IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

12 minutes ago, RedRaw said:

Another Gas Meltdown?

Don’t be silly, if Wael turns up (although no guarantee of that) they will still be under his spell. He could tell them the sky is pink and they would believe him. 

There are only a select few that can see through the emperors new clothes and they are soon shouted down. 

Some vague promise of a venue for a new ground which they won’t be able to identify for business reasons and a new portakabin for a tuck shop while they are waiting, jobs a good ‘un.

12 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Don’t be silly, if Wael turns up (although no guarantee of that) they will still be under his spell. He could tell them the sky is pink and they would believe him. Arab Gone Missing?

There are only a select few that can see through the emperors new clothes and they are soon shouted down. 

Some vague promise of a venue for a new ground which they won’t be able to identify for business reasons and a new portakabin for a tuck shop while they are waiting, jobs a good ‘un. Another Ground Mentioned?

Can you see where I'm going with this......? ?

Edited by RedRaw
  • Haha 1

On ‎08‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 20:46, Buster Footman's T shirt said:

Just take a high wind to do that.....

…. Would require an experienced dismantling crew to do it safely. As you say wind would be an issue, the first sign of anything above a gentle breeze would get amateurs in a right old flap at The Mem.  

On ‎08‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 17:20, Redsi2 said:

So get someone else to pay for their ground developments again!! What planet are they on?

On ‎09‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 09:08, Miah Dennehy said:

Well if it's good enough for Donald Trump :)

They'd welcome interest from The Donald,  just the thought of a promised wall build would do it... real bricks and mortar at The Mem, what a novel idea.  #TheGasInDreamland.

5 hours ago, WhistleHappy said:

They'd welcome interest from The Donald,  just the thought of a promised wall build would do it... real bricks and mortar at The Mem, what a novel idea.  #TheGasInDreamland.

**** me, if that *** ever rocked up at The Mem then I seriously would consider giving up!

• Like 2

"It was the size of the club that, when I found out about the interest, just ticked in my brain that I wanted to come here." - Rovers' new signing Tom Davies

Sometimes, I feel a bit sad for the sags, I mean when the Post are telling you you're now the 6th richest club in England, and muppets like Tom here making stuff up, it's no wonder some of them actually think they're anything better than what they are, utter shit. 

I just find it hysterical he went from former Premiership team Coventry to Rovers because apparently the club is massivv

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Monkeh said:

Portishead fc have spent more on facilities then the gas have in the last 20 years

Pretty sure I seen it mentioned somewhere that the Sags have never forked out for a permanent structure of any kind from their own pockets during their whole existence.

24 minutes ago, Mattyisared said:

"It was the size of the club that, when I found out about the interest, just ticked in my brain that I wanted to come here." - Rovers' new signing Tom Davies

Sometimes, I feel a bit sad for the sags, I mean when the Post are telling you you're now the 6th richest club in England, and muppets like Tom here making stuff up, it's no wonder some of them actually think they're anything better than what they are, utter shit. 

I just find it hysterical he went from former Premiership team Coventry to Rovers because apparently the club is massivv

If he’s anything like Stefan Payne, he’ll have the Fewers sussed out in no time ✊?✊?

28 minutes ago, Mattyisared said:

"It was the size of the club that, when I found out about the interest, just ticked in my brain that I wanted to come here." 

Let’s just break that down.....

history.....none to speak of, a perennial lower league club 

silverware......league one title over 30 years ago

recent history.....a non league club not long ago and two promotions to get to the bottom half of league one

stadium.....accepted, even by most of their own fans, as one of the worst grounds in the country 

facilities......none. No proper training facilities, currently training in a park 

support.....regardless of their own delusion, have only hit over 10,000 a handful of times in decades. Currently averaging about 8,000

ownership..... fake sheik who has little to no available money to invest, losing thousands every week, only asset tied in to club debt

Potential.......trying to compete with a city rival that is an established championship club pushing for the prem, owned by a “real” billionaire fan who has provided a 27,000 stadium, good performing academy, soon to be prem standard trading facilities, sanctioning multi-million pound transfers in conjunction with record season ticket sales and home attendances of nearly 22,000

So Mr Davies.....please feel free to qualify your statement of “the size of the club”

Edited by RedRaw
  • Like 4

17 minutes ago, Mattyisared said:

It's an easy and understandable mistake for anyone to make... It's due to the widespread belief that there is only 'One Team In Bristol'  This leads to the commonly used reference of ' Bristol ' in football terms therefore it is frequently misconstrued as meaning Bristol City FC …  Reckon young Tom couldn't believe his luck when told 'Bristol' wanted him, what a shame, hard luck Tom, hope you enjoy camping. ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

Pretty sure I seen it mentioned somewhere that the Sags have never forked out for a permanent structure of any kind from their own pockets during their whole existence.

They did at Eastville, which didn't do them much good because they didn't own the land.  If you pay for an extension to your neighbour's house, it's his not yours!

35 minutes ago, Mattyisared said:

Apparently he was impressed with the training ground.   Nobody had the heart to tell him he was actually looking at the stadium. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

46 minutes ago, Southstandoriginal said:

They did at Eastville, which didn't do them much good because they didn't own the land.  If you pay for an extension to your neighbour's house, it's his not yours!

They have learned their lesson from that experience. They now put up tents which they can take with them when they are evicted from the Mem

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

Devon White, I'd argue, was immobile....

• Haha 1