IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

16 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

What a great signing Johnson Clarke-Harris has been for them mind.

They have a pretty good record of finding goalscorers to be fair.

Some years back im sure it was Andy Rammell they signed and his goals were the difference in them staying up.

1 hour ago, 22A said:

OK, have I got this right? Twice come from behind to get away draw, but still drop down two league places?

Shame they fluked another 91st minute equaliser yet again ... but it is pretty close down at the bottom end ...

This was from before today's matches ....

_106098632_leagueonebottomhalfgfx.jpg

More than half the sides in England's third tier are still in real danger of going down with a few weeks of the season remaining (fingers crossed).

Just three points separate 12th-placed Plymouth and the club occupying the final relegation spot - Walsall.

Incredibly, any one of 12 teams could be in the relegation zone after Saturday's football is done and dusted. So how did it get to this?

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/47631739

8 minutes ago, Gazred said:

They have a pretty good record of finding goalscorers to be fair.

Some years back im sure it was Andy Rammell they signed and his goals were the difference in them staying up.

That was back in the days when they had Gary Penrice as a strikers' coach and he produced a million pound striker year in year out.

Then they sacked him to save a few quid. 

A club run by halfwits.

• Like 2

Yet another deluded fewer, started off talking normal then Sag Syndrome fully kicks in.......

The fact that they still get wound up by us is hilarious. There at a stage now, where each summer they trump 10 years of our spending with one signing. - Wound up eh? Far from it, you make yourselves look absolute ***** on a weekly basis, from your owners, all the way down to morons like you. I’d hazard a guess that the £5.5m we paid for Diedhiou isn’t too far away from what your tinpot club have forked out since the day you were formed.

Being truthful were not rivals... it would be like us ripping into mangotsfield because our stadium is better than there’s. The entity’s are football clubs- that’s pretty much where the comparison ends these days. - Agree with this mostly but we’ll always be rivals, atmosphere at AG in a Bristol Derby is something else.

They are the modern franchise. 1 part of spluttering sporting empire. 100’s of Millions invested for championship football. They go, they watch their international, and they boo. Hard to remember a better time those fans have had in my lifetime and they still boo. But when you’re chasing the Europa league in fairness the championship isn’t good enough. - Another Fewer who clearly needs educating on what a franchise actually is, Have BCFC ever upped sticks and moved from the City of Bristol? I think you’ll find we haven’t, now ask yourself the same question about poxy little outfit, you’ll find that you have pissed off somewhere else for 10years too, so that makes your lot more of a franchise than we’ll ever be, just because SL owns other sports clubs and has put them all under the same umbrella doesn’t make it a franchise either you absolute weapon.

Whereas we’ve gone for something different.

Mo Money, no problems. I’ve taken several newbies to the mem this season and they loved it. The whole identity of the club is unique. They’ve supported all sorts of teams throughout the footballing period and all agree the sense of community found at rovers isn’t replicated too much elsewhere. - Ah another who has imaginary friends, and the word they all love UNIQUE is spouted again, the only thing unique about your shower is how you continue to embarrass yourselves every single week over one thing or another.

We’re sleeping on potential, we all know it. It angers us at times. But it’s part of the fun.- Only thing your club is sleeping on mate is borrowed time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

Yet another deluded fewer, started off talking normal then Sag Syndrome fully kicks in.......

The fact that they still get wound up by us is hilarious. There at a stage now, where each summer they trump 10 years of our spending with one signing. - Wound up eh? Far from it, you make yourselves look absolute ***** on a weekly basis, from your owners, all the way down to morons like you. I’d hazard a guess that the £5.5m we paid for Diedhiou isn’t too far away from what your tinpot club have forked out since the day you were formed.

Being truthful were not rivals... it would be like us ripping into mangotsfield because our stadium is better than there’s. The entity’s are football clubs- that’s pretty much where the comparison ends these days. - Agree with this mostly but we’ll always be rivals, atmosphere at AG in a Bristol Derby is something else.

They are the modern franchise. 1 part of spluttering sporting empire. 100’s of Millions invested for championship football. They go, they watch their international, and they boo. Hard to remember a better time those fans have had in my lifetime and they still boo. But when you’re chasing the Europa league in fairness the championship isn’t good enough. - Another Fewer who clearly needs educating on what a franchise actually is, Have BCFC ever upped sticks and moved from the City of Bristol? I think you’ll find we haven’t, now ask yourself the same question about poxy little outfit, you’ll find that you have pissed off somewhere else for 10years too, so that makes your lot more of a franchise than we’ll ever be, just because SL owns other sports clubs and has put them all under the same umbrella doesn’t make it a franchise either you absolute weapon.

Whereas we’ve gone for something different.

Mo Money, no problems. I’ve taken several newbies to the mem this season and they loved it. The whole identity of the club is unique. They’ve supported all sorts of teams throughout the footballing period and all agree the sense of community found at rovers isn’t replicated too much elsewhere. - Ah another who has imaginary friends, and the word they all love UNIQUE is spouted again, the only thing unique about your shower is how you continue to embarrass yourselves every single week over one thing or another.

