IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

8 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Oh no, @steviestevieneville - what have you done?! I was roundly chastised on this thread by @29AR for being ‘rude’ to our gas visitor - and posters such as @JBFC II gleefully leapt in to ‘like’ the chastising post - whilst ignoring their own less than polite messages to our dear sag visitors, and those of others ..... I hope you haven’t riled the members of the ‘don’t upset the gas’ cosy club on here at this late hour ..... I mean, anyone would think rivalry isn’t important when reading some self-righteous posts on this thread....good on you, by the way, for your message above....

I see I've been mentioned. 

Good morning to you too @BS4 on Tour...

Maybe you could start up the 'don't upset the gas cosy club', good luck finding members though... 

Got to be honest, you're as boring as our rovers visitor sometimes. You need to let things go, life's too short to continuously bring the same things up from weeks back... 

Edited by JBFC II
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, Boring Sag said:

"Isn't he the one everybody on here wanted us to sign a year or 2 ago..?" - Bar BS3. It was 2 years ago because that was when Nichols signed for us which is the whole point. City fans can't go "Clarke was a bad judge of character with Nichols." If everybody on here (not my words remember) wanted him and were acting like he was too good for Rovers. 

You really are a sad *** to come on here arguing the toss, and trying to get reactions.

Get out more or at least stay off your computer, but either way get the **** off this forum you gas bellend.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Boring Sag said:

The handful of posts tell us more than a handful of opinions. As the man said himself "everybody on here" wanted to sign Nichols. Even if that wasn't true in regards to every single member of this forum, enough people were going on about City potentially signing Nichols that he generalised and said everybody. 

Use your research tool to find and name every one who said that and provide a statistic to illustrate the percentage of just this forum who supported that view.

Alternatively **** off.

I don’t get the problem with bodin coming on this thread & trying to defend his club. If you don’t want to read it then fine, don’t. What’s the harm in him posting? It doesn’t limit what we can post & sometimes he has some fair points. Even if he doesn’t, it’s a few words on a thread, nobody has to get all up in arms about it. Want to be nice to him? Okay. Want to send him abuse? Sure. Either way I don’t know how anyone is squabbling about someone posting on a thread. ?‍♂️

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Unan said:

I don’t get the problem with bodin coming on this thread & trying to defend his club. If you don’t want to read it then fine, don’t. What’s the harm in him posting? It doesn’t limit what we can post & sometimes he has some fair points. Even if he doesn’t, it’s a few words on a thread, nobody has to get all up in arms about it. Want to be nice to him? Okay. Want to send him abuse? Sure. Either way I don’t know how anyone is squabbling about someone posting on a thread. ?‍♂️

This thread is a p1sstake about the Sags. It isn't so Sags can sign up on here just to come on and "defend" their club - sometimes I wish we had the same rules as slagchat but that would be unfair on any decent fans. 

He can go and defend his mob and chat about them until his heart is content - on THEIR forum(s) with his fellow Sags. He is non stop quoting and multi-quoting post after post and imo ruining this thread on purpose. Let him start his own thread so if people want to read his stuff and converse with him they can, I don't see why he should be non stop peeing off many of our own fans on here and ruining this one (on purpose).

20 minutes ago, wood_red said:

This thread is a p1sstake about the Sags. It isn't so Sags can sign up on here just to come on and "defend" their club - sometimes I wish we had the same rules as slagchat but that would be unfair on any decent fans. 

He can go and defend his mob and chat about them until his heart is content - on THEIR forum(s) with his fellow Sags. He is non stop quoting and multi-quoting post after post and imo ruining this thread on purpose. Let him start his own thread so if people want to read his stuff and converse with him they can, I don't see why he should be non stop peeing off many of our own fans on here and ruining this one (on purpose).

You defeat your enemy when you don’t see him, Grasshopper (a vague reference to an 80’s TV programme “The Water Margin”!)

By showing anger towards our guest, you let him win; by responding individually to the plethora of points he raises, you let him win. By responding to him, you give him oxygen; ignore his input and he dies. Eventually. I know this now. Be patient!

I have ignored the advice of our very own resident sage; I have never found the need to put any forum member “on ignore” and I’m not going to start now however, I am going to take my own advice and from now on, ignore his input, not rise to his bait (however juicy and tempting that may be) and give him no enjoyment from posting on here - an activity he prefers even whilst “watching an away match in which his team is playing”; sorry, for one moment my tongue seemed to get stuck in my cheek. 

He’s heard the last from me. I suggest you all do the same and I commend this motion to the House  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Boring Sag said:

Quick question. Why is Taylor regarded as a legend for joining City from Rovers, but your fans all hate the idea of Clarke joining City? Because he was sacked and the easy comeback is we didn't want him anymore? Genuine question. 

Because you rated him at £10M and we got him for £300K. Surely you can see the piss taking potential in that? It was and still is hilarious. The fact your mob are still pissed about it makes it even funnier.

Edited by Ska Junkie
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

You defeat your enemy when you don’t see him, Grasshopper (a vague reference to an 80’s TV programme “The Water Margin”!)

By showing anger towards our guest, you let him win; by responding individually to the plethora of points he raises, you let him win. By responding to him, you give him oxygen; ignore his input and he dies. Eventually. I know this now. Be patient!

I have ignored the advice of our very own resident sage; I have never found the need to put any forum member “on ignore” and I’m not going to start now however, I am going to take my own advice and from now on, ignore his input, not rise to his bait (however juicy and tempting that may be) and give him no enjoyment from posting on here - an activity he prefers even whilst “watching an away match in which his team is playing”; sorry, for one moment my tongue seemed to get stuck in my cheek. 

He’s heard the last from me. I suggest you all do the same and I commend this motion to the House  

Seems like a good idea Rudi, I'm in.

• Like 3

I would be fascinated to know where the Bristol Post do their research. Today’s story list SL as the EFL’s 5th richest owner and the Rovers owners are in 15th. They seem to now accept that Wael is not a Billionaire (despite his watch and the massive outlay on improvements at the Mem) but still list them as £400m surprisingly above the QPR Owner who a quick google search reveals is worth nearly £14 Billion. Good old Bristol Post never let facts get in the way of a good story.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Boring Sag said:

I'm not advocating Darrell to be your manager, I'm saying he could be assistant manager to Johnson. 

clarke isn't fit enough to be assistant to our under 7's squad, we don't want him anywhere near the club, holden is 100 times the coach clatke is, the improvement of our players and defense is proof of that, clarke is conference at best

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ska Junkie said:

Because you rated him at £10M and we got him for £300K. Surely you can see the piss taking potential in that? It was and still is hilarious. The fact your mob are still pissed about it makes it even funnier.

I hope they showed him "bonding" with the crowd on Tuesday on Sky when he won the throw in near the end. They would have loved that bit, nearly as much as his chip to Korey in some rubbish win in a cup competition against some mob called Manchester United....

300k mind - what a deal, what a steal, it was the sale of the effing Century

14 hours ago, Boring Sag said:

That City fans were advocating him to sign for you. Which is what I said. 

EDIT: Actually, it's not what I said, it's what your fans said. 

no we weren't you numpty

non of us wanted him, infact the only player of yours we'd sign is the harris-clark lad just to see the melt down and death threats that follows

Edited by Monkeh
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Point of order sir...... Did you mean "70's Kung Fu" series written for Bruce Lee and based on his idea, but actually starring the distinctly less Asian (and therefore more palatable to Americans, David Carradine)?

2 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Point of order sir...... Did you mean "70's Kung Fu" series written for Bruce Lee and based on his idea, but actually starring the distinctly less Asian (and therefore more palatable to Americans, David Carradine)?

Hmmm. I think that you are right and I am (gasp) mistaken. I hope nobody trawls through otib history to find other mistakes I’ve made! 

Enjoy your day PSR. I’m off to stand in the corner and think about what I’ve done. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, wood_red said:

I hope they showed him "bonding" with the crowd on Tuesday on Sky when he won the throw in near the end. They would have loved that bit, nearly as much as his chip to Korey in some rubbish win in a cup competition against some mob called Manchester United....

300k mind - what a deal, what a steal, it was the sale of the effing Century

I have a dream that Matty Taylor will score the winner in the £180 million play off final.  That really would rub their noses in it.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Hmmm. I think that you are right and I am (gasp) mistaken. I hope nobody trawls through otib history to find other mistakes I’ve made! 

Enjoy your day PSR. I’m off to stand in the corner and think about what I’ve done. 

Sorry sir, I just remember stuff like this "Grasshopper" = Kung Fu an American production - The Water Margin / Monkey was a Japanese production I think (maybe Hong Kong) and the most memorable phrase was "The nature of Monkey is irresistible", dubbed into English spoken with a fake Chinese accent that would probably be considered racist nowadays. :) 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

? I’m sure they were. Looking at the dog botherers record when Wally actually got his wallet out (when a blue moon appeared) his signings have been absolute shite. So in your opinion because a handful of City fans said he was half decent that means Clarke’s judgement is fine? If his judgement was even the slightest bit any good then surely you wouldn’t be struggling at the bottom of a piss poor L1?

DC imo is massively overrated, ‘but he got 2 promotions blah blah blah’ yes from NON LEAGUE and L2 :facepalm: all I hear from your lot is how big a club and how great you are etc so surely it was the least you lot should of been expecting? The only reason you lot think is the messiah is because of his off the field antics, that embarrassing video of him down the pub slating Grimsby, and then ‘how did them lot get on down the road’

Blokes a complete fvcking tool mate

perfectly put .

12 minutes ago, Malago said:

I have a dream that Matty Taylor will score the winner in the £180 million play off final.  That really would rub their noses in it.

"You sheeds deserve him. £180m for a franchise. Doesn't bother us. We're the oldest club in Bristol". 

15 minutes ago, Malago said:

They are already preparing the banners for when Hull beat in final match to pip us for 6th place, whilst "Gas Legend" fatboy Windass parades around the pitch dressed in a tiger costume   :gasmask:   ?

2 minutes ago, myol'man said:

They are already preparing the banners for when Hull beat in final match to pip us for 6th place, whilst "Gas Legend" fatboy Windass parades around the pitch dressed in a tiger costume   :gasmask:   ?

At least Windass wasn't wearing our kit when he scored at Wembley. We'll always have that to trump them. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

14 hours ago, Boring Sag said:

The majority of the "loyal and true" think he's a good manager who was screwed by WAQ by selling all his best players and if he got a job where he was well backed he'd succeed. 

You think he's a thick and a bellend because he was the Rovers manager, but he's not. Same as I think LJ is a scrawny little rat because he's City manager. 

City fans think Clarke is thick and a bellend because of the way he has portrayed himself being the way a thick bellend would.

"Print that bastard" etc.

• Thanks 1

I give in with them sometimes. 

If you didn't give us gold like this, on a daily basis, there wouldn't be a 1009 page thread on you... 

Claim that we're obsessed but have a 1009 page forum on the past 4 years about Rovers, we don't have that for them or a lower-placed rival e.g. Swindon.
Claim that us liking Windass is embarrassing, but them liking Daniel is perfectly fine.
Were apparently raving for them to sign Nichols a couple seasons before we signed him, now that he's sh** they never wanted him.
Want one of our worst goalkeepers ever, if it was the other way around it'd be all over their forum.
Think DC isn't good enough to be an assistant manager at a Championship club, despite the fact he was offered the managerial roles at several Championship clubs when he was apparently "failing" in League 1.

10 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

I give in with them sometimes. 

If you didn't give us gold like this, on a daily basis, there wouldn't be a 1009 page thread on you... 

Claim that we're obsessed but have a 1009 page forum on the past 4 years about Rovers, we don't have that for them or a lower-placed rival e.g. Swindon.
Claim that us liking Windass is embarrassing, but them liking Daniel is perfectly fine.
Were apparently raving for them to sign Nichols a couple seasons before we signed him, now that he's sh** they never wanted him.
Want one of our worst goalkeepers ever, if it was the other way around it'd be all over their forum.
Think DC isn't good enough to be an assistant manager at a Championship club, despite the fact he was offered the managerial roles at several Championship clubs when he was apparently "failing" in League 1.

Who is that then?

Didn't they also sign Kelle Roos who was rejected after a trial with us, yet barely any mockery happened?

Edit- Roos was on loan there.

Edited by JamesBCFC

2 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Who is that then?

Didn't they also sign Kelle Roos who was rejected after a trial with us, yet barely any mockery happened?

Edit- Roos was on loan there.

It is Kelle Roos apparently. 

Honestly didn't know we were after him, remember the trial though. 

No idea why we'd sign him as a fourth choice keeper though...

2 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

It is Kelle Roos apparently. 

Honestly didn't know we were after him, remember the trial though. 

No idea why we'd sign him as a fourth choice keeper though...

There's a thread on the transfer forum with about 5 posts, and no one really saying it would be a great signing, just that its unsurprising that we're monitoring him.

Not like a Gashead to exaggerate things though!

16 hours ago, Boring Sag said:

I don't come on here like "alrite imma go on otib and talks aboot how greet the gazheds r nd r cloob is so masif." I talked about the possibility that he would be there for that reason. A city fan switched it onto the topic of Darrell's tenure at Rovers. So essentially even if someone tries to talk rationally about Rovers to me, I'm not allowed to say anything, because it's a "piss take thread?" 

You carry on son , OTIB is an open forum and you are , at any given moment,  going to write something hilarious, probably unwittingly. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

Bruce Lee , being dead , kind of made it difficult for him to star in the series .

• Haha 2