IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

They don't seem a happy bunch over on Sagchat. For some reason they actually think their owner isn't going to spend money and take them forward - I cannot think why they have just come to this conclusion...

3 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

The BBC website has Abu Ogogo going from the Gas to Coventry. Being one of those who has no idea about most of their squad, I took this to be correct and was thinking they can't have many players left. :) 
Stefan Payne must have been desperately unhappy there, I don't quite understand why he ever moved in the first place, Shrewsbury were looking really good last year and he had scored 11 goals for them. 20 games and 2 goals later, he is back there. Lest we forget, this is how enthusiastic he was on signing...........

image.png.49cae485dd8e99d436e3694a110588dc.png

I genuinely believe he thought he was signing for the other Bristol club.

Well nobody will bat an eyelid when he next gives their loyal and true the V sign.

Its a bit awkward when you're wearing the same tatty rag.

Their manager clearly is clueless. According to his press conference he has no idea if Payne can play against them in a couple of weeks. Instead he hopes the pen pushers have done their job. Would they be the same people who had the water tight contract with sainsbury's. Hope they cocked up and he plays against them, has a blinder and scores a hat trick!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

Even Rovers aren't stupid enough to let one of their own players score the goals that might relegate them whilst playing for the opposition.

That said...

..... but they are stupid enough to let a player score a goal that relegates them whilst wearing their own kit 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, weepywall said:

Their manager has just been on Points West saying that the new striker is one of the best in that division...........that will be the reason Coventry let him go then !!!!

But that lot will lap it up . He’s Taylor made for the fewers . He’s more deluded than the fanbase if that’s possible 

• Haha 1

Wow; reality has struck home with several of them! (But delusions still shine hrough).

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/13798/sold-river

Sorry, just how I feel at the mo.  New owners, no ambition, no new ground, no new training ground - no money.  Really feel cheated after 60 years of following.

Completely agree! I for the first time in a long time will not be buying a season ticket next season. I can't wait until the owners leave! 
On the other hand I'm a bath lad and bath city are really doing a lot more marketing than they have historically, plus have plans to redevelop whilst adding to the community in which I live and I must admit they are sucking me in a bit at the moment. Never in a million years thought I would ever feel like that as I'm blue through and through! Just feel so helpless and pissed off with everything connected to rovers - we are just so tinpot for our crowd sizes and we are being mugged off!

It's fairly evident now that the progress we made over the last few years was in spite of the Al Qadis rather than because of them.

Yep, and two years after that we were back in League 1, which I always felt was our rightful place. A decent league 1 team chasing championship football. Over the last 15 or so years we have become a team who struggle to stay in League 1 and this has not changed despite different owners. How has that happened with our large fan base?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, 22A said:

Wow; reality has struck home with several of them! (But delusions still shine hrough).

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/13798/sold-river

Sorry, just how I feel at the mo.  New owners, no ambition, no new ground, no new training ground - no money.  Really feel cheated after 60 years of following.

Completely agree! I for the first time in a long time will not be buying a season ticket next season. I can't wait until the owners leave! 
On the other hand I'm a bath lad and bath city are really doing a lot more marketing than they have historically, plus have plans to redevelop whilst adding to the community in which I live and I must admit they are sucking me in a bit at the moment. Never in a million years thought I would ever feel like that as I'm blue through and through! Just feel so helpless and pissed off with everything connected to rovers - we are just so tinpot for our crowd sizes and we are being mugged off!

It's fairly evident now that the progress we made over the last few years was in spite of the Al Qadis rather than because of them.

Yep, and two years after that we were back in League 1, which I always felt was our rightful place. A decent league 1 team chasing championship football. Over the last 15 or so years we have become a team who struggle to stay in League 1 and this has not changed despite different owners. How has that happened with our large fan base?

Realisation may be setting in for a few of them but the question is what are they going to do about it before it’s too late?

NOTHING!

They must love getting shafted as they all bend over and take it dry up the wrong un, then w4nk each other off on Slagchat about how great their support is.

They have got exactly the club they deserve, all they could muster last time they all had enough was a poxy online petition trying to get Wally to ‘mend their broken relationship’ ? then some other bright spark came up with the idea of bombarding the Al Qadi’s Jordanian bank on Twitter voicing their displeasure :facepalm:

and they wonder why they are so tinpot?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I don’t think I’ve ever heard a City fan claim we have a large fanbase and we average over 20k.

Everytime there’s a thread on Slagchat about how hard done by they are (which is every ******* day) at least one of the belters comes out with that “we’ve got a large fanbase” rubbish. I don’t know what they’re averaging this season but I do know that they haven’t had over 9k Sags watch a match at home this season in L1 and their attendance the other night was about 6800. 

Is there another group of fans in the country who are as utterly deluded as Gasheads?

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Villa do try but they`re not in the same ball park as the undisputed kings of delusion.

Villa have actually achieved things, they also have a genuinely large fanbase. 

I dislike Villa and a lot of their fans come across as arrogant (in my experience) but at least they can back up their claims. It’s hilarious that so many Gasheads seem to genuinely believe they have a large fanbase despite all the evidence to the contrary.

Bizarre.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

I dislike Villa and a lot of their fans come across as arrogant (in my experience) but at least they can back up their claims. It’s hilarious that so many Gasheads seem to genuinely believe they have a large fanbase despite all the evidence to the contrary.

Bizarre.

Crowds I`ll agree but this whole `we`re too big for this league and should be in the prem by right` thing does smack of gasism.

1 minute ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Bizarre.

For such a large fanbase to not have averaged more than 10,000 since 1976 is insane, were 20,000 gasheads sent to prison that year?

42 minutes ago, redcityman said:

For such a large fanbase to not have averaged more than 10,000 since 1976 is insane, were 20,000 gasheads sent to prison that year?

First division football was available in Bristol for the first time in 65 years in 1976 and it wasn't at Eastville!  I don't think their crowds ever recovered from that. 

13 hours ago, Southstandoriginal said:

First division football was available in Bristol for the first time in 65 years in 1976 and it wasn't at Eastville!  I don't think their crowds ever recovered from that. 

That's a really good point, never thought of that before, our all to brief spell in Division 1 would have had an impact on new support in that time and we would have been the gainers. 

• Like 1