IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

2 hours ago, BS3City said:

Thinking about it the benefits of NOT buying a Sag season ticket far outweigh the benefits of buying one!

Who could resist the chance of a Sag season ticket with all this to look forward to?

"It has been a bit of a chore this season and I've had my doubts about getting a ST next year.

You are right, it's not really even about the football. It's about the match day experience.

As I walk in the Mem gates I see 2 poor ladies stood wet and freezing selling programmes in all weather.

I make my way towards the Clubhouse bar where if I'm lucky I can fight my way past 100 smokers to squeeze into a tiny toilet for a quick wazz.

I take a look at the queue for the bar which stretches back to the door and don't even bother. Maybe I could stand outside in the wind and rain and buy one from the back of a horse box? On second thoughts....

I then think about having a browse in the club shop before I realize that it's inside a part of the ground I can't access after 2pm. And even when I'm early its tiny entrance allows for one person in or out at at a time. Then there is no where to try anything on. Not that they have any stock of anything you'd want. Especially just before Xmas.

So I make my way over to the Young Pirates cabin. Occasionally I will buy some sweets for HTY, but normally I just put his name in the draw ticket box in the hope he wins the chance to be the mascot. To be honest I try not to spend too long in the YP cabin, it really smells bad.

Once I've done that I make my way down through the turnstile that is so small I have to lift my rucksack over my head to get through and make my way down to the tent end.

Oh, what's that? It's another trailer outside in the rain where I can buy a beer.....nah, you're alright.

Next stop, the pasty hut. During my 20 minute wait behind 10 people I look at the posters on the doors. Ooh look. Pie of the day is Turkey and Cranberry. That sounds nice.

When I eventually get to the front of the queue I am greeted by a young person who is on their first day. (No joke, we have had a new staff member in the SS pasty hut nearly every single week). They inform me that they do not actually have any of the pies advertised and they proceed to list all the food they have this week. Just like the vendor, it seems we have to have new pies every week at the pasty hut too. God only knows why we can't just make a decision on what food to sell.

So, I order my pie and more in hope than anything else I ask what the Meal Deal options are. We all know it's out of date cheese and onion crisps and a twix. They never have anything else anymore. I politely decline and then help the server add up the cost of 2 pies and a tea before then helping them work out the change from a tenner.

I then make my way to sit in a lovely prefab tent, that's windy and freezing bloody cold all year round.

Now I come to think about it, what's not to like? When can I renew my Season Ticket again?

FTG"

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

29 minutes ago, TinMan's left peg said:

From a link on another thread. I thought this lays it all out nicely.

57A6E469-4B94-470B-BC8C-739D89617479.jpeg

That says it all.  Just the thing to wave in front of any sag who says that there hasn't been much to choose between the clubs until recently. The 59 v 19 statistic of seasons spent in the top two divisions nails all arguments!

28 minutes ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

Who could resist the chance of a Sag season ticket with all this to look forward to?

"It has been a bit of a chore this season and I've had my doubts about getting a ST next year.

You are right, it's not really even about the football. It's about the match day experience.

As I walk in the Mem gates I see 2 poor ladies stood wet and freezing selling programmes in all weather.

I make my way towards the Clubhouse bar where if I'm lucky I can fight my way past 100 smokers to squeeze into a tiny toilet for a quick wazz.

I take a look at the queue for the bar which stretches back to the door and don't even bother. Maybe I could stand outside in the wind and rain and buy one from the back of a horse box? On second thoughts....

I then think about having a browse in the club shop before I realize that it's inside a part of the ground I can't access after 2pm. And even when I'm early its tiny entrance allows for one person in or out at at a time. Then there is no where to try anything on. Not that they have any stock of anything you'd want. Especially just before Xmas.

So I make my way over to the Young Pirates cabin. Occasionally I will buy some sweets for HTY, but normally I just put his name in the draw ticket box in the hope he wins the chance to be the mascot. To be honest I try not to spend too long in the YP cabin, it really smells bad.

Once I've done that I make my way down through the turnstile that is so small I have to lift my rucksack over my head to get through and make my way down to the tent end.

Oh, what's that? It's another trailer outside in the rain where I can buy a beer.....nah, you're alright.

Next stop, the pasty hut. During my 20 minute wait behind 10 people I look at the posters on the doors. Ooh look. Pie of the day is Turkey and Cranberry. That sounds nice.

When I eventually get to the front of the queue I am greeted by a young person who is on their first day. (No joke, we have had a new staff member in the SS pasty hut nearly every single week). They inform me that they do not actually have any of the pies advertised and they proceed to list all the food they have this week. Just like the vendor, it seems we have to have new pies every week at the pasty hut too. God only knows why we can't just make a decision on what food to sell.

So, I order my pie and more in hope than anything else I ask what the Meal Deal options are. We all know it's out of date cheese and onion crisps and a twix. They never have anything else anymore. I politely decline and then help the server add up the cost of 2 pies and a tea before then helping them work out the change from a tenner.

I then make my way to sit in a lovely prefab tent, that's windy and freezing bloody cold all year round.

