chilly1883
Reserve Team

chilly1883 Avatar

Posting Level

Next Level in 19 posts
about an hour ago via mobile
Post Options

Post by chilly1883 on about an hour ago

Really worrying statement from DC, no one coming in, unless players are sold. No disrespect, but we couldn’t get bukta tracksuits or Lonsdale trainers, for our lot. Ta da league 1?

10 minutes ago, Unan said:
chilly1883
Reserve Team

chilly1883 Avatar

Posting Level

Next Level in 19 posts
about an hour ago via mobile
Post Options

Post by chilly1883 on about an hour ago

Really worrying statement from DC, no one coming in, unless players are sold. No disrespect, but we couldn’t get bukta tracksuits or Lonsdale trainers, for our lot. Ta da league 1?

Love the way he says `no disrespect` before going on to say the team are basically shite and worth nothing!

46 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

If past experience is anything to go by it would only need to be a tenner. One of them could then go in and pass his ticket through the fence to the other.

#itswhattheydo

All paid for by selling lost season tickets

or a quick sleight of hand in the Supporter Club accounting

#itswhattheydo

• Haha 1

‘ Avon and Somerset Police have notified us of an ongoing incident in the Horfield area, of Bristol, near the tented village , where a scruffy youth , described as having bad acne , has been running amongst traffic randomly head butting mini buses following Rovers home defeat , which sees them staring at League Two.......again

Several roads have been closed and motorists ,, and horses , have been advised to avoid the area

One mini bus driver, Mr Alan Robinson who was operating Rovers dial a ride , said he was ‘ shocked but uninjured ‘ in the attack

Edited by BobBobSuperBob
  • Haha 7

40 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

‘ Avon and Somerset Police have notified us of an ongoing incident in the Horfield area, of Bristol, near the tented village , where a scruffy youth , described as having bad acne , has been running amongst traffic randomly head butting mini buses following Rovers home defeat , which sees them staring at League Two.......again

Several roads have been closed and motorists ,, and horses , have been advised to avoid the area

One mini bus driver, Mr Alan Robinson who was operating Rovers dial a ride , said he was ‘ shocked but uninjured ‘ in the attack

And didn't believe what had happened, until he read it on the official site.

• Haha 5

3 hours ago, Taz said:

I think you'll find that the ref DID actually play on for another hour, but blew for full time eventually when the Scunthorpe bus left The Go Outdoors Stadium. Nichols came closest in the hour of stoppage time, but he still only managed to hit the inside of the post.

The go outdoors stadium ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Taz said:

I think you'll find that the ref DID actually play on for another hour, but blew for full time eventually when the Scunthorpe bus left The Go Outdoors Stadium. Nichols came closest in the hour of stoppage time, but he still only managed to hit the inside of the post.

I hope it wasn`t the one holding the ridge pole up. The cost of repairing that could seriously affect the club`s January transfer budget.

• Haha 1

Wasn't it also free for all Members and ex-members of the Armed Forces today as well?

Nice gesture from the Gas to be fair, but that's another 50 or 60 off the 'loyal blue few' (guestimate obviously).

Actually - be nice if Mr Ashton would offer this for say the FA Cup 3rd round if we draw a non-glamour club?

Maybe free for all Forces Veterans and serving Armed Forces and Emergency Services staff inc Firefighters,Nursing staff, Physio's etc.

Good PR for the 'franchise'

@Matt Parsons BCFCSLO

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

From Gashcat

"I think there is some serious belt tightening going on at the club. Might explain why the away end was shut today. Save money in staff."

Away end closed. Really?

The standing away terrace was closed today.

Scunthorpe fans were housed in the seats in the away section of the south stand 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

RetroGamer
Reserve Team

RetroGamer Avatar

Posting Level

Next Level in 171 posts
11 hours ago via mobile
Post Options

Post by RetroGamer on 11 hours ago

gasandelectricity Avatar
Why take this out on the Bristol Post?

If we have problem fans I want us to do something about it and get rid of them.

If the clubs doing something about it, then fantastic, we should congratulate the club. If the clubs not then why not?

Ultimately if we have a higher percentage of numpties then that’s very sad.

There are no bans from trouble at home according to the article so Bristol Rovers aren't likely to be doing anything about it. A few people I know were banned last season and it was the club we travelled to that pushed for the bans. Their season cards still work too although other people have been using them instead.

I'm sure if away fans played up at the Mem it would be our clubs duty to sort it out.

So even less loyal and few, and the Gas don't cancel banned thugs season cards!!

So much for ID checks on the turnstiles to weed out the convicted hoolies ?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, cityal said:

Even less likely that they would have two that admit to it as well

I spent the day dressed in a pink tutu, hanging around the toilets of bars around old market, offering the punters hand jobs in exchange for a Malibu & Coke. 

Ok, I didn’t. I went to watch Rovers, but I was too embarrassed to say that...!

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

2 hours ago, JulieH said:

The standing away terrace was closed today.

Scunthorpe fans were housed in the seats in the away section of the south stand 

I think you mean the south ‘tent’....glamorous venue that Memorial Ground....

Edit: I see that @Bar BS3 has already made reference to the ‘tent’ - apologies....

Edited by BS4 on Tour...
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

That Blackpool result is looking increasingly odd. Blackpool have won every game since, clearly they got a kick up the backside for losing to that shower.

Just one of those freak results that happens from time to time I reckon.

The best thing about it was it made the deluded blue few think they`d turned a corner and were coming for us again rather than looking over their shoulders at oblivion.

#conferenceready

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Red Right Hand said:

Just one of those freak results that happens from time to time I reckon.

The best thing about it was it made the deluded blue few think they`d turned a corner and were coming for us again rather than looking over their shoulders at oblivion.

#conferenceready

bit like us winning 3-0 at qpr

• Confused 1