We’re sleeping on potential, we all know it. It angers us at times. But it’s part of the fun.- Only thing your club is sleeping on mate is borrowed time.

It truly is terrifying to think that they genuinely do believe this load of old guff.

1 hour ago, Red Right Hand said:

Sky did say in one of their reports that things had got interesting `on and off the pitch`. I think it was after Argyle went 2-1 up. I presume social media will advise us what happened in the fullness of time. 

Near FT some Plymouth fans refused to give the ball back to Rovers player James Clarke. After Rovers' equalised, at FT, he went over and cupped his ears with his hands to the supporters. Derek Adams went mental at him and was trying to get the ref to take action, Coughlan got involved and the argument continued down the tunnel. 

What's rather interesting is despite Plymouth's second-half of the season resurgence, Adams is hated by a lot of Plymouth fans, the majority of which (as seen on their forum), believed that Clarke and Coughlan were in the right. Coughlan is regarded as one of their best ever players though, so it's hard to tell whether it was just because they were against Coughlan. 

I just think the situation was hypocritical, Adams did the exact same thing when Plymouth beat Rovers last season. He went 6 at the back and threw his toys out of the pram when the manager who changed things up to get a point got it.

9 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

All these neutrals who get taken to the Mem and fall in love with ‘da gas’.

They obviously don’t enjoy it that much otherwise they’d go back and their crowds wouldn’t be decreasing like they have been.

Even their imaginary friends are lying to them out of pity.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

All these neutrals who get taken to the Mem and fall in love with ‘da gas’.

They obviously don’t enjoy it that much otherwise they’d go back and their crowds wouldn’t be decreasing like they have been.

Even their imaginary friends are lying to them out of pity.

it`s known as Sunderland Syndrome. 

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, JBFC II said:

Yeh but we weren’t made in 1897, we were formed in 1982....

And Rovers were known as Non-League Bristol Rovers in 2014 and are now officially known as Tinpot Bristol Rovers with the nickname “15ers”. That should just about tie it all up. 

25 minutes ago, bodin said:

Near FT some Plymouth fans refused to give the ball back to Rovers player James Clarke. After Rovers' equalised, at FT, he went over and cupped his ears with his hands to the supporters. Derek Adams went mental at him and was trying to get the ref to take action, Coughlan got involved and the argument continued down the tunnel. 

What's rather interesting is despite Plymouth's second-half of the season resurgence, Adams is hated by a lot of Plymouth fans, the majority of which (as seen on their forum), believed that Clarke and Coughlan were in the right. Coughlan is regarded as one of their best ever players though, so it's hard to tell whether it was just because they were against Coughlan. 

I just think the situation was hypocritical, Adams did the exact same thing when Plymouth beat Rovers last season. He went 6 at the back and threw his toys out of the pram when the manager who changed things up to get a point got it.

Cool story bro, but I for one personally couldn’t care less why a Rovers player cupped his hands to his ears because some meanie from Plymouth wouldn’t give him his ball back, still makes a change as it’s usually that tramp of yours below who’s cupping his hands but begging for change outside Debenhams in Broadmead.

76ADDB12-5207-4E08-9D52-971F376048C1.thumb.png.6c0e6edd53410895ef86a9644d9ecc49.png

5 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

Cool story bro, but I for one personally couldn’t care less why a Rovers player cupped his hands to his ears because some meanie from Plymouth wouldn’t give him his ball back, still makes a change as it’s usually that tramp of yours below who’s cupping his hands but begging for change outside Debenhams in Broadmead.

76ADDB12-5207-4E08-9D52-971F376048C1.thumb.png.6c0e6edd53410895ef86a9644d9ecc49.png

Stuart Sinclair is everything I love about football to be honest. Didn't even play in the Conference until he was 26 and now he's a regular at a top club (might be misunderstood, as in he's come a long way. Now a full-time footballer). Great mentality, absolute workhorse, gives his all every game. He's fulfilled his dream.

That being said wouldn't be too shocked if I saw a Stuart Sinclair doppelganger near Anchor Road. 

2 minutes ago, bodin said:

Stuart Sinclair is everything I love about football to be honest. Didn't even play in the Conference until he was 26 and now he's a regular at a top club (might be misunderstood, as in he's come a long way. Now a full-time footballer). Great mentality, absolute workhorse, gives his all every game. He's fulfilled his dream.

That being said wouldn't be too shocked if I saw a Stuart Sinclair doppelganger near Anchor Road. 

Fair play to Rovers on giving the homeless an opportunity though. I’m sorry but struggling to see how he’s ‘fulfilled his dream’ though, no one ever makes playing for you lot their life long ambition.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, bodin said:

A regular “at a top club” !!

Priceless :laughcont:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

21 minutes ago, bodin said:

A regular at a top club? Jeez. Just **** off you deluded fraud. And you weren't at Home Park either.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, The Gasbuster said:

A regular “at a top club” !!

Priceless :laughcont:

16 minutes ago, BanburyRed said:

A regular at a top club? Jeez. Just **** off you deluded fraud. And you weren't at Home Park either.

Knew this was going to be misunderstood.

In the English football league system, from my counting. There are 1736 clubs (Had to use a calculator) (there's potentially hundreds more as the football league system is only defined to the 11th level of the pyramid).

Therefore, I would deem the top 92 of those clubs as "top clubs." Clubs that are able to provide full-time careers for players.

Maybe you thought I was calling Rovers a big club? They're not. I would also call the likes of Yeovil, Plymouth, Macclesfield, Lincoln, Morecambe etc. "top clubs." 

And no I didn't go to Home Park today. 

Edited by bodin

16 minutes ago, BanburyRed said:

33 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

Fair play to Rovers on giving the homeless an opportunity though. I’m sorry but struggling to see how he’s ‘fulfilled his dream’ though, no one ever makes playing for you lot their life long ambition.

I meant the dream of being a professional footballer. Anyone but Rovers fans would never dream of playing for Rovers obviously. 

3 minutes ago, bodin said:

Knew this was going to be misunderstood.

In the English football league system, from my counting. There are 1736 clubs (Had to use a calculator) (there's potentially hundreds more as the football league system is only defined to the 11th level of the pyramid).

Therefore, I would deem the top 92 of those clubs as "top clubs." Clubs that are able to provide full-time careers for players.

Maybe you thought I was calling Rovers a big club? They're not. I would also call the likes of Yeovil, Plymouth, Macclesfield, Lincoln, Morecambe etc. "top clubs." 

And no I didn't go to Home Park today. 

I think the description you were looking for was “club”

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I think the description you were looking for was “club”

There's 1736 in the English football system from the Premier League to level 11. I meant top club. No matter if you're Manchester United in the Premier League, or James King Blisworth in the Northamptonshire Combination Football League. You're all technically clubs. Although the difference in infrastructure, fanbase and every aspect of the club is about the same as me with a pair of boxing gloves and Muhammad Ali

21 minutes ago, bodin said:

There's 1736 in the English football system from the Premier League to level 11. I meant top club. No matter if you're Manchester United in the Premier League, or James King Blisworth in the Northamptonshire Combination Football League. You're all technically clubs. Although the difference in infrastructure, fanbase and every aspect of the club is about the same as me with a pair of boxing gloves and Muhammad Ali

I know, but maybe one day Rovers will grow to match the likes of James King Blisworth for infrastructure and all other elements of their club. 

• Like 2

On 11/03/2019 at 15:21, Gert Mare said:

Is that the atmosphere where you sing songs continuously about Sheed’eads? Pleased that we give you something to sing about because win or lose the quality of football that you lot pay to watch is truly woeful. I don’t envy you in the slightest.

On 11/03/2019 at 17:21, bodin said:

I've only ever heard two songs about Bristol City at the Mem, "if you all hate Bristol City clap your hands." And "we're coming for you." Which I heard once when we went up. There's plenty of songs, but even if there weren't how would you know? Or do you visit the Mem frequently?

@bodin See below and my previous comments. I only speak the truth when it comes to your club. We don’t make shit up and then believe it. Seeing as you’re not coming for us anytime soon it looks like you lot are singing the other song constantly for 90 minutes! Deluded and obsessed Gasheads. ? ?                         ??

5 hours ago, Unan said:

Edited by Gert Mare
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

In my time they have moved and played at , at least 4 grounds, 1 they sold, 1 they "stole" and 2 they squatted in.:cool2:

In your time they’ve played at “at least 4 grounds” - so, 4 or more? I can remember Eastville, Twerton Park and the Memorial Ground....which was the fourth?! Are you counting Ashton Gate for the few games they played at our home after the Eastville fire? I wouldn’t really count that as ‘squatted in’ to be fair, they soon went back to Eastville after 4 or 5 games? - and is there a fifth as you said ‘at least 4’ ?!

Edited by BS4 on Tour...

19 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

In your time they’ve played at “at least 4 grounds” - so, 4 or more? I can remember Eastville, Twerton Park and the Memorial Ground....which was the fourth?! Are you counting Ashton Gate for the few games they played at our home after the Eastville fire? I wouldn’t really count that as ‘squatted in’ to be fair, they soon went back to Eastville after 4 or 5 games? - and is there a fifth as you said ‘at least 4’ ?!

I would class Ashton Gate as one of the grounds they’ve previously played “home” games at, because,  they played “home” games there. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

The whole identity of the club is unique. They’ve supported all sorts of teams throughout the footballing period and all agree the sense of community found at rovers isn’t replicated too much elsewhere. -

Their sense of self worth and overinflated opinion of themselves never ceases to amaze me. No, you thick as **** saggie the same sense of community is found at every other football club in the country.

YOU
ARE
NOTHING
SPECIAL

Get over it.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Yes, I did count Ashton Gate. 5 games , so would have been over a month or two , definitely qualifies. I put at least as I couldn't remember if they sneaked into another on, I know there was talk of a few over the years. 

• Like 1