Now I come to think about it, what's not to like? When can I renew my Season Ticket again?

FTG"

Coming for us mind

Bolders
First Team

Bolders Avatar

Posting Level

Next Level in 420 posts
14 hours ago okebournegas and sageonion like this
Post Options

Post by Bolders on 14 hours ago

okebournegas Avatar
Henbury Gas Avatar
So why do you read it then, Just askin'

Diddnt think it would be too long until you piped up Henbury

He knows someone who comes in his shop and spouts bollox. That's his source.

Poor old Henbury liar, being found out by the fewers at last.

• Like 1

They all know he spouts utter bull on there, but they seem to only be allowed to have a pop at us for some brownie points. It is a very sad place and just one dimensional of "we are great, unique and loved by all" and "it's not our fault".

5 hours ago, TinMan's left peg said:

From a link on another thread. I thought this lays it all out nicely.

57A6E469-4B94-470B-BC8C-739D89617479.jpeg

Oh dear! Those stats can’t be right. 

Look at the “oldest, Richest, biggest” club in Bristol compared to us..? 

Total seasons = ?? 

WAQ V SL = ??

Attendances = ??

League standings = ??

Honours list = ??

12 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Total seasons = ?? 

WAQ V SL = ??

Attendances = ??

League standings = ??

Honours list = ??

So that’s a thumbs down for you  then Bar BS3

9 hours ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

Look at all the benefits that your prize brings you .... including unlimited bets with shirt sponsor MintBet (just a shame they went out of business after getting involved with the Sags)

52449793fd1eeb8da1134b4154bcb22f.jpg

'Exclusive offers in our megastore'..? Has anyone seen it??

1 hour ago, Bar BS3 said:

Total seasons = ?? 

WAQ V SL = ??

Attendances = ??

League standings = ??

Honours list = ??

They aren't the oldest football team in Bristol anyway.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_Glass_St_George_F.C.

Roman Glass St George might not have achieved much, but they are 11 years older than Rovers.

In their best ever season (way back in 1898-99) they came second in a division won by Swindon, ahead of Southampton, Bristol Eastville Rovers (later the methane snorters) and Bedminster, who played at Ashton Gate and merged into our fine club.

Edited by JamesBCFC
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, NOTBLUE said:

So that’s a thumbs down for you  then Bar BS3

I prefer to show them this one instead ?? 

3 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

7 days the accounts still not appeared, though not classed as overdue yet

No their fault though, it’s the accountants apparently.

“The family club”... if you’re a family full of homophobes 

£350k, our main striker, Lee Johnson... I don't like how all of this adds up, feels way too familiar! 

That mother fuucking midget queer..
Edited by Unan

2 hours ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

Such amazing exclusive offers .... in such a "unique" megastore ...

11604483114_047aece450_b.jpg

I remember being at school and having to take a letter home to get permission to watch 'Threads' (A docudrama about nuclear war in the UK that was made and shown by the BBC).

But nothing can prepare you for this.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

Such amazing exclusive offers .... in such a "unique" megastore ...

11604483114_047aece450_b.jpg

They wouldn’t want that any other way though apparently as they don’t want to be like them Ted’s splashing the cash. Yet boasted about how rich they were when Wally came in and how a new stadium was on its way and all these top signings where coming in etc etc now most of them have realised that Wally actually doesn’t have a pot to piss in, they all revert back to how happy they are because for whatever reason they think they are unique, and they like being RagAss Rovers. Now think what you want Saggies but it shows what a shite tinpot little club you are when you haven’t broken your transfer record (an eye watering £375k!!!) for 27 years, you ain’t going anywhere anytime soon, for aslong as I’ve known whoever your owners have been they’ve had no ambition whatsoever, and the only ambition you morons have ever had is to be above City. Everything about your shambles is still in the 70’s, stay there.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

They wouldn’t want that any other way though apparently as they don’t want to be like them Ted’s splashing the cash. Yet boasted about how rich they were when Wally came in and how a new stadium was on its way and all these top signings where coming in etc etc now most of them have realised that Wally actually doesn’t have a pot to piss in, they all revert back to how happy they are because for whatever reason they think they are unique, and they like being RagAss Rovers. Now think what you want Saggies but it shows what a shite tinpot little club you are when you haven’t broken your transfer record (an eye watering £375k!!!) for 27 years, you ain’t going anywhere anytime soon, for aslong as I’ve known whoever your owners have been they’ve had no ambition whatsoever, and the only ambition you morons have ever had is to be above City. Everything about your shambles is still in the 70’s, stay there.

I showed their advert and 'megastore' to a Bath fan tonight who openly admits their shop is a crap lorry and he couldn't stop laughing. Then I showed him Santa's grotto and he was apoplectic!

7 minutes ago, myol'man said:

Wow!

Taking 2,000 to thier big day out at the Ricoh.

That's very good for a team with such a poor home attendance.

Well done. Pat on the back to all concerned.

It'll be all over the local media on Monday

What did we take last time, 4000 wasn't it?

OTIB #SMUG

• Like 1