t be going to war with the owners, creating a divide with fans in the process, saying he needs Houdini like skills to work with the ‘players’ he’s left with, when his club are in the relegation zone and facing a scrap for survival.