IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

9 minutes ago, AshtonPark said:

If anyone wants a laugh at that gas girls video, i asked why they used Ashton Gate. Its our fault, we stole the womens team.... Even on the links he provided it says rovers walked away. Bless

“Basically in 2005, we were Bristol Rovers Women’s FC but Rovers walked away and what followed was the takeover of the club by South Gloucestershire and Stroud College and with it becoming Bristol Academy WFC,” said Williams, who is also the club’s marketing officer.

My name is Matthew Davies and I'm the Media Manager for Bristol Rovers Community Trust, and I'm also the Secretary for relaunched Bristol Rovers Women's Team.

Thank you so much for your kind words relating to the launch of the Women's Team. Women's football is a huge passion of mine and I'm absolutely delighted to get this squad up an running under the name of Bristol Rovers. The response from the supporters has been incredible and we can't wait to get the ball rolling throughout the summer.

In regards to your query about the content of the launch video, the narrative behind it does originate from the history of the former Bristol Rovers Ladies Team. Before 2005, Rovers Ladies were one of the very few women's teams playing in Bristol. The Gas Girls were initially formed in 1998, starting out in the South West League and in 2005, Bristol Rovers Ladies FC became known as Bristol Academy WFC under a new partnership agreement with South Gloucestershire and Stroud College. In 2011 the club changed its name to Bristol Academy WFC in 2011 and finally became Bristol City Women’s Football Club in 2015.

In essence, our former Ladies team was stolen by Bristol City, so we decided to manufacture a tongue in cheek dig by taking a football on a journey from Ashton Gate, through Bristol to finally end at The Memorial Stadium. Therefore emphasising that our Bristol Rovers Women's team are making a return to the women's game. The Ashton Gate reference is merely a subtle, cheeky joke to reference the origin of the journey. 

I hope this has given you an insight into relation between the two clubs regarding the history of the women's teams. Feel free to read the articles below which details our history a little bit more.

Thank you once again for getting in touch and your support for the women's team is invaluable as we look to build and grow the programme as much as we possibly can.

Kind regards

Hahahahaha so tin pot, so bitter.

11 minutes ago, AshtonPark said:

My name is Matthew Davies and I'm the Media Manager for Bristol Rovers Community Trust, and I'm also the Secretary for relaunched Bristol Rovers Women's Team.

Thank you so much for your kind words relating to the launch of the Women's Team. Women's football is a huge passion of mine and I'm absolutely delighted to get this squad up an running under the name of Bristol Rovers. The response from the supporters has been incredible and we can't wait to get the ball rolling throughout the summer.

In regards to your query about the content of the launch video, the narrative behind it does originate from the history of the former Bristol Rovers Ladies Team. Before 2005, Rovers Ladies were one of the very few women's teams playing in Bristol. The Gas Girls were initially formed in 1998, starting out in the South West League and in 2005, Bristol Rovers Ladies FC became known as Bristol Academy WFC under a new partnership agreement with South Gloucestershire and Stroud College. In 2011 the club changed its name to Bristol Academy WFC in 2011 and finally became Bristol City Women’s Football Club in 2015.

In essence, our former Ladies team was stolen by Bristol City, so we decided to manufacture a tongue in cheek dig by taking a football on a journey from Ashton Gate, through Bristol to finally end at The Memorial Stadium. Therefore emphasising that our Bristol Rovers Women's team are making a return to the women's game. The Ashton Gate reference is merely a subtle, cheeky joke to reference the origin of the journey. 

I hope this has given you an insight into relation between the two clubs regarding the history of the women's teams. Feel free to read the articles below which details our history a little bit more.

Thank you once again for getting in touch and your support for the women's team is invaluable as we look to build and grow the programme as much as we possibly can.

Kind regards

Sad bitter ******* bellend.

Even their pet newspaper the Post had this to say about them - in essence not stolen by City as not yours to steal you cheap *****.

"The history of the club is interesting - formed in 1998 as Bristol Rovers Women's Football Club, they were renamed as Bristol Academy W.F.C after increased involvement with the Bristol Academy of Sport, which is now the South Gloucestershire and Stroud College.

In 2006, Rovers withdrew funding from the club and Bristol Academy bankrolled the team.

This would see a period of unprecedented success, the most successful season in 2013, finishing runners up in the Women’s Super League, and the FA Cup.

In 2014 the club also reached the quarter final of the Champions League.

In 2013, the club signed a sponsorship agreement with Bristol City FC, changed their name and home kit from blue to red, and three years later in 2016 were renamed Bristol City Women’s Football Club."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Some gasheads were talking by the bar when I was working yesterday and they were adamant that "played in the right position Nicholas would score for fun"

That’s nearly true. If he played as a centre forward in division 4 of the Downs League he might get four or 5 per season 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

Even their pet newspaper the Post had this to say about them - in essence not stolen by City as not yours to steal you cheap *****.

"The history of the club is interesting - formed in 1998 as Bristol Rovers Women's Football Club, they were renamed as Bristol Academy W.F.C after increased involvement with the Bristol Academy of Sport, which is now the South Gloucestershire and Stroud College.

In 2006, Rovers withdrew funding from the club and Bristol Academy bankrolled the team.

This would see a period of unprecedented success, the most successful season in 2013, finishing runners up in the Women’s Super League, and the FA Cup.

In 2013, the club signed a sponsorship agreement with Bristol City FC, changed their name and home kit from blue to red, and three years later in 2016 were renamed Bristol City Women’s Football Club."

First we steal your women’s team , then we’re coming for you men’s team. .....

1 hour ago, AshtonPark said:

If anyone wants a laugh at that gas girls video, i asked why they used Ashton Gate. Its our fault, we stole the womens team.... Even on the links he provided it says rovers walked away. Bless

“Basically in 2005, we were Bristol Rovers Women’s FC but Rovers walked away and what followed was the takeover of the club by South Gloucestershire and Stroud College and with it becoming Bristol Academy WFC,” said Williams, who is also the club’s marketing officer.

Kind regards

Anyone who claims Gas Logic doesn’t exist............

3 hours ago, Loon plage said:

So there you have it then.

6 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

Some gasheads were talking by the bar when I was working yesterday and they were adamant that "played in the right position Nicholas would score for fun"

Yeh they are probably right, as ‘Fun FC’ plays in the 8th tier of Cypriot football .....

Edited by BS4 on Tour...
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

Anyone who claims Gas Logic doesn’t exist............

So funny. They seem to completely gloss over the fact that they WITHDREW FUNDING (i.e. cutting off support for women's football altogether, leaving it for various bodies to pick up the pieces). Only then did the Women's team go on to greatness.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Don't the fewers have history of being a goalkeeping feeder club?

It's one of the few positions in their side clubs are happy to loan them players on account of the fact they face more opportunities to make saves in half a dozen games than most sides let the opposition have in two seasons.

What's the point in having goalkeepers?

You need nets and training facilities and they haven't got that either.

Watch out when walking your dog in a local park if you here someone behind you say "ah, da foinal turd" he could be clearing the space to train on.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Undy English said:

So funny. They seem to completely gloss over the fact that they WITHDREW FUNDING (i.e. cutting off support for women's football altogether, leaving it for various bodies to pick up the pieces). Only then did the Women's team go on to greatness.

Libel action beckons.

Serious stuff calling Steve Lansdown a thief...

21 minutes ago, BessexRED said:

Coughlan's 1/2 on for the Plymouth job.

Amazing. The global institution of Bristol Rovers potentially about to lose their manager to a fourth tier rival club of theirs.

He's a typically annoying Rovers' manager so happy to see the back of him.

They'll find another equally irritating individual to take his place if he does go though.

They always do.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Undy English said:

Yeah but you forget that Gas Logic dictates that facts are irrelevant!!

• Haha 1

• Admin
19 hours ago, AshtonPark said:

Kind regards

So what happened to the Bristol City womens team from 25+ years ago?

Can remember watching them in an FA Cup semi final against Liverpool at Mangotsfield back in the early 1990's

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, phantom said:

So what happened to the Bristol City womens team from 25+ years ago?

Can remember watching them in an FA Cup semi final against Liverpool at Mangotsfield back in the early 1990's

City pulled the funding for them, it must had been a period in mid 2000's when clubs stopped funding the womens game and now its got "popular" again.

City found life at the top of the women's game difficult, and their stay in the National Division lasted for just a single season. They ended the 2004–05 campaign with just 9 points and were relegated straight back down to the Southern Division.[3] Two years later, in May 2007, Bristol City announced that they would no longer fund a women's team. The club moved to Bath and became part of the TeamBath group of sports team

Edited by AshtonPark
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Numero Uno said:

Yeah but you forget that Gas Logic dictates that facts are irrelevant!!

They are deluded mate. Like I completely understand if City 'bought' the team from Rovers and re-branded it, but that wasn't the case at all - Rovers washed their hands of the women and cut off all support. Now they are seemingly proud of this fact? Deluded and tin-pot don't cover it!!

• Like 1

So what manager might want to jump ship to a club in a lower division?  Only one I can think of.

Is Tom Nichols a striker or just on strike?

Tom Lockyer already gone. Bonham gone.

10 players released including the Tramp and Legbiter.

All sounds like rats leaving a sinking ship.

They are keeping that recently in the courts Rolling Mayonnaise bloke though.

Edited by wendyredredrobin

4 hours ago, Undy English said:

They are deluded mate. Like I completely understand if City 'bought' the team from Rovers and re-branded it, but that wasn't the case at all - Rovers washed their hands of the women and cut off all support. Now they are seemingly proud of this fact? Deluded and tin-pot don't cover it!!

Won’t be too long until they cease the financial support for the rebranded women’s team