IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

I found this gem, bless 'em. All these "names" will cost them money. The fake fekir won't want anyone with cahunas to rock the boat so I'm afraid sags it'll be another yes man. None of them seem to go for the obvious (er cheap) choice which is Tommy Widdrington.

Hoping for Paul Cook, though I'm half expecting Wael to appoint Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Swede said:

I found this gem, bless 'em. All these "names" will cost them money. The fake fekir won't want anyone with cahunas to rock the boat so I'm afraid sags it'll be another yes man. None of them seem to go for the obvious (er cheap) choice which is Tommy Widdrington.

Hoping for Paul Cook, though I'm half expecting Wael to appoint Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink.

with his record.hed probably do it for free to try and improve his cv

22 hours ago, tin said:

If he goes there at this moment in time, I give up with football. He's good enough for us right now, let alone a team 18th in the league below.

I can see someone like Cowley taking it on, but I sincerely hope Cook doesn't go there. 

Not a chance...according to a Huddersfield fan I work with the guy is a legend in his own lunchbox.  He believes that he is far better than the likes of them...and realistically he is.

15 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

I may have read somewhere that they were considering asking Glyn Hobble if he was interested.  Just the sight of the place would give the poor bugger another heart attack.

Would certainly make him think twice about his faith in God! Eileen Drewery wouldn’t be able to help him!

Edited by BS15_RED
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Who do you reckon mate? Someone you`ve heard of or another Garner-type cheap option?

From the CEO's interview today, I don't think it will be another Garner-type.  Tisdale being appointed wouldn't surprise me - he lives in Bath, so no major upheaval for him re. family etc, and he fits the club's brief fairly well.  Maybe he'll bring Andy Tilson in on the coaching staff, as they worked together at Exeter, and our defence needs sorting out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, In the Net said:

From the CEO's interview today, I don't think it will be another Garner-type.  Tisdale being appointed wouldn't surprise me - he lives in Bath, so no major upheaval for him re. family etc, and he fits the club's brief fairly well.  Maybe he'll bring Andy Tilson in on the coaching staff, as they worked together at Exeter, and our defence needs sorting out.

All those years on, still paying for Tilson. 

• Haha 6
  • Flames 1

29 minutes ago, In the Net said:

I'd like to see Paul Tisdale managing City one day and as he needs some decent experience before we'll appoint him, owing to his not being called Johnson, then why not managing Rovers first?

12 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

I'd like to see Paul Tisdale managing City one day and as he needs some decent experience before we'll appoint him, owing to his not being called Johnson, then why not managing Rovers first?

He did well , really at Exeter on their budget without getting them over the line. Failed miserably at MK Dons though. Don’t know the reasons behind that. Winkelman normally gives manager a decent amount of time usually. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, steviestevieneville said:

He did well , really at Exeter on their budget without getting them over the line. Failed miserably at MK Dons though. Don’t know the reasons behind that. Winkelman normally gives manager a decent amount of time usually. 

Not sure what he really achieved at Exeter, didn't he take them out of the league? He lacked ambition when offered jobs elsewhere and was a total disaster at MK

2 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

He kept MK up, the following season there were a lot of injuries, including the two main strikers. I was surprised that, given those circumstances, he wasn't given a bit more time, but you never can tell with football.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Banjo Island said:

According to some gas pratt on the news bens done a fantastic job laying the foundations and the new manager needs to carry on the same methods playing atttacking exciting football yeah long may it continue because its taking you all the way to div 2

Gashead in passing off complete and utter deluded shit as fact shocker.....

3 hours ago, In the Net said:

But Tisdale is former Ted. That should have you all spitting feathers

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Galway Red said:

Not sure what he really achieved at Exeter, didn't he take them out of the league? He lacked ambition when offered jobs elsewhere and was a total disaster at MK

Exeter fans were very glad to see him go in the end - he stayed a long time but ultimately achieved very little.  Most of his time at Exeter he was being mentored by Steve Perryman.

1 hour ago, Banjo Island said:

According to some gas pratt on the news bens done a fantastic job laying the foundations and the new manager needs to carry on the same methods playing atttacking exciting football yeah long may it continue because its taking you all the way to div 2

He has dug some deep foundations, they were 4th in the league when he joined them now they are 18th??