IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

10 hours ago, sglosbcfc said:

Ok, so we haven't progressed at all have we, so I must be dreaming  that the pitch and sprinkler sytsem is better than it used to be, the club shop is bigger and more accessible than it used to be, the club house is far better than it used to be, the Former Players Association and the Ability Groups must be a figment of my imagination. I could go on with quite a number of other areas we have progressed with but can't be arsed. Just because we don't have a new stadium or training ground doesn't mean we haven't progressed. Ok, I accept that things haven't improved as some of our fans would like them to but unless someone else comes along to invest a substantial amount of money, and that doesn't appear to be happening anytime soon we have to accept that our current owners continue to fund £20,000 losses every week and continue to pay the bills to maintain us where we are. If you don't like it, lets see the colour of your money to progress things how you would like it FTG !

more Gas magic taken from their forum, the sprinkler system is what it is all about folks.

Is there a league table for sprinkler systems at clubs?

Maybe Bournemouth should have a points deduction following their faux pa against wolves - absolute shambolic sprinkler system!

• Haha 1

Ye saw the saggies were gloating on how much the Sunderland fans loved them ..Course they did ,it was a weekend on the piss knowing full well that an easy 3 pts on offer .What it it with the fewers that they need to be loved so much ,was the same when the played Chelsea wasnt it . Desperate tossers.

One of my mates is a Sunderland fan (from up there, now living and working down here) and for a treat, he took his family (wife and both sets of parents) to the Mem to see the game. They honestly believed they were going to a football stadium.

I don't think he'll ever live the embarrassment down.....and I mean, EVER ! 

1 minute ago, RedLionLad said:

One of my mates is a Sunderland fan (from up there, now living and working down here) and for a treat, he took his family (wife and both sets of parents) to the Mem to see the game. They honestly believed they were going to a football stadium.

I don't think he'll ever live the embarrassment down.....and I mean, EVER ! 

or the mackem whos taxi took him to ashton gate.....

6 hours ago, Gazred said:

Doesn't say a lot for their supporters. Will come out in droves if they are successful and play in a new stadium but rarely fill the current dump as they fight relegation. Massive, passionate, loyal fan base my arse.

The thing is most of the so called 30k, 40k or 50k fans that went to any Wembley match are not Rovers fans. They are people going for a day out and friends/families of the odd fan, and have no interest to go and watch them at Chernobyl - I doubt they would even go to a new stadium either. If they beat Sunderland and get to the final of the Checkatrade there will be a fair few going, but when they get back their next home match there will be about 7k if they are lucky.

Their bigger issue they have is with their so called current fanbase is it is generally terrible and get around 7-8k and dwindling - all the younger people in Bristol are going to Ashton and we are getting averages of 20k. They are screwed, and it will be interesting to see how many season tickets they sell for next season. 

13 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

" Best comment i read from Sunderland fans about us 'Rovers vs City are respect rich!! brilliant and every Gas head will know what he means! "

I must not be a Gas head then...

Well, not ‘Sunderland fans’...a Sunderland FAN, who has already admitted he’s massively biased as Rovers are his ‘second team’. 

This post below is pretty ******* tragic, boasting about being the biggest club in the Conference that season as if it’s something to be proud of ?

However they DID act Billy Big Bollocks, just ask Barnet fans who were still taking the piss out of them about it this season.

Deluded idiots.

The Gifts keep on coming...

E0E130B4-3633-447B-A213-FDF915FA1792.jpeg

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan

Why do they have such a need to be loved by other fans?

I guess they feel it’s some kind of moral victory but how ******* embarrassing to even ask fans of another club who they prefer out of the teams in Bristol 

Imagine being on holiday / away day etc when some helmet from Nottingham asks you if you prefer Forest or County. Don’t care mate, only interested in my team

Very odd set of fans in North Bristol

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, 54-46 said:

Why do they have such a need to be loved by other fans?

I guess they feel it’s some kind of moral victory but how ******* embarrassing to even ask fans of another club who they prefer out of the teams in Bristol 

Imagine being on holiday / away day etc when some helmet from Nottingham asks you if you prefer Forest or County. Don’t care mate, only interested in my team

Classic inferiority complex, and they should feel inferior because they are.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, myol'man said:

They are considering giving Sunderland more tickets for the Check it out Trophy semifinal to make more money due to poor home ticket sales. 

If that's true about poor tickets sales, perhaps they should offer Sunderland tickets for ALL their home games.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, myol'man said:

They are considering giving Sunderland more tickets for the Check it out Trophy semifinal to make more money due to poor home ticket sales. 

I thought the Gas and Sunderland were all brand new besties and united in their hatred of everything “Ted”.....did they have a lovers tiff or something?

30 minutes ago, 54-46 said:

Being from North Bristol I can confirm that only around 30% is odd the other 70% are city fans. Bradley Stoke is becoming a strong City area and when on tv the local pubs are rammed. Of  course they would not have you think that.

Edited by Kodjias Wrist
  • Like 2

I was chatting to a group of Barcelona, Real Madrid, PSG, Juventus & Man City fans the other day. 

They all said how much they envy Bristol City. They even said we are their favourite club in Europe and they can’t wait for their clubs to fold, so that they can switch their allegiance to support Bristol’s finest. 

Honestly. It’s true. You all believe me, don’t you..?! 

• Haha 7

1 hour ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Being from North Bristol I can confirm that only around 30% is odd the other 70% are city fans. Bradley Stoke is becoming a strong City area and when on tv the local pubs are rammed. Of  course they would not have you think that.

Many think Kingswood is Rovers, it certainly is not and there are more City fans than Rovers. It now gets mentioned it "maybe 50:50" but 15 years ago it was "95% Rovers" ??

8 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

They're welcome to their love in. The Mem and Sunderland in general have many similarities. 

Both desolate wastelands reminiscent of the aftermath of a nuclear holocaust peopled by mutants who have descended into cannibalism to survive now they`ve eaten all the rats?

A bit like Middlesbrough then.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Look at it like this.. They can’t compete with us on any other level... so the only thing they can do is offer reach arounds to fans from clubs that we have both faced recently in hope that they get some praise!! The fact of the matter is Sunderland fans don’t give a shit about rovers to them it was let’s just give the little club some praise because in truth they probably felt embarrassed for them 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Born and Red in 82 said:

Look at it like this.. They can’t compete with us on any other level... so the only thing they can do is offer reach arounds to fans from clubs that we have both faced recently in hope that they get some praise!! The fact of the matter is Sunderland fans don’t give a shit about rovers to them it was let’s just give the little club some praise because in truth they probably felt embarrassed for them 

This. 

3 minutes ago, Born and Red in 82 said:

And it meant they could get out of Horfield without having their tyres slashed or their womenfolk groped.

• Like 1

I’d suggest these Sags just to take a moment to take a look back at themselves and see what desperate bitter tossers they are making themselves sound, never once have I even thought of asking an opposition supporter whether they prefer us or the Sags, it’s f’ing weird, but no this is the fewers we are talking about here the strangest supporters by some distance, who seem to get hard on’s and w4nk each other off all over Asschat whenever someone from another club says they prefer them over they gert teds, when it’s more than likely another bullshit story just to make them feel better.

They can have all the love in the world from fans from every club if they want, it doesn’t stop them from being absolute shite though does it.

Edited by BCFC11
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, wood_red said:

The thing is most of the so called 30k, 40k or 50k fans that went to any Wembley match are not Rovers fans. They are people going for a day out and friends/families of the odd fan, and have no interest to go and watch them at Chernobyl - I doubt they would even go to a new stadium either. If they beat Sunderland and get to the final of the Checkatrade there will be a fair few going, but when they get back their next home match there will be about 7k if they are lucky.

Their bigger issue they have is with their so called current fanbase is it is generally terrible and get around 7-8k and dwindling - all the younger people in Bristol are going to Ashton and we are getting averages of 20k. They are screwed, and it will be interesting to see how many season tickets they sell for next season. 

In league 2!!

When they got to one Wembley final, can't remember which one. They were applying for planning permission for the new stadium. Their board of directors made a statement asking their support base to turn out in their droves, to prove they needed a new stadium as there's wasn't big enough and, it was worth inviting all their friends. From the pictures I saw, there were wives, fathers, grannies and gramphers all in attendance, along with their children. It wasn't your usual football crowd, but portrayed by them as the usual family club that they are, aided by the then Evening Post!

The family from hell football club.

55 minutes ago, wood_red said:

Many think Kingswood is Rovers, it certainly is not and there are more City fans than Rovers. It now gets mentioned it "maybe 50:50" but 15 years ago it was "95% Rovers" ??

Yeah but apparently Hartcliffe, Knowle West, Bemmy and Ashton is 50/50 now?

Edited by Kodjias Wrist
Just to clarify to sags reading that I'm being sarcastic

1 minute ago, Rich said:

When they got to one Wembley final, can't remember which one. They were applying for planning permission for the new stadium. Their board of directors made a statement asking their support base to turn out in their droves, to prove they needed a new stadium as there's wasn't big enough and, it was worth inviting all their friends. From the pictures I saw, there were wives, fathers, grannies and gramphers all in attendance, along with their children. It wasn't your usual football crowd, but portrayed by them as the usual family club that they are, aided by the then Evening Post!

The family from hell football club.

Look how that’s worked out for them ? one day the thick shits might just understand that you actually need real money to build such a thing.