IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 minute ago, wendyredredrobin said:

How many games at the Mem have been called off because of an unfit pitch?  I can't recall a game ever being called off at the gate since one against the Gas many years ago because of frozen rain (and that had nothing to do with the pitch).

You have to say our pitch looks as good if not better than any pitch I’ve seen recently - and with the egg chasers playing there too that’s some achievement

* The suspicious in me wonders whether the composition of our Desso is different to others and a possible contributor to our injuries 

• Like 1

Just now, Sheltons Army said:

You have to say our pitch looks as good if not better than any pitch I’ve seen recently - and with the egg chasers playing there too that’s some achievement

* The suspicious in me wonders whether the composition of our Desso is different to others and a possible contributor to our injuries 

Except that I think most of our injuries are happening on the training ground.

4 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

How many games at the Mem have been called off because of an unfit pitch?  I can't recall a game ever being called off at the gate since one against the Gas many years ago because of frozen rain (and that had nothing to do with the pitch).

We had a match abandoned at home to Watford following a downpour.

Absolute fiddle this is! There is no way those ctuns wanted to play today. If they did they would have arranged some form of pitch covering - it's not as if this cold snap has come on unannounced all of a sudden is it? It's clear they're in an absolute mess and see a rearranged fixture later in the season (for a vital "6 pointer" local derby) as a preferred option.

Scumbags through and through - hate the bastards so much!!! ?

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, BS3City said:

Absolute fiddle this is! There is no way those ctuns wanted to play today. If they did they would have arranged some form of pitch covering - it's not as if this cold snap has come on unannounced all of a sudden is it? It's clear they're in an absolute mess and see a rearranged fixture later in the season (for a vital "6 pointer" local derby) as a preferred option.

It's what they do.

• Like 2

Well I live about a mile from Horfield and my back garden is not frozen, nor any of my neighbours, so Im quite sure that tent city is quite playable. We've not had any rain for a week either.

In fact at 8am this morning there was no sign of any frost or ice and it's warmed up a few degrees since then.

Edited by wendyredredrobin

Well for me I'm glad that it's off as according to this 3 players that would have started would have been dropped. Swindon are shite even with a full team so we wouldn't want the sag bellends having any extra help.

https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/19086871.three-swindon-town-players-dropped-late-team-meeting/

41 minutes ago, BS3City said:

Surely not, they've never used that tactic before, have they?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Gazred said:

How very convenient for them.

Must of left the covers off by mistake.

I think the covers were left up at the training ground development and nobody could find the key to the padlock to open the fences for them to get in and collect them. 

11 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Known in the game as `Stockport Syndrome`

Don't forget Twerton, when a water main mysteriously burst overnight. Didn't have anything to do with about three of their players being injured and them having to play their local rivals, who were in good form.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Watford years ago wasn't it?

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Watford years ago wasn't it?

Cardiff on NY Day rings a bell. The whole area round AG was like a skating rink. Watford was called off just before kick off due to a monsoon.

Anyone recall a game v Notts County at AG that was abandoned at HT due to a downpour? We were one down to a Paul Heffernan goal.

• Hmmm 1

Just now, Lanterne Rouge said:

Cardiff on NY Day rings a bell. The whole area round AG was like a skating rink. Watford was called off just before kick off due to a monsoon.

Anyone recall a game v Notts County at AG that was abandoned at HT due to a downpour? We were one down to a Paul Heffernan goal.

I have a feeling there was a game v the gas that was called off due to the area around the stadium being frozen. I remember putting my golf spikes on to walk to the shop.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BS3City said:

The covers were put on the pitch after the game on Tuesday night.  When the covers were removed today, there was one small area of the pitch which was frozen - portable heaters were put around this area, which resolved the problem.  There is a video of a groundsman inserting a probe in the ground, you can see that the ground is not frozen and the soil temperature is above freezing.  Once the game had been called off, Rovers suggested that it could be played tomorrow, EFL were fine with this, it just needed Swindon to agree - but apparently they cannot travel to Bristol tomorrow (which is their perrogative).  Our CEO has complained to the EFL and referees' association about the ref's decision to call the game off.

Swindon have your young keeper on loan, who will not have had much time to train with his new team mates.  They have also suspended 3 first team players for missing a team meeting - yet you think it was us who wanted the game called off!

Still, don't let the facts get in the way of your blinkered opinion.

• Like 1