IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

I smiled at the end of the Sky Sports round up today.

Geoff Stelling announced "Bristol Rovers are now in 13th position, but only two points out of the relegation places. Our producer hopes things will be this tight on the last day of the season."

Could it be written in the stars; 13th at 3.00pm, 21st at 5.00pm? :fingerscrossed:

4 minutes ago, 22A said:

I smiled at the end of the Sky Sports round up today.

Geoff Stelling announced "Bristol Rovers are now in 13th position, but only two points out of the relegation places. Our producer hopes things will be this tight on the last day of the season."

Could it be written in the stars; 13th at 3.00pm, 21st at 5.00pm? :fingerscrossed:

As if they’d get relegated if they only needed a point at home and a load of other shite teams all to win, on the last day. 

Would NEVER happen...! ?

9 hours ago, BanburyRed said:

I'm guessing a crap view back down Gloucester Road doesn't really cut it!

The same view their messiah Wael would have ‘enjoyed’ when carried down that shithole road on their grubby shoulders....just after the drunken fool became the ‘unlucky da shit’ You Tube sensation! 

As @Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said above.....this thread wouldn’t have stood the test of time unless that funny little club up the road continued to give reason after reason after reason for us to laugh at them.....and they’ve done it again! An aerial shot of our stadium illuminated at night on their website....they must be seething, whilst we are giggling....cheers saggies....thanks for the non stop conveyor belt of gifts.....keep ‘em coming!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

As if they’d get relegated if they only needed a point at home and a load of other shite teams all to win, on the last day. 

Would NEVER happen...! ?

Then Wally would announce that they never contemplated relegation as they hadn’t been in the relegation zone for aslong as the other teams, cue them looking for any reason possible to shift the blame on anyone but themselves, so start looking for any sort of irregularities they can find.

3 minutes ago, bodin said:

Only Rovers could get the only Middle Eastern owners who won't spend money. 

They're just speculators taking advantage and your lot lapped it up. They thought they could finance the stadum using UWE's money. They had no intention of spending any of their own money and now even the "asset" that is the swamp has so much debt attached to it. You are now in a worse position than ever before. 

You weren't even their first choice FFS!

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, bodin said:

Only Rovers could get the only Middle Eastern owners who won't spend money. 

They are billionaires though, or so some of your lot still tell me anyway, they just don’t want to spend it apparently ?  seem to remember seeing somewhere that the whole family’s worth was around £70m? Not including their assets I know but they’ve as much chance as I do to become a billionaire.

15 minutes ago, Swede said:

They're just speculators taking advantage and your lot lapped it up. They thought they could finance the stadum using UWE's money. They had no intention of spending any of their own money and now even the "asset" that is the swamp has so much debt attached to it. You are now in a worse position than ever before. 

You weren't even their first choice FFS!

My opinion on it was they thought they could get UWE and that Rovers would shoot up in value, and as soon as they realised they couldn't they lost interest. 

But the issue, and the reason I was never too hopeful of "evolution not revolution" is because this very rarely happens. The whole billionaire invests in a small club bucket-loads of money has sold many teams the false dream of foreign owners. Has only happened to Wolves, Chelsea and Man City in this country. And even then all 3 were miles higher on the football pyramid than Rovers. The best comparison I can think of is the takeover of fifth-tier German side SSV Markranstädt, who were refounded as Redbull Leipzig with a change in colours and club name. They shot up the football pyramid and are now 3rd in the Bundesliga. But the question begs, would you want that to happen to your club? I wouldn't want Rovers to be rebranded as "Redbull Bristol." But even with that comparison there was huge potential as there were no big clubs from Leipzig and of course Redbull is miles richer than the Al Qadis could ever be. Wael's support of Prince Ali bin Hussein for FIFA president also showed to me that he wasn't going to be this owner we could only dream of, he was going to be someone who followed the rules at all cost. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

They are billionaires though, or so some of your lot still tell me anyway, they just don’t want to spend it apparently ?  seem to remember seeing somewhere that the whole family’s worth was around £70m? Not including their assets I know but they’ve as much chance as I do to become a billionaire.

The figure that was banded around a lot during the takeover was The Arab Jordan Investment Bank, which the Al Qadi family founded had £1.7 billion in total assets.Which created a HUGE misconception. They also have liabilities of £1.5 billion. So their business has approximately £200m in net assets with £197m being attributable to the bank's shareholders. Now take into consideration that the Al Qadi family only own around a 30% share in the business. Meaning we have the Al Qadi family at around £60m net wealth. They have investments in other businesses but the bank is their main source of wealth. 

• Admin
6 hours ago, bodin said:

The figure that was banded around a lot during the takeover was The Arab Jordan Investment Bank, which the Al Qadi family founded had £1.7 billion in total assets.Which created a HUGE misconception. They also have liabilities of £1.5 billion. So their business has approximately £200m in net assets with £197m being attributable to the bank's shareholders. Now take into consideration that the Al Qadi family only own around a 30% share in the business. Meaning we have the Al Qadi family at around £60m net wealth. They have investments in other businesses but the bank is their main source of wealth. 

Stop it now, you can’t possibly be a real sag, admission that they aren’t the 6th richest owners in the league, admission that they aren’t going to finance a rocket ship speed rise above City and a coherent post.......   

7 hours ago, bodin said:

Can't be right, his watch is worth £15,000 don't you know :cool2:

9 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

Then Wally would announce that they never contemplated relegation as they hadn’t been in the relegation zone for aslong as the other teams, cue them looking for any reason possible to shift the blame on anyone but themselves, so start looking for any sort of irregularities they can find.

It would be Wycombe’s fault. 

7 hours ago, bodin said:

There was misconception. 

Look back at the posts on OTIB from around the time of the take over. 

It took about a 3 days for City fans to establish and question exactly what you’ve just put there. 

It’s typical Gas delusion and gullibility that’s taken most of you so long to realise what was easily found through a few simple google searches..! 

Just to put it into context for you (gashead’s, not so much “you” inparticular).... if the Al Qadi family invested the same in redeveloping the Mem as Lansdown spent on redeveloping Ashton Gate, they’d probably now qualify for housing benefit, due to the lack of funds they’d have remaining..! 

Edited by Bar BS3
  • Like 1