IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

How many do we think they`ll take to Blackpool today? No doubt the Man Bar has got extra staff booked to cope with the influx.

It should be a big crowd post-Oyston, probably around 10- 12k, so wait for the deluded ones to say they had 50% of it.

And of course, how much more the Blackpool fans liked them than they do da shit.

11 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

I did actually- I think the figure was updated to 1300 and there is pay on the day, but it was quiet in town last night.

@Miah Dennehy Not trying to make any cheap shots here but as a Rovers fan, how does it feel to see City sell two players for a total of around £40M in one summer? It's madness to me and I'm not sure how it helps the aspirations of teams below the Championship. In some ways, I don't even think it helps us as it proves that every player has a price - a crazy figure that even Bournemouth and Brighton can now reach.

2 minutes ago, Xiled said:

@Miah Dennehy Not trying to make any cheap shots here but as a Rovers fan, how does it feel to see City sell two players for a total of around £40M in one summer? It's madness to me and I'm not sure how it helps the aspirations of teams below the Championship. In some ways, I don't even think it helps us as it proves that every player has a price - a crazy figure that even Bournemouth and Brighton can now reach.

I didn't even know you had sold two players for £40million! But that is a serious amount of cash. I don't take an awful lot of notice of football stories that don't involve Rovers or Celtic and I really would struggle to name more than 3 or 4 City players, I tend to just look out for your results and hope you lose! 

Mind you, although I know most of the Rovers players names, I would also struggle to recognise more than 3 or 4 of them, so it's probably just that my interest in football has waned somewhat. I still like going to games, having a beer and a laugh, but the football is very much secondary to the social these days.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Mind you, although I know most of the Rovers players names, I would also struggle to recognise more than 3 or 4 of them, so it's probably just that my interest in football has waned somewhat. I still like going to games, having a beer and a laugh, but the football is very much secondary to the social these days.

For me, it's Nichols plus ten others !

If I happen to hear a bit of your game broadcast on RB, I haven't got a clue which side has got the ball !         e.g.   do I want X to score, or not .:cool:

Aiming for a new stadium within 2 years. They are looking for planning on the Fruit Market and expect the council to be helpful according to that very nice man.

You would think that area might be a little congested traffic wise. He can’t talk about funding at this stage, not before they havee asked the council to fund it presumably.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Johnny Musicworks said:

Aiming for a new stadium within 2 years. They are looking for planning on the Fruit Market and expect the council to be helpful according to that very nice man.

You would think that area might be a little congested traffic wise. He can’t talk about funding at this stage, not before they havee asked the council to fund it presumably.

I don't know about the appropriateness of such a site nor whether they will get funding.

What I do know is that there is absolutely no way that they will get through planning and then get a stadium built within two years even if everything goes to plan; I would suggest four years is realistic.

• Like 1

Announcement expected imminently from Dwane Sports to say they are purchasing a valuable tract of land at St Phillips, Bristol on which they will build a new 20 000 capacity multi-sports stadium. The development will also include a hotel, offices, restaurants, cinema complex and associated parking. 

The project is said to be financed  through the support of the Bahrain Arab  International Bank (BAIB) and the Kuwait Asia Bank.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bert tann said:

Announcement expected imminently from Dwane Sports to say they are purchasing a valuable tract of land at St Phillips, Bristol on which they will build a new 20 000 capacity multi-sports stadium. The development will also include a hotel, offices, restaurants, cinema complex and associated parking. 

The project is said to be financed  through the support of the Bahrain Arab  International Bank (BAIB) and the Kuwait Asia Bank.

If they’ve got the funding in place, then this one may actually happen..! 

Multi sports/use stadium, hotel & offices all sound good. Cinema complex though..? Really?! Cinemas are dying on their asses and there are showcase and Cabot both close by. Sounds odd to me. 

20k capacity sounds sensible & realistic. 

Lets see if this one actually happens..! 

Staggering amount of stuttering B.S. when Twentyman questioned Wally about the new stadium.

Wally must have thought the interview was going so well until that point. The answers would have snappped the needle off of Jeremy Kyles lie detector.

If you ask a Billionaire how he’s going to pay for something surely there is an easier answer than its a secret?

8 minutes ago, bert tann said:

If you're going to finance all of that then why waste your profits by setting land aside for a loss-making football ground?

Just stick a few blocks of flats up instead and make a fortune.

8 minutes ago, bert tann said:

Anyone free to help me plant at the Fruit Market the very rare orchid plants I’ve cultivated for this very purpose? ;)

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Anyone free to help me plant at the Fruit Market the very rare orchid plants I’ve cultivated for this very purpose? ;)

No need, it's a well known habitat for a rare species of newt. Or it will be once I transport them from Long Ashton.

• Like 1