IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

13 hours ago, chinapig said:

According to the Totally Football League Show there was a bust up because Tisdale didn't have the final say on recruitment (sound familiar?).

Allegedly he wanted to sign Stockley from Preston but was overruled.

I understand that Tisdale wanted to bring in (ironically)  Andy Tilson on a part time basis to do some coaching but that was also overruled.

3 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

The five largest transfer fees paid out by clubs who are now in League One look like this...

13.6m - Sunderland 

13m - Hull City 

12m - Bolton Wanderers 

11m - Portsmouth 

6.5m - Coventry City and Wigan Athletic 

(six other teams in L1 have spent more than £1m on a player)

In stark contrast, AFC Wimbledon’s highest transfer stands at £25,000

Coventry arent in League 1 though.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

They must have a set of accounts falling due soon.

30/06/21

That's when they are due which make up dealing up until June 20, they won't see the full impact on their finances (us included) until next year's accounts,

Where as we know our wealthy owner will bail us out (efl rules permitted) we will finally see waels true commitment to the club

22 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

According to Google it is, £375K in 1992. 

Fun fact:

If the Sags were to splash out the same money for a Tilson today, according to the bank of England inflation calculator, the equivalent of 375k in 92 is 793k in 2020.

So even with inflation they still haven't spent a million. 

Basically, a Tilson then is worth slightly more than a Sammie Szmodics now. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

30/06/21

That's when they are due which make up dealing up until June 20, they won't see the full impact on their finances (us included) until next year's accounts,

Where as we know our wealthy owner will bail us out (efl rules permitted) we will finally see waels true commitment to the club

He converted a load of debt to equity a few months ago.

With his new found (inherited) wealth he is actually now supporting them, albeit on a lesser scale, in the same way that the Lansdown family supports us.

Back in the days of family ownership it did look like sale or asset stripping was highly likely but now their accounts, like ours, are pretty much a non-event because whatever the losses they are covered.

The only real financial interest IMO is whether Wael both has, and is prepared to invest, sufficient to buy them a new stadium and we won't learn that from the accounts.

All we have left to laugh at now are Joey Barton and their league placing.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

With his new found (inherited) wealth he is actually now supporting them, albeit on a lesser scale, in the same way that the Lansdown family supports us.

Back in the days of family ownership it did look like sale or asset stripping was highly likely but now their accounts, like ours, are pretty much a non-event because whatever the losses they are covered.

The only real financial interest IMO is whether Wael both has, and is prepared to invest, sufficient to buy them a new stadium and we won't learn that from the accounts.

How much is he worth though with the inheritance . As we all know, football especially the lower leagues is a financial vacuum 

8 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

How much is he worth though with the inheritance . As we all know, football especially the lower leagues is a financial vacuum 

For starters: I don't know.

However his willingness to take up more equity and keep finding the club through Covid on top of his initial investment means in my estimation that he is already into the red in terms of how much he could realise on sale of club or ground compared to how much has gone into the club including the initial purchase.

My guesstimate would be that he is £10m out of pocket and in order to be able to tolerate that and not put the club up for sale he must be worth at least £100m or he would be sweating bullets.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

For starters: I don't know.

However his willingness to take up more equity and keep finding the club through Covid on top of his initial investment means in my estimation that he is already into the red in terms of how much he could realise on sale of club or ground compared to how much has gone into the club including the initial purchase.

My guesstimate would be that he is £10m out of pocket and in order to be able to tolerate that and not put the club up for sale he must be worth at least £100m or he would be sweating bullets.

Shame his dad died !

51 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

1.7 mil was converted

It's shown on companies house

Edited by Monkeh

1 hour ago, Midlands Robin said:

Fun fact:

If the Sags were to splash out the same money for a Tilson today, according to the bank of England inflation calculator, the equivalent of 375k in 92 is 793k in 2020.

So even with inflation they still haven't spent a million. 

Basically, a Tilson then is worth slightly more than a Sammie Szmodics now. 

Who we sold for a profit! #SMUG

To be fair, Tilson was decent.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Jim Davey said:

they nearly finished their new ground down at the fruit market yet ,thought the man from del nomoney said it will be finished in 2 years.

Just putting the finishing touches to it, fitting out the changing rooms and that sort of thing I imagine.

Fair play to them, it`s almost as if no work has been going on at all and there`s been no disruption in the area for a project of that size. Well done all - I for one am looking forward to a pre-season friendly over there for their grand opening.

I imagine it will put Ashton Gate to shame.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Just putting the finishing touches to it, fitting out the changing rooms and that sort of thing I imagine.

Fair play to them, it`s almost as if no work has been going on at all and there`s been no disruption in the area for a project of that size. Well done all - I for one am looking forward to a pre-season friendly over there for their grand opening.

I imagine it will put Ashton Gate to shame.

Latest stand images

F72B7172-65AD-48E6-A805-F077F323642F.jpeg

F6F42677-E3BF-49E5-B0A0-51E1C02F6A33.jpeg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jim Davey said:

they nearly finished their new ground down at the fruit market yet ,thought the man from del nomoney said it will be finished in 2 years.

Couldn’t help but notice the beautiful Sky-Dweller Nigel Pearson was wearing on his wrist in the post match interview yesterday.

Makes Wallys watch look like a Casio.

Mind the Gap.