IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

4 hours ago, BS3City said:

Didn't some commercial guy at Rovers state in the summer that they and Spurs had put more into ground redevelopment than any other clubs, or did I dream that?

Either way, the Blue Few seem to have overcome their issues far more quickly...

0_JMP_Bristol_Rovers_Coventry_City_da001JPG.thumb.jpg.8edbed9fc123330909aaf8028269816e.jpg

WOW...!

View from the rear.....

tent.jpg.fd1809abc5726dcb9332a4c57c043ac9.jpg

4 hours ago, BS3City said:

Didn't some commercial guy at Rovers state in the summer that they and Spurs had put more into ground redevelopment than any other clubs, or did I dream that?

0_JMP_Bristol_Rovers_Coventry_City_da001JPG.thumb.jpg.8edbed9fc123330909aaf8028269816e.jpg

WOW...!

Even got tinpot sponsors.

'office-beverages.com'

Sounds like a front for Russian fraudsters.

5 hours ago, edada said:

Comedy hour on radio Bristol where the gas new manager has just said that he doesn’t need new signings and the ground and training ground don’t need to be changed. He actually said that their facilities are on a par with the teams in league one and much better than Sheffield Wednesday! And they all rang in to thank him. You couldn’t make this crap up.

.....seems reasonable....any thoughts @Owl Visiting ??!

42579CC9-E2D1-4B31-A881-1C92769D96BC.jpeg

6CE3D73D-4301-4A09-8C6E-027CCB6B7F9F.jpeg

Edited by BS4 on Tour...
  • Haha 11

15 hours ago, edada said:

Comedy hour on radio Bristol where the gas new manager has just said that he doesn’t need new signings and the ground and training ground don’t need to be changed. He actually said that their facilities are on a par with the teams in league one and much better than Sheffield Wednesday! And they all rang in to thank him. You couldn’t make this crap up.

I said it the other day. I think the bloke is a comedy genius.

He knows that his audience have incredible delusions of grandeur, are completely deluded, thinks that winning the Watney Cup on penalties during the 1970’s automatically elevated their status to “massive club” and that they probably have other psychological problems after devouring a 1 star food rated Diamond Kebab following a night in Chasers drinking bottles of piss and getting off with their sisters.

So he has played right into their hands. I bet he will be darning a tee-shirt with Holloway’s head on it next with a speech bubble saying “Let’s all play ‘Find The Sheed’ed’” and quoting the glory days of 1990 where winning the title meant nothing, but stealing the title from “The Sh1t” and getting one over on they gurt Ted’s meant everything.

The 6 fingered ones will be jizzing on their giros and reminiscing about the Tote End by 8am in the Kingswood Colliers tomorrow.

Edited by Cheesleysmate
  • Haha 1

Image result for ian holloway DICK-HEAD

Talking of which .... from his new comedy spot in the Post ...

GettyImages-623630804.jpg

"Congratulations to Graham Coughlan on being appointed Bristol Rovers manager, having transformed fortunes on the pitch during his spell as caretaker boss.

I wish him nothing but the best for the future. And I can reveal through this column that I envy him because I would have loved the opportunity to return to the club closest to my heart.

Lots of fans have contacted me over the past few weeks asking if I was interested in the job, but I didn’t feel it was right to comment publicly until an appointment was made.

Now, while I am pleased that Rovers have gone for a man like Graham, who appears to have the same passion for football as predecessor Darrell Clarke, I want to make it clear that I wish I was in his position today.

Having had the privilege of being manager before, I see it as a job to die for. I didn’t even get as far as an interview, but I want the fans to know that had the club wanted me, I would have been over the moon.

Rovers always have been and always will be my club, wherever else I may be employed. I crave success for whoever is in charge of the team."

More of the same here ...

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/sport-opinion/good-luck-graham-wish-new-2417090

13 minutes ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

"Congratulations to Graham Coughlan on being appointed Bristol Rovers manager, having transformed fortunes on the pitch during his spell as caretaker boss.

I wish him nothing but the best for the future. And I can reveal through this column that I envy him because I would have loved the opportunity to return to the club closest to my heart but QPR already has a manager.

;)

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, BS3City said:

WOW...!

“Us and Spurs” ????. Typical gas logic in action. Forgetting the fact that Spurs have spent about a billion on their stadium whereas the fewers traded in Nectar points at Homebase to buy a few plastic garden chairs and some Championship Ready horse shit to spread outside their grotto. The fact that nobody else decided to spend anything did indeed put them only one place and a “short head” billion pounds behind Spurs.....

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

I wish him nothing but the best for the future. And I can reveal through this column that I envy him because I would have loved the opportunity to return to the club closest to my heart.

Lots of fans have contacted me over the past few weeks asking if I was interested in the job, but I didn’t feel it was right to comment publicly until an appointment was made.

Now, while I am pleased that Rovers have gone for a man like Graham, who appears to have the same passion for football as predecessor Darrell Clarke, I want to make it clear that I wish I was in his position today.

Having had the privilege of being manager before, I see it as a job to die for. I didn’t even get as far as an interview, but I want the fans to know that had the club wanted me, I would have been over the moon.

Rovers always have been and always will be my club, wherever else I may be employed. I crave success for whoever is in charge of the team."

More of the same here ...

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/sport-opinion/good-luck-graham-wish-new-2417090

So there we have it. If they didn't bother interviewing someone as obvious as Hollowhead, then they probably never bothered interviewing anyone. I think Coughlan would have got the job to the end of the season no matter what, luckily for them, he has had a dead cat bounce so far, which makes him look like the obvious appointment. It's worth noting that very few clubs look at that instant effect and make a similar decision, look at us with Pemberton for example.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

“Us and Spurs” ????. Typical gas logic in action. Forgetting the fact that Spurs have spent about a billion on their stadium whereas the fewers traded in Nectar points at Homebase to buy a few plastic garden chairs and some Championship Ready horse shit to spread outside their grotto. The fact that nobody else decided to spend anything did indeed put them only one place and a “short head” billion pounds behind Spurs.....

Spurs new ground can it compare with the minimal don't see many similarities 

Spurs new ground.jpg

20 minutes ago, TwoSheds said:

Spurs new ground can it compare with the minimal don't see many similarities 

Spurs new ground.jpg

Nonsense! 

If you only count a third of one of those blocks in the bottom tier, it has approximately the same number of seats as the new stand at the Mem. 

How similar do you want it to be..?! 

33 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Very true. You’d expect Sheffield Wednesday to have “Championship ready” sprinklers also. 

You also have to wonder why the mem has never been chosen as a neutral venue for FA Cup semi finals over the years......

Edited by Port Said Red
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

You also have to wonder why the mem has never been chosen as a neutral venue for FA Cup semi finals over the years......

Don't be so ridiculous.

They're hoping for the final one day :thumbsup:

• Haha 1

Wally already has his next interview answers planned - "So WAC, what has happened with the new training ground and stadium that were planned", "well Geoff, the lovely manager we have in charge now has assured us all that we do not need any of it to progress as a club, he is a great manager and a personal friend. What he tells us all is 100% true and accurate, and therefore it is a pointless waste of funds getting the plans and the building of such facilities". "I would like to reiterate it has absolutely nothing to do with rumours that I haven't got a pot to p1ss in".