IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 hour ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

I remember being stood on the Tote that evening surrounded seemingly only by City supporters. When the final whistle went, I had the place virtually to myself as everyone else seemed to be on or around the pitch.

I had a very happy walk back to St George that night!

Hmmm, before you were married I presume?

8 hours ago, Fatknacker said:

I remember an evening back in the early 70s when we played the Gloucestershire Senior Professional Cup Final at Eastville, in the  days when it was a big deal and both teams put out a first team. Our forward line scored the first four leaving Skirton, no 7, the odd one out and they fed him until he got the fifth...happy days and not much has changed. 

I’ve just read Hollowhead’s latest column in the Post.

His latest rambling is that clubs should be mandated to keep their managers for the duration of their contract, no matter what.

What an absolute crackpot. I have no idea why anyone gives this guy any airspace (in more ways than one!).

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/abuse-middlesbroughs-jonathan-woodgate-derby-3289501

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, HitchinRed said:

His latest rambling is that clubs should be mandated to keep their managers for the duration of their contract, no matter what.

What an absolute crackpot. I have no idea why anyone gives this guy any airspace (in more ways than one!).

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/abuse-middlesbroughs-jonathan-woodgate-derby-3289501

So a manager given a 5 year contract wouldn't be able to be sacked even if he took a Premier League club into non-league?

I wonder why Holloway would want to avoid managers being sacked.....

8 minutes ago, BS2 Red said:

So a manager given a 5 year contract wouldn't be able to be sacked even if he took a Premier League club into non-league?

It is a difficult question isn't it, I wonder why.....

1 hour ago, HitchinRed said:

Would that be the same Ian Holloway that’s been sacked from most of his jobs..?

1 hour ago, HitchinRed said:

Conversely, Managers who sign a contract with a club should honour that commitment, not jump out at the first opportunity.......isn't that right Ian *cough* Plymouth *cough*

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, BS2 Red said:

This is a great idea, one I feel should be extended to all walks of life. It would be great if I could stop trying do a good job and just relax in the knowledge that I won't be sacked until my contract runs out. As I am not on a Fixed Term Contract, this can continue until the end of my working life. :) 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Yeah he prefers to Ashton Gate as well I heard. Seriously thought he isn't gonna come out and say it looks like a rugby stadium had a baby with a circus tent is he?

29 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Oh come on, he must have got mixed up surely? We know the Gas consistently take pictures and video with our ground in the background, it must be easy to get confused. I love how the article says "Its canvas tents and open terraces can often split opinion" Split? Who are the odd dozen people who don't think it's a shit pit? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Oh come on, he must have got mixed up surely? We know the Gas consistently take pictures and video with our ground in the background, it must be easy to get confused. I love how the article says "Its canvas tents and open terraces can often split opinion" Split? Who are the odd dozen people who don't think it's a shit pit? 

the only thing that splits is my sides when laughing at everything they do - anyone who thinks that the Minimal is a 'magnificent stadium' (and using the word 'stadium' must contravene the Trades Descriptions Act surely), should seek medical advice as they are not quite in total possession of their faculties) 

• Haha 1

Why isn't it a place they can call theirs after owning it for more or less 20 years, basically a quarter of a century? After they stole the ground (would have loved a forensic financial investigation) halted all further developments, didn't maintain properly, and almost caused the rugby club to go extinct with pure greed and short termism, surely it's all of their own making. 

They have had a prime asset for so long and have now squandered it all. I have no real sympathy.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Rinkadink said:

Why isn't it a place they can call theirs after owning it for more or less 20 years, basically a quarter of a century? After they stole the ground (would have loved a forensic financial investigation) halted all further developments, didn't maintain properly, and almost caused the rugby club to go extinct with pure greed and short termism, surely it's all of their own making. 

They have had a prime asset for so long and have now squandered it all. I have no real sympathy.

Too right.

Arthur Holmes in the dock the ***.

"They're a strong team, they've got a great crowd and a magnificent stadium and pitch.

"With all that, it should be a really good game."

This is just standard bull that all managers spout before a match to show 'respect' for the opposition and a caveat in case they lose.

And to be honest it is the manager of Accrington with a fraction of their money and fans.

If it was Pep Klopp or whatever his name is saying that it would have more clout.

8 minutes ago, bristolmoose said:

"They're a strong team, they've got a great crowd and a magnificent stadium and pitch.

"With all that, it should be a really good game."

This is just standard bull that all managers spout before a match to show 'respect' for the opposition and a caveat in case they lose.

And to be honest it is the manager of Accrington with a fraction of their money and fans.

If it was Pep Klopp or whatever his name is saying that it would have more clout.

I just think the guy does sarcasm at a top level.

He must be laughing his head off that this made the ‘ paper ‘.

Edited by Major Isewater

24 minutes ago, WessexPest said:

“Magnificent stadium”?!? What are you babbling on about, man! What’s his yardstick for impressive buildings - has he just come back off holidaying in the Bahamas or summat?

Accrington Stanley's ground.  Magnificence is relative.

dsc01155.jpg

dsc01187.jpg?w=300&h=225

dsc01154.jpg

https://gibbos92.wordpress.com/2012/02/05/accrington-stanley-fc-the-crown-ground/

• Like 2

3 hours ago, 42nite said:

Maybe a good idea for the driver to check he's been given the correct postcode for his satnav!

2 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Down at the gate now.  The Accrington team bus has just arrived amidst a state of panic and confusion.

1 hour ago, CotswoldRed said:

If Accrington turn up at Ashton Gate at 1.30pm we'll understand his mistake. 

The driver won't have any problems as he has carefully watched all their promotional videos ...

GasGirls.jpg.3a33b0f7ed58f9309c03e1d3e3ba878b.jpg

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Ronnie Sinclair said:

the only thing that splits is my sides when laughing at everything they do - anyone who thinks that the Minimal is a 'magnificent stadium' (and using the word 'stadium' must contravene the Trades Descriptions Act surely), should seek medical advice as they are not quite in total possession of their faculties) 

Tedium or Staydumb, would be more accurate than "Stadium".

• Haha 1