IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 hour ago, wendyredredrobin said:

So embarrassing to be labelled a sag that she has to come out publicly to deny it:

TV star Maya Jama casts doubt over her support for Bristol Rovers

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/tv-star-maya-jama-casts-3917032#ICID=Android_BristolPostApp_AppShare

Haven’t got a clue who this woman is?

I’ve always thought it’s particularly appropriate that their most famous fan is a convicted liar.

its what they do....

20 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

Nice to see 38% of existing methane snorting season ticket holder have stated, on slagchat that they won't be renewing. Admittedly, they've only had 58 votes.

Dropping like a stone. :)

To fair, we get similar knee jerk reactions on here. Just look at most matchday threads when we go one nil down!

That said, the last set of accounts showed a 12% drop in income.

And attendances have continued to fall since.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

To fair, we get similar knee jerk reactions on here. Just look at most matchday threads when we go one nil down!

Tick Tock....:sub:

1 hour ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Haven’t got a clue who this woman is?

I’ve always thought it’s particularly appropriate that their most famous fan is a convicted liar.

its what they do....

Stormzy's ex

• Confused 1

43 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Outstanding news.

3 minutes ago, Super said:

Those figures were last year every chance the next lot are far worse for them.

That was my point (which I think some missed!) - it isn't a latest position.

We'll have that joy at the end of the month.

Wouldn't surprise me if the weekly loss is on the rise, even if they have shipped out some of the bigger earners.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Remember 1982 and how they circled like vultures. What comes around goes around. Hope it all goes tits up for them and go bust . **** um 

Even if Wally pulls the plug I don't think they'll go to the wall.

He'll be the defacto owner of the stadium (secured against the loans) and the club is a worthless entity (would imagine most clubs are as they lose money), but subject to an administrator negotiating a penny-in-the-pound type settlement, you'll either find someone prepared to invest if they are largely debt free and either renting the Mem (or more likely moving to Bath in the short term) or, dare I say it, the supporters buying the club.

The latter being unlikely as they seem the most unorganised fan base in the league which is why they keep getting shat on and just accept it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

He'll be the defacto owner of the stadium (secured against the loans) and the club is a worthless entity (would imagine most clubs are as they lose money), but subject to an administrator negotiating a penny-in-the-pound type settlement, you'll either find someone prepared to invest if they are largely debt free and either renting the Mem (or more likely moving to Bath in the short term) or, dare I say it, the supporters buying the club.

The latter being unlikely as they seem the most unorganised fan base in the league which is why they keep getting shat on and just accept it.

Can’t argue with that BR very good post . Just hoping 

4 hours ago, bcfcfinker said:

So, have the gash employed PT Barnum consulting services now?

It might explain the circus and freak shows.

Meanwhile, one of their L1 rivals (possibly ours next season) announced a new ground for 2022-2023.

Here's the mock up photos. https://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/news/people/stunning-photos-reveal-model-new-iconic-peterborough-united-stadium-club-prepares-big-attendance-spike-2072375?fbclid=IwAR2TUo7jeWEyGyqKkDH4IyfjRl2Zaxi2KI3YFwaMvXK5Mt8HoxJh-tZj_cA

Rovers; this makes you look even shabbier.

2 hours ago, 22A said:

Meanwhile, one of their L1 rivals (possibly ours next season) announced a new ground for 2022-2023.

Here's the mock up photos. https://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/news/people/stunning-photos-reveal-model-new-iconic-peterborough-united-stadium-club-prepares-big-attendance-spike-2072375?fbclid=IwAR2TUo7jeWEyGyqKkDH4IyfjRl2Zaxi2KI3YFwaMvXK5Mt8HoxJh-tZj_cA

Rovers; this makes you look even shabbier.

Have to be honest, I quite like Peterborough. There is an honesty and openness about the way they go about things.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Bazooka Joe said:

Bristol Live (never let the truth or facts get in the way of a good story) states  "Jama had been part of a long list of famous Rovers fans"

Since when do three idiot Z-listers constitute " a long line of famous..." ?

...and here’s that list of ‘famous’ fans - they’re claiming Eddie Large as he once took part in a raffle that wasn’t even at a gas game!  https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/thirteen-most-famous-celebrity-bristol-3685786 ....

....funny, can’t see Dyson or Noel Edmonds on the list?! ?????

Edit: apologies, I’ve just seen that @myol'man has already highlighted this link above

Edited by BS4 on Tour...
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

Wonder how long it'll take them before its discussed on their "forum".....and then dismissed as nothing to worry about.

Someone started a thread on there (although it does look like it was a City fan rather than a genuine, head in the sand Slag tbf). I don’t think they’re too bothered, probably still dreaming of the day that SL finally ‘pulls the plug’. You know what they’re like...

Enjoyed this post below. Someone should remind this Saghead which team it is who have well and truly ‘bottled’ promotion this season. What is it now? One win in 16 since they were 2 points off 2nd in December? Proper shit themselves ?

At least we TRY and hang in there till the end.

D9976B00-D95A-45DC-9EB9-EBB949FEF98F.jpeg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

That was my point (which I think some missed!) - it isn't a latest position.

We'll have that joy at the end of the month.

Wouldn't surprise me if the weekly loss is on the rise, even if they have shipped out some of the bigger earners.

End of the month?

Are you assuming they will actually file their accounts on time for a change ?

6 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

This won’t happen, Twerton Park isn’t upto EFL standards plus they want to install a 4G pitch. So looks like they’ll have to beg someone else to let them rent their ground instead.

20 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

This won’t happen, Twerton Park isn’t upto EFL standards plus they want to install a 4G pitch. So looks like they’ll have to beg someone else to let them rent their ground instead.

They don't even own a 4G phone, let alone a 4G pitch....

• Haha 1
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

:10_1_108:Their CEO on plans for a new stadium says ‘ there’s nothing concrete ‘ 

so no change there . 

So another month anniversary passes, since the famous “fruit market in 2 years” declaration and there is literally no progress. At this rate they will have to employ those Chinese workers that built a hospital in six days.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

The gift , another quote from Seaman Staines ,

’ 

“His ( Wally’s ) commitment is total to the football club at the moment.”

Also he watches all the games on I follow .

#loyalandtrue

Says it all really.

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

So another month anniversary passes, since the famous “fruit market in 2 years” declaration and there is literally no progress. At this rate they will have to employ those Chinese workers that built a hospital in six days.

Don’t be daft , they’ll just get a couple of the lads from Billy Smarts when they’re passing through. 

• Haha 1