IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

Cant believe they are still not in the relegation zone.  Some piss poor teams at the bottom - But still ever hopeful that history repeats itself for those bar stewards - Lets Remember the Mansfield game -and all the other results on that fateful last game of the season - COYR

16 minutes ago, cidercity said:
image.thumb.png.4e956268c9c7cda3b20b26a6b481c598.png

I thought for a second old Dirt Dogg was taking the piss but the more i look at it the more i think he is serious.

These belters are one on their own.

What is it they say about being careful what you post online, Andy? I am sure there are algorithms out there that could have a field day with your name, interest in Course Dawn Motorcycle shoes, Mevaagissey harbour and all things Bristol Football. :) 

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

What is it they say about being careful what you post online, Andy? I am sure there are algorithms out there that could have a field day with your name, interest in Course Dawn Motorcycle shoes, Mevaagissey harbour and all things Bristol Football. :) 

Oh yeah didn't notice that, old people and technology eh.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, cidercity said:
image.thumb.png.4e956268c9c7cda3b20b26a6b481c598.png

I thought for a second old Dirt Dogg was taking the piss but the more i look at it the more i think he is serious.

These belters are one on their own.

Edge Chrome & Internet Explorer argghhh that gives me anxiety

5 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

Hehe. Hilarious.

OTIB on one of the tabs. #obsessed

6 hours ago, big dosser said:

as are season is pretty much over,i have decided to follow Rochdale, the dons,northamton and wigan.for the life of me and cant work out why?

Just not me then :laugh: I use Flashscore and put in the games that matter in my games list. Keep going crossed eyed staring at the screen willing that little red blob to appear. Couldn't believe Rochdale going 3-2 up then.....:sad26:

Still think the SAGS will survive which pains me to say, but there are some really dog shite teams down there with them :(

35 minutes ago, Swede said:

Not football related but I was astonished to hear Barton 63754 publicly criticise his captain, basically saying he's got issues and isn't captain material 

Which is exactly what you expect from the leader off the pitch to say to the leader on the pitch...

IN OPPOSITE-UPSIDE-DOWN-LAND.

• Haha 2

Speaking about Rovers' (now ex)-Captain:

The Rovers boss has crossed paths with Ehmer before. The Germany-born defender came through the ranks at Queens Park Rangers, where Barton was captain.

"For me, it’s a common theme," the manager said. "Don’t forget I’ve known Max from when I was at QPR. He was training with us when he was 20 and the observations of him then haven’t changed much to the observations of the player I’ve found now.

"That is worrying in that period of time, seven, eight or nine years, if you’re still making the same mistakes.

Barton believes Ehmer was not the appropriate choice to wear the armband – though the manager says he is committed to "building him back up".

"Captain when we came in, and I just don’t understand that," Barton said.

"How can that be the leader, the person you set out as the head of your organisation, as the head of your troops?

"He’s got a lot of work to do, the boy. We’ve got to build him back up and it’s not straightforward, and, as I say, I can only help people who want to help themselves.

"I’m here to do the fans proud, to do the owner proud, to do the city proud, and unfortunately there’s going to be collateral damage along the way.