IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

3 minutes ago, In the Net said:

The covers were put on the pitch after the game on Tuesday night.  When the covers were removed today, there was one small area of the pitch which was frozen - portable heaters were put around this area, which resolved the problem.  There is a video of a groundsman inserting a probe in the ground, you can see that the ground is not frozen and the soil temperature is above freezing.  Once the game had been called off, Rovers suggested that it could be played tomorrow, EFL were fine with this, it just needed Swindon to agree - but apparently they cannot travel to Bristol tomorrow (which is their perrogative).  Our CEO has complained to the EFL and referees' association about the ref's decision to call the game off.

Swindon have your young keeper on loan, who will not have had much time to train with his new team mates.  They have also suspended 3 first team players for missing a team meeting - yet you think it was us who wanted the game called off!

Still, don't let the facts get in the way of your blinkered opinion.

Whereas everything has been lovely and rosey for your lot in the last couple of weeks..! 

I don't think this is a Rovers decision, but I'm damned sure that they will have been more than happy with any excuse to not have a game this weekend. 

59 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Whereas everything has been lovely and rosey for your lot in the last couple of weeks..! 

I don't think this is a Rovers decision, but I'm damned sure that they will have been more than happy with any excuse to not have a game this weekend. 

We've had 3 key players come back from injury, and got a rid of a manager who seemed to have lot the plot (although he may well have had reasons for that), and our opponents would have been fielding a weakened team - so no reason not to want to play.  We will have Tuesday night games every week into April now, assuming there are no further postponements.  I think the majority of teams just want to keep playing now, as most have been affected by having matches called off due to Covid.  Hoping that we can all be back in the stadiums for next season.

6 minutes ago, In the Net said:

We've had 3 key players come back from injury, and got a rid of a manager who seemed to have lot the plot (although he may well have had reasons for that), and our opponents would have been fielding a weakened team - so no reason not to want to play.  We will have Tuesday night games every week into April now, assuming there are no further postponements.  I think the majority of teams just want to keep playing now, as most have been affected by having matches called off due to Covid.  Hoping that we can all be back in the stadiums for next season.

#Bristolfootballisanembarrassment

1 hour ago, In the Net said:

The covers were put on the pitch after the game on Tuesday night.  When the covers were removed today, there was one small area of the pitch which was frozen - portable heaters were put around this area, which resolved the problem.  There is a video of a groundsman inserting a probe in the ground, you can see that the ground is not frozen and the soil temperature is above freezing.  Once the game had been called off, Rovers suggested that it could be played tomorrow, EFL were fine with this, it just needed Swindon to agree - but apparently they cannot travel to Bristol tomorrow (which is their perrogative).  Our CEO has complained to the EFL and referees' association about the ref's decision to call the game off.

Swindon have your young keeper on loan, who will not have had much time to train with his new team mates.  They have also suspended 3 first team players for missing a team meeting - yet you think it was us who wanted the game called off!

Still, don't let the facts get in the way of your blinkered opinion.

22 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

it does appear a wimpy excuse Swindon Town explain reason for declining rearranged Bristol Rovers date | Swindon Advertiser

1 minute ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

I was just thinking what the rest of the country thinks Sweens

Tues last week - As fans watch Sky Sports News 

‘*** me that Bristol Rovers have shipped seven at Accrington Stanley’

Weds

’Norwich are toying with that other Bristol lot’

Tues this week

That blue lit losing again - to Oxford at home

Weds this week 

‘That Bristol lot are powder puff , not even tried to win this’

Sat

’ ***** me they’re shipping goals like confetti , Bristol Football is laughable , always been non entities!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

I have a feeling there was a game v the gas that was called off due to the area around the stadium being frozen. I remember putting my golf spikes on to walk to the shop.

I think that was the icy pre match game when the gas hit squad turned up like cockney wannabes in a back of a lorry and got slapped about round st Nicholas market- happy days

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

To be fair, I would imagine that a lot of clubs in their position would probably do the same.  It's not their fault that the referee made a strange decision, the pitch inspection was at 12 o'clock so it's not like either of the managers would have been there getting in his ear.

6 minutes ago, In the Net said:

To be fair, I would imagine that a lot of clubs in their position would probably do the same.  It's not their fault that the referee made a strange decision, the pitch inspection was at 12 o'clock so it's not like either of the managers would have been there getting in his ear.

Rovers haven't got a manager saying that neither have city

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

11 hours ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

But tbf it's upto the home team to get the game on and they are in their rights to then decline a rearrangement for the next day. I think it's the right move by them considering they had some first team players missing.

11 hours ago, Sheltons Army said:

Hate these type of statements/reactions as it plays into the Gas hands. Lumps City (1 point off 7th in the championship) in the same boat as Rovers (heading for the fourth tier). 20 years since they've been above is in the league, don't mention them in the same breath as us.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, sglosbcfc said:

Hate these type of statements/reactions as it plays into the Gas hands. Lumps City (1 point off 7th in the championship) in the same boat as Rovers (heading for the fourth tier). 20 years since they've been above is in the league, don't mention them in the same breath as us.

Think you miss the point - and it’s true by the way 

Never mind

• Confused 2

49 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Normality will be resumed next season . Gas in the 4th division , city in the 3rd 

Not trying to be pedantic, but Rovers have not spent many seasons in their history in the 4th tier. Rovers average placing is middle of the third tier. City's average placing is bottom third of the second tier.

23 minutes ago, sglosbcfc said:

Not trying to be pedantic, but Rovers have not spent many seasons in their history in the 4th tier. Rovers average placing is middle of the third tier. City's average placing is bottom third of the second tier.

At least we have spent all of our seasons in our history in the Football League.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sglosbcfc said:

Not trying , you’ve succeeded . It was a joke mate 

1 hour ago, steviestevieneville said:

Not trying , you’ve succeeded . It was a joke mate 

I'm getting sensitive about anybody trying to suggest we are anywhere near to being as bad as them. Could you imagine what the Rovers fans would be like if they were above us for 20 seasons (or even 20 mins ?), trust me there wouldn't be any comments like Bristol football is embarrassing or we're both lower league clubs, they would absolutely revel in it.

3 minutes ago, Rich said:

We're having such a depressing time at the moment, it's nice to come on this topic for a little bit of mental relief, seeing that they're even worse than us and in a lower level of football.

They are the gift that keeps giving Rich. We're fortunate to have them. Even in our most desperate moments, there's always something to laugh at - I suggest regular visits to GasChat. Hilarious. 

11 minutes ago, Red_Alligator said:

They are the gift that keeps giving Rich. We're fortunate to have them. Even in our most desperate moments, there's always something to laugh at - I suggest regular visits to GasChat. Hilarious. 

Like others, I joined Gas chat once, after fighting myself filling in the application stating how long I've been supporting them. I got over that bit and was soon banned. Now I just follow the occasional link to the entertainment.

11 minutes ago, Rich said:

Like others, I joined Gas chat once, after fighting myself filling in the application stating how long I've been supporting them. I got over that bit and was soon banned. Now I just follow the occasional link to the entertainment.

Same here. Their mods are super sensitive regarding supporters of other clubs. Probably because there's so much material (not just the tents). See. Too easy.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Red_Alligator said:

Same here. Their mods are super sensitive regarding supporters of other clubs. Probably because there's so much material (not just the tents). See. Too easy.

They have what they deserve. Some on our own site shout down those that criticise the club, a dangerous situation if nobody publicly holds the club to account.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Red_Alligator said:

I joined the old Gas forum about 10 years ago, made ONE post consisting of two words just after they were relegated back to L2 and was immediately banned.

”Oh Yes!”

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Robin 1