IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 hour ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

oh bloody hell best fan base behind Sunderland and Portsmouth in league one apparently hahaha. I never hear any other fans say shit like that.

Oooooh - don’t forget in the recent past they have compared their away followings to Liverpool, and their fanbase to Sunderland, West Ham, Wolves and Blackburn and they have said they are a bigger club than Norwich - the script writes itself ... ???

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Ska Junkie said:

I watched the 2nd half. I understand the gash were better in the first 45 but that second half was dog shit bad.

They really are terrible.

The kiddie that scored Charltons 3rd looked half decent, certainly at that level anyway.

The kiddie is 28

• Thanks 1

Interesting to see the total lifetime aggregate attendance figures between

http://european-football-statistics.co.uk/attnclub/league/brir.htm - 19,682,341 <- Fewers

and 

http://european-football-statistics.co.uk/attnclub/league/bric.htm - 31,006,882 <- City

Their average seasonal aggregate over the last 5 years is around 207K fans - if we stopped attending it would take them 54 (FIFTY FOUR!) seasons to catch up

You can really see why they think they are our equals in fanbase terms,

• Like 4
  • Haha 3
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, weepywall said:

The last time they played in the 2nd tier which was 1993 ?? they had an average of 5700, presume that was Twerton and they really think that now they would get 3 or 4 times that amount, deluded is an understatement ?‍♂️

Is it really that long ago they last played 2nd tier football?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Alan Dicks said:

Is it really that long ago they last played 2nd tier football?

Yep, John Major was Prime Minister & I was still (just) in my 20s, I had my vaccine jab at the home of football last week on age (55+) grounds, so that’s how long ago it was.

Makes me laugh when their fans comment on the standard at Championship level (saw one saying there was little difference between it & L1), as if they would ever know.

They’re an irrelevance now, never see anyone wearing their shirts & bump along as a bottom six third division side in a tented village.

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, CiderJar said:

Back in the days when they averaged 18 k, cough.

image.thumb.jpeg.0e7b1c2b1b9f0a21773065060fe3ac04.jpeg

That is just about where I stood as Martyn Hirst slotted the winner in 1983. I ended up somewhere completely different mind. Best game ever.

Yeah I used to stand about there during the glory years, when Eastville used to attract decent crowds.

You can almost hear the roar of the crowd and smell the methanol, getting showered with shail from the track; Crump, Gresham, Langli et al hurtling round the bends on those crazy bikes with no brakes. 

Happy days. 

• Like 3
  • Flames 1

On 16/03/2021 at 08:24, reddoh said:

Anchor Hotel former Tram termius

The plough (only pub to Ask me my age (I lied))

Horseshoe smallest of the 3

don't remember any of them being Gas or City 

I don’t think any of them were considered solely G*s pubs as they were all frequented by lots of us RR & BAe apprentices (from homes across the city) from the RR college down the hill - plus a few students from Filton Tech opposite the Anchor during the week.
Weekends may have been a different story. 

Edited by Red DNA

49 minutes ago, CiderJar said:

That is just about where I stood as Martyn Hirst slotted the winner in 1983. I ended up somewhere completely different mind. Best game ever.

I was the one stood on the railings in front of you then!

Miss the terracing!

Seen it all now. Some Fewer on their site posted a clear picture of the Charlton player in an "OFFSIDE" position, yards offside too, as the BRISTOL ROVERS player headed it to him to score the winner. Disgraceful and proof that officials are against Joey Barton. Tbf one or two over there do have enough brainpower to understand the rules and did point out the totally obvious.............

• Haha 3

45 minutes ago, City Rocker said:

Yeah I used to stand about there during the glory years, when Eastville used to attract decent crowds.

You can almost hear the roar of the crowd and smell the methanol, getting showered with shail from the track; Crump, Gresham, Langli et al hurtling round the bends on those crazy bikes with no brakes. 

Happy days. 

Don't forget Boocock, Leadbitter,Farnish etc.

1 hour ago, CiderJar said:

Why are they socially distancing?

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Seen it all now. Some Fewer on their site posted a clear picture of the Charlton player in an "OFFSIDE" position, yards offside too, as the BRISTOL ROVERS player headed it to him to score the winner. Disgraceful and proof that officials are against Joey Barton. Tbf one or two over there do have enough brainpower to understand the rules and did point out the totally obvious.............

The numpty is a forum moderator too....

FB8814E3-D0C7-476B-91F8-55FE6E9ACA74.jpeg

• Haha 1
  • Hmmm 1

13 minutes ago, TomF said:

Ah would make sense.  I did find a website with some sort of collection of photos of Eastville.  Look at the crowds for the last ever game v Chesterfield, must be at least 50k http://bristolroversmemorabilia.weebly.com/eastville-stadium-22294252.html

They had an average of just over 5k that season with the lowest gate being 2,761.

The highest was 12,957 which I assume was against City or their last game at Eastville.

Pathetic either way.