IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

34 minutes ago, TomF said:

Hoping for the defensive coach to have a quick turn around then give him the job. Nice cheap option... 

Agreed. The fact MS was staying until he walked speaks volumes.

It does seem they have spent sun-thurs negotiating with DC his pay off after Saturday's outburst. And unlike DC who 'mutually' negotiated his exit, Stewart asked to walk away.

Could DC have a new job lined up and MS is joining, or were his wages so low he genuinely thought bugger this? It's not often an assistant will walk like MS has, hours after in a separate announcement,,, that stinks more than rotting fish. 

Any 'candidate' looking outside in should surely see what an absolute utter mess they are in. If managers don't have agents they bloody well should have, any agent worth his salt would say 'pass this one up mate'. 

Just now, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Cotterill would save them from relegation but they’re too busy shitting their pants in rage over things they’ve made up in their own heads. 

When was the ‘loads’ of times Cotterill slagged off the Gas then? 

Belters ?

11569712-2A93-44EB-BE78-D3876E11EB07.jpeg

To be honest, when he was mooted here he had a fair few threads in similar vein... hands up I think I posted pretty derogatory remarks about him. 

As it goes, he's now the Bristol City manager of my lifetime I hold in the highest esteem. People say he bought the double season, but you still have to buy well, and he damn well did that. 

Cotterill I don't know why, he is always going to be unpopular amongst a fan base. He has a very unfashionable tag. But he is seriously, seripusly, competent. He's a manager like Big Sam, he might not be the most articulate or the best debater, but just go with him, write him a blank cheque, you will not be disappointed. If SL did that, I still think we'd be on parachute payments by now. 

19 minutes ago, 29AR said:

To be honest, when he was mooted here he had a fair few threads in similar vein... hands up I think I posted pretty derogatory remarks about him. . 

There were plenty of people questioning whether he was the best man for the job based on football reasons, our situation was looking pretty dire at the time. 

Most of the Sags moaning about the possibility of Cotterill becoming their new manager are using dumb reasons like, he’s an ex ‘shithead’ and “he gert slagged is off mind”....when he actually didn’t.

They deserve relegation and they deserve owners who keep them in the dark.

Insecure, paranoid boneheads.

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, redsquirrel said:

…*on a side note,harry rednapps turned them down as they couldn't match his 7 jam rolypolys a week pay demands.they showed him the door when he asked for custard win bonuses   

...only partly true red squirrel, the desserts weren't altogether to blame, (turns out six jam roly polys AND custard per week could have been negotiated when someone finally realised most that weeks Harry would have Sunday's off anyway) 

The deal breaker was Harry's odd demand for two dozen fresh goats eyes and a croc cock to be available for each team talk and training session, where the **** he got that idea from gawd only knows, he's a strange fella is Harry..  the jellied eels and mash wouldn't have been a problem apparently. 

Anyway....  

Wally's interest in getting Harry on board stemmed from an overheard reality tv conversation between H and Noel Edmunds when Sandbanks was mentioned..... "Sand Banks? **** Me!!'' thought Wally .. ''I really am mega-rich afterall,  I've got a desert full of the stuff back home, hmm Sand Banks eh? " ...  " Right, Irene, hold the fort,  I'm off to get meself an account "

• Like 1

Does anyone else find all these lovely posts about steve cotterill hypocritical?

I mean wasn't it a fact that most of the fanbase were screaming for the club to sack him ?

Maybe i imagined that?

2 hours ago, bobby kellard was go said:

Does anyone else find all these lovely posts about steve cotterill hypocritical?

I mean wasn't it a fact that most of the fanbase were screaming for the club to sack him ?

Maybe i imagined that?

Not necessarily . You can still have liked him, appreciated what he had done for us, but realised that a change had to be made or we were heading down again. 

• Like 9

8 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Cotterill would save them from relegation but they’re too busy shitting their pants in rage over things they’ve made up in their own heads. 

When was the ‘loads’ of times Cotterill slagged off the Gas then? 

Belters ?

11569712-2A93-44EB-BE78-D3876E11EB07.jpeg

Putting it like that on Gas chat , let's all get behind SC for the Rag Ass Rovers.

Edited by Major Isewater

8 hours ago, luke_bristol said:

Seen cotts around Bristol twice in the last 6 months, still don’t think he’d take the job though 

My understanding is that he has a place in Dubai and spends a lot of time there. Also, again I don’t know if this has been mentioned, but on tv last night they said he was at one of their matches recently, but at a guest of the opposition team. I don’t know if the rumours of him being interested are because of this sighting, but even then they are straw clutching I think.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, RedM said:

My understanding is that he has a place in Dubai and spends a lot of time there. Also, again I don’t know if this has been mentioned, but on tv last night they said he was at one of their matches recently, but at a guest of the opposition team. I don’t know if the rumours of him being interested are because of this sighting, but even then they are straw clutching I think.

Just think it's a case of a football manager, Who's out of a job going to watch a football match albeit as a guest of Scunthorpe . Just don't see how they could afford him & it would represent a massive step down on Cotts behalf,  he'll get another job, just at a proper football club.

• Like 2

Cotterill would be a perfect match for The Gas. Put it this way, within football he isn't on many Christmas card lists and is largely loathed for having an attitude that betrays more about misplaced confidence in himself than any innate talent.

To his credit he gave us a season to remember (worryingly might do similar  for them,) only to undo all that work by letting his 'character' come to the fore. Only the desperate would offer him a route back post Birmingham.

2 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

Cotterill would be a perfect match for The Gas. Put it this way, within football he isn't on many Christmas card lists and is largely loathed for having an attitude that betrays more about misplaced confidence in himself than any innate talent.

To his credit he gave us a season to remember (worryingly might do similar  for them,) only to undo all that work by letting his 'character' come to the fore. Only the desperate would offer him a route back post Birmingham.

It would only be that ego that would take him there I would imagine. Apparently still being paid by previous employers and living manly in Dubai, what else would drag you back to a job like that?

39 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

Just think it's a case of a football manager, Who's out of a job going to watch a football match albeit as a guest of Scunthorpe . Just don't see how they could afford him & it would represent a massive step down on Cotts behalf,  he'll get another job, just at a proper football club.

Isn`t he quite chummy with Hamer too? I`m sure I heard that somewhere.

As for Cotterill his success at Cheltenham was over 16 years ago and his Bristol City side included breaking their transfer record at the time to sign Agard (about 800k) and spending 500k on Luke Freeman. There were other significant deals too. I'm not as against his appointment as some, but he wouldn't be my choice.

Ah never knew that . Basing your opinions on bullshit facts . Not like them is it . Morons 

• Haha 3