IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

12 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Here’s one - it suggests the gas are 69th on the list, sandwiched between Colchester United and Fleetwood with their huge outlay for Tillson .... it seems to have inflated their record fee to £375k though - I always thought it was £370k that they shelled out..

https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-united/each-of-the-92-football-league-clubs-record-transfer-signings-ranked-in-order-1-9591778

The missing 5K was in the Car Park...sure I read that somewhere.......

5 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Well Victor Meldrew's first TV acting role was in Dr Finaly's Casebook so stranger things have happened.

The filing has now been published and is the right to allot £10,000 nominal within the next 15 months.  Shares are 10p so this is 100,000 shares or 1.2% of the increased share capital.

Rather than the AQs increasing their equity investment this looks like tempting a new investor onto the Board. 

I'm surprised the EP hasn't picked up on this; I'm not hugely surprised that gaschat hasn't as they let Henbury Gas post.

Seriously? Even this Ballbag doesn’t even know? This to$$er knows everything you know! Contacts everywhere giving him inside info like UWE was 100% happening etc. On Numerous occasions he’s plastered his ITK gossip over Sagchat and turns out all of it is Bullshit, also Bristol Sport calling him to come and fix an IT issue at AG, and this mysterious assault on a disabled person during a City game that unbelievably not one person witnessed.

The bloke is an absolute C0ck who knows #### all and is one of the main reasons why their ‘forum’ is just a complete wankfest.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Eddie Hitler said:

It's got to be somebody specifc; you don't go through that amount of corporate faff (I know, I've done it) on the offchance.

I however have no idea who it is.

Haven't really followed this lately, so forgive me if I get this wrong. They're trying to get someone else on board by a share issue at a specific price. Will this reduce their share holding? Because, they said they couldn't put more money in while they held so many shares. 

46 minutes ago, Rich said:

Haven't really followed this lately, so forgive me if I get this wrong. They're trying to get someone else on board by a share issue at a specific price. Will this reduce their share holding? Because, they said they couldn't put more money in while they held so many shares. 

It's to make a share issue without having to make that share issue available to all shareholders, as you woud normally via a rights issue, rather than at a specific price.

Slagchat.....

Yep and all we need is a good season from us or a very bad season from them and we could be even. Or even a very good season from us and a crap season from them and ..... there would still be a gap but not the one they want! ?
FTG!

So there we have it boys and girls GasLogic strikes again. So according to that just one bad season from Man City and a good one from us we could get EVEN with them! Imagine the scenes if that were to happen! 

What a f@cking w4nker ?

FTG

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

They can only dream of signing the likes of Kalas, DaSilva, Bentley and Szmodics.

They can only dream of selling players for millions, such as Flint, Bryan and Reid.

They can only dream about £40 million stadiums and can only dream of appearing on Sky twice in a month.

They can only dream of beating Man U in the QF of the League Cup and giving Man C a good game in the semi final.

They can only dream of 20000 plus attendances and challenging for promotion to the premiership.

Whilst we live on the planet Earth, they are living on Uranus or some other extraterrestrial world outside of our solar system.

It's bad enough that their fans are deluded, but it seems that their board and management suffer from the same delusions as well.

There was a time where there was at least some competition in Bristol football. Those times of course were decades ago.

Edited by wendyredredrobin
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

It's to make a share issue without having to make that share issue available to all shareholders, as you woud normally via a rights issue, rather than at a specific price.

So I'm assuming it's only £10,000 initially then as a 'feel the water' scenario?

If someone (and I assume they are expecting 'someone' specific) snaps them all up at 10p each  - giving them 1.2% ownership, then they will release more?

Surely the price would need to be higher per share though?

£100,000 would give anyone 12% ownership (should more shares be allocated) - so less than £480,000 gives someone the magic 51% of shares? - Thereby control of the club and 1st dibs on any assets?

Why would Dwayne Sports risk a hostile takeover (potentially) for less than £500,000 and lose half their equity in the Mem?

I'm assuming , as I said before this is a 'come and put yer money where your mouth is' offer @10p a share for 1.2% of the club only.

That the entire offer.

Anymore shares would then be offered at say £12 each (for example).

It's a fishing attempt basically to see if there is anyone out there - is that right Eddie?

Why couldn't the Supporters Club buy them and increase their share to 9.2% - rendering the whole exercise futile and allowing Supporters Club members to pick up shares at a massive discount (£1 each initially I believe) of 90% off.

@Eddie Hitler   Help!

4 hours ago, SX227 said:

So I'm assuming it's only £10,000 initially then as a 'feel the water' scenario?

If someone (and I assume they are expecting 'someone' specific) snaps them all up at 10p each  - giving them 1.2% ownership, then they will release more?

Surely the price would need to be higher per share though?

£100,000 would give anyone 12% ownership (should more shares be allocated) - so less than £480,000 gives someone the magic 51% of shares? - Thereby control of the club and 1st dibs on any assets?

Why would Dwayne Sports risk a hostile takeover (potentially) for less than £500,000 and lose half their equity in the Mem?

I'm assuming , as I said before this is a 'come and put yer money where your mouth is' offer @10p a share for 1.2% of the club only.

That the entire offer.

Anymore shares would then be offered at say £12 each (for example).

It's a fishing attempt basically to see if there is anyone out there - is that right Eddie?

Why couldn't the Supporters Club buy them and increase their share to 9.2% - rendering the whole exercise futile and allowing Supporters Club members to pick up shares at a massive discount (£1 each initially I believe) of 90% off.

@Eddie Hitler   Help!

The big unknown is the pricing.  They are 10p nominal but could be sold for, say, £1.10 which would mean the club gets £110k which is split £10k Share Capital and £100k Share Premium Account.

I think they're trying to bring someone on Board as Tony Fernandez did at QPR where he brought in the Mittal family with an initial small share and since then they have gone on to own it (I think, few years ago now).

They are also not going to be generally available; even if you wanted them you couldn't buy them.  They will be offered to a specific person.

I think that they already have someone lined up and now all they have to do is stop them seeing the state of the Mem before they write out the cheque.

7 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

The big unknown is the pricing.  They are 10p nominal but could be sold for, say, £1.10 which would mean the club gets £110k which is split £10k Share Capital and £100k Share Premium Account.

I think they're trying to bring someone on Board as Tony Fernandez did at QPR where he brought in the Mittal family with an initial small share and since then they have gone on to own it (I think, few years ago now).

They are also not going to be generally available; even if you wanted them you couldn't buy them.  They will be offered to a specific person.

I think that they already have someone lined up and now all they have to do is stop them seeing the state of the Mem before they write out the cheque.

Knowing them they'll show them shots of Ashton Gate and say, look how great it is.

Poor deluded souls....

10 hours ago, In the Net said:

Hmmmm - do you think it is likely that they have somebody lined up, or will they be casting their net in the hope of dragging somebody on board?

They might cast their net, but like the everything else at their tinpot club their net has a hole in that a blue whale could fit through.

18 hours ago, bert tann said:

Something is afoot Eddie, and not the 3 1/2 inches claimed by critics of Rovers' President Wael Al-Qadi.

But what of the presence in the United Kingdom of Mrs Sheikh Mohammed daughter of the late King of Jordan ?  It is alleged she is here to be close to her lover a lovely man who loves football and has a sumptuous office in West London. The Princess is a billionaire in her own right and her left alone could buy Rovers a new stadium and provide a playing budget far in excess of that supplied to BCFC by Stephen Lansdown.

Exiting times ahead for Rovers and, as usual, my source is likely to be highly reliable having previously predicted that Victor Meldrew's wife would leave him for Dr Finlay. 

Exiting times ahead for Rovers.

We can only hope .

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

They can only dream of signing the likes of Kalas, DaSilva, Bentley and Szmodics.

They can only dream of selling players for millions, such as Flint, Bryan and Reid.

They can only dream about £40 million stadiums and can only dream of appearing on Sky twice in a month.

They can only dream of beating Man U in the QF of the League Cup and giving Man C a good game in the semi final.

They can only dream of 20000 plus attendances and challenging for promotion to the premiership.

Whilst we live on the planet Earth, they are living on Uranus or some other extraterrestrial world outside of our solar system.

It's bad enough that their fans are deluded, but it seems that their board and management suffer from the same delusions as well.

There was a time where there was at least some competition in Bristol football. Those times of course were decades ago.

That’s a bit harsh on Manor Farm .

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

That’s a bit harsh on Manor Farm .

Forget Manor Farm, that was harsh on Portland Old Boys A Team.

Edited by BS2 Red

1 hour ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Seems a very strange and amateurish way of publically 'outing' any interested parties.

But hey, that's what they do, eh?

29 minutes ago, SX227 said:

Seems a very strange and amateurish way of publically 'outing' any interested parties.

But hey, that's what they do, eh?

The only discreet way to do this would be to sell some of their own shares and they don't seem to want to do that.

8 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

My guess is that Wally will buy the shares for their nominal value, and Dibley Sport will try and flog their holding.

The old man and the brother get their money back, and Wally still gets to enjoy being president.

Could be. Though 1.2% won't get him a seat on the Board.

2 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

The only discreet way to do this would be to sell some of their own shares and they don't seem to want to do that.

Could be. Though 1.2% won't get him a seat on the Board.

Would probably be enough during any sales negotiations to award him an honorary role in the club, life president or similar.

Basically, promote him out of trouble.

3 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Would probably be enough during any sales negotiations to award him an honorary role in the club, life president or similar.

Basically, promote him out of trouble.

Oh I see, like giving Sid Vicious a bass guitar and then taping up the terminals so that his inability to play bass didn't spoil the songs.

Yes, that has legs.

5 minutes ago, In the Net said:

So is this the same as Millwall are doing?  I know that their owner usually converts his loans into shares, but £21m is more than the total of their debt.

Millwall cash.JPG

That's what I initially thought it was but the number of shares is so small it seems pointless.

Potentially it could be swapped for existing debt or preference shares rather than sold for cash.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

That's what I initially thought it was but the number of shares is so small it seems pointless.

Potentially it could be swapped for existing debt or preference shares rather than sold for cash.

Waq and his family are trying to dilute their ownership, so there is less pressure on them to put in their own money,

after all they couldn’t put on investment as they only own 92% of the club,

24 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Waq and his family are trying to dilute their ownership, so there is less pressure on them to put in their own money,

after all they couldn’t put on investment as they only own 92% of the club,

If something does go horribly wrong then the Mem goes to Dwayne sports as it is secured against a loan. Does diluting their ownership then reduce liability on debts, is it a slow tippy tappy exit strategy ?

Just now, Fiale said:

If something does go horribly wrong then the Mem goes to Dwayne sports as it is secured against a loan. Does diluting their ownership then reduce liability on debts, is it a slow tippy tappy exit strategy ?

I think their plan is for the football club to fold and then have a prime bit of land ready for development 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1