IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 hour ago, BCFC11 said:

? you sure about that? I seem to recall despite having heavy rain forecast in the days leading up to that game someone conveniently left the pitch covers off, strange that. As for City nothing springs to mind.

If I remember correctly, Rovers had appealed for help from fans to help get the pitch playable in previous matches over that period. Didn’t seem so eager for that Stockport match. 

Whether the club could’ve done something about it or not there’s Gasheads I know who not only think they had the game called off on purpose...they’re bizarrely proud of it. 

....those same Gasheads think Wycombe are cheats.

#Gaslogic

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Thanks for the explanation, Miah. I know that Accrington is a regular trip for you guys whereas I can't honestly remember when last we played there so your insight is welcome. It's a ground I've never had occasion to visit.

If we can ever reciprocate by giving your supporters information about the grounds of some of the bigger clubs in the country, which they'll only have ever seen on tv, we'll be delighted to help.

Hands across the water :thumbsup:

We appear to have played there in the FA Cup in January 1958 - exactly 60 years ago! That was probably the last time as they folded in 1962 and resigned from the league. Obviously we haven’t been in the same division since then.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Leveller said:

We appear to have played there in the FA Cup in January 1958 - exactly 60 years ago! That was probably the last time as they folded in 1962 and resigned from the league. Obviously we haven’t been in the same division since then.

Yep. According to 11v11.com that cup tie (and the replay at Ashton Gate that we won 3-1) was the only time we have played them.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Southstandoriginal said:

Yep. According to 11v11.com that cup tie (and the replay at Ashton Gate that we won 3-1) was the only time we have played them.

Probably because it was DIvision 3 North and South in those days, I don't know if they ever made it any higher than that?

On 12/01/2019 at 19:35, 22A said:

But they are happy with that massive result! http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/13678/accrington-gas-thread?page=11

We're unbeaten in 6 and picking up points. Making ourselves hard to beat. I would say we've definitely turned a corner.

Points a point , another clean sheet in crap conditions , I’ll take that. FTG !!!

That’ll do nicely, stopped an 8th successive win by Accrington against us ?
Onwards and upwards! 
Let’s smash the **** out of them cheating bastards Wycscum next weekend, out on the piss now to to celebrate a 0 - 0 against Accrington 

Let’s just take in the last half sentence , 

«  out on the piss now to celebrate a 0-0 against Accrington « 

Says it all about the galaxy between the two clubs .

• Like 3

Korey Smith was in the commentary booth for the BCTV+ coverage yesterday and he took credit for Matty Taylor’s goal. He claims he told MT pre-match that whenever he got the ball he should have a shot or he’d need to give Smith a fiver.

“That was all the motivation I needed,” said Taylor. “That was a week’s wages when I was at Rovers.”

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

On ‎13‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 20:48, Miah Dennehy said:

I think every club has cheated at some point, although I'm not convinced we did over the Stockport postponement. Do you think City have ever cheated?

BRFC were warned officially by the FA about future conduct, concerning the late late Stockport postponement. This was where the groundsman was seen by a Stockport official, watering the corner of the pitch at the non tent corner, and Stockport made an official complaint.?

A similar event happened at Trumpton when Rovers were due to host Bristol City. Rovers who were struggling with injuries to key players had a piece of good fortune. The water main, which was three ft underground, suddenly sprang a leak overnight and, the game had to be postponed due to a waterlogged corner of the pitch.  I believe the groundsman was re employed at the rugby ground by BRFC, then made a life president, along with Arthur Holmes the rugby club chairman, for their services to BRFC.

BCFC cheated when making an application for grants, I think Les Kew was in charge at the time but, I could be wrong on this point.:whistle2:

4 hours ago, myol'man said:

The leprechaun got the job on the back of saying that the Memorial Ground is fine and training on a children's playing field is ok :gasmask:

It's served them well up to this point in time, why mend something that aint broke?

On 13/01/2019 at 10:00, Miah Dennehy said:

I don't care about Wycombe one way or the other and I like to think I'm a pretty level headed bloke. However, I was at the game where the 'lightening strike' happened. Admittedly I'm not an expert on such things . but I would like to think that if I was in a structure that was hit by lightening I would probably realise it had happened. Seemingly it was only their safety officer who saw the lightening strike, added to the fact that Wycombe had been practically begging the ref to abandon the game up until then ,  I'm gonna stick my neck out and say yes, the dirty  ******* cheated and I was raging at the time!

In the interest of balance, I freely admit that if this had happened to City, I would have found it extremely amusing :)

Care to comment about Stockport at home just before the 2nd leg of the JPT Final against us when your club flooded the pitch to avoid playing an in form Stockport.

Seems like Karma to me

23 hours ago, Leveller said:

Exactly 61 years ago, Carol Vorderman you ain't!!

5 hours ago, Busterrimes said:

Care to comment about Stockport at home just before the 2nd leg of the JPT Final against us when your club flooded the pitch to avoid playing an in form Stockport.

Seems like Karma to me

To be fair to Miah they usually only cheat and steal from eachother,  rather than others. Except when they tried to steal Ashton Gate of course.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

To be fair to Miah they usually only cheat and steal from each other,  rather than others. Except when they:-

• tried to steal Ashton Gate of course.
  • stole the Memorial Ground from Bristol Rugby
  • tried to steal Wycombe's place in the football league after getting relegated by taking them to court
  • stole a watertight contract from Sainsbury's and replaced it with an ever-so-leaky contract
  • stole money from the punters selling diluted piss and calling it Fanta
  • stole the piss-stained Santa's Grotto porta-loo from a building site
  • tried to steal the fencing for the Colony by not paying their bills
  • stole the famous blue and white quarters from another team?

Feel free to carry on the list ...

1 hour ago, Ohbasso said:

Stole their anthem from Plymouth.

Stole watches from players.

Stole from the supporters club.

Stole the money for sand and bought cheaper stuff instead.

Stole the Memorial Ground from the rugby club

Edited by myol'man
  • Like 2