IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

2 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Surely Sunderland love the fewers so much they`ll just roll over won`t they? The oddballs over the river keep telling us how wonderful the Mackems think they are.

I think that love affair has gone a bit sour in recent times.

Slagheads were bitching about something or other the last time they played? 

In turn Sunderland fans found out that Slagheads were cheating on them by sucking up to Ipswich fans, telling them how much they’ve always admired their club, how they shouldn’t be in L1, “wot about us, aren’t we nicer than da shit?” etc.

The usual cringy ass kissing.

Needy, dickless simps.

• Haha 3
  • Flames 1

On 12/03/2021 at 01:05, wendyredredrobin said:

He was asking why his girlfriend's knickers had a label marked C&A last week (actually may have been his sister's).

Many years ago (50?), my sister joked that the reason her knickers were labelled C&A was so she knew which way round to wear them.

It took me several years before I understood the joke.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

5 minutes ago, HitchinRed said:

Given the rising cost of garden furniture and the amount of stock held at the Memorial ‘stadium’, his will have doubled the value of the ground. 

Great news for Waël if he is looking to cash in.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-56357221

Ah, the long game at it`s finest. He`ll corner the market at top prices and voila, a new stadium is built.

Or not.

2 hours ago, 22A said:

To the current inhabitants of the Mem, remember you don't know what you've got till it's gone.

image.png.7bdd384348164afd13b86e3088efe3a3.png

Not a tent to be seen.

Still a mess of ramshackle structures though. In that respect, similar to todays mess of ramshackle structures. That's just what they're used to and deserving of.

• Hmmm 1

3 hours ago, 22A said:

To the current inhabitants of the Mem, remember you don't know what you've got till it's gone.

Not a tent to be seen.

I beg to differ. Top centre of picture a collection of big tops. The Gas are never that far from a tented encampment or perhaps even a circus!

On 13/03/2021 at 17:08, Lanterne Rouge said:

That was on paper their easiest game left and they couldn`t win it. With Burton pulling away now it`s any four from six I reckon.

Please let it happen!

Well they've got managerless Charlton tomorrow. So I expect they will hoping for a win, whilst a victory for Charlton would put them in play off contention.

Edited by E.G.Red

3 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

The city has always been ours really hasn`t it?

Apart from a few unpopular city centre pubs back in the 70's, yes. The Bank, The Prince Rupert and the Mailcoach. Don't think I've missed any out.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Just out of interest, and because I've never heard this before, why were these pubs considered "Blue". 

From memory the Bank was their main pub in town. The others were just known as places Rovers fans went. The fact they were shitty little unpopular places highlights their insignificance. Obviously they frequented others, but not in any great numbers, unless it was a quiet night. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rich said:

From memory the Bank was their main pub in town. The others were just known as places Rovers fans went. The fact they were shitty little unpopular places highlights their insignificance. Obviously they frequented others, but not in any great numbers, unless it was a quiet night. 

The irony, when describing anything G*s related.....

1 hour ago, Rich said:

Cracking little pub. Only small though which makes sense....

11 hours ago, Rich said:

Apart from a few unpopular city centre pubs back in the 70's, yes. The Bank, The Prince Rupert and the Mailcoach. Don't think I've missed any out.

Plus the Sceptre, (Baldwin St, near Bristol Bridge, and for a while the Assize Courts, till we had that as well. 

Edited by Nicki's soulmate

On 14/03/2021 at 16:51, 22A said:

Not a tent to be seen.

Used to hate that gert lump on the stand on the right that I think if I remember was the reporters place