IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

5 minutes ago, Malago said:

The contract between the old FL and the BBC stipulated that Beeb had to show certain amounts of games from Div 2 and even the odd one from DIv 3.  I remember we were on MOTD during the 75/76 promotion season.  A 4-1 win against York City.

I could well be wrong but weren`t both our games v York on MOTD that season? Probably my memory letting me down but I vaguely recall it.

1 hour ago, wendyredredrobin said:

For me, the funniest thing was that the day they departed the football league, it was really unexpected.  The sags had to lose and everyone around them had to win.  Relegation seemed really unlikely until I started looking at the 'as it stands' tables mid second half.  The seemingly impossible was becoming more and more likely and then Sir Colin popped up and scored the famous goal.  I too remembering not being able to stop listening to Twentyman that afternoon. The day OTIB became reality ?

Weren't they only in a relegation position for around 27 minutes that season? :rofl2br:

• Haha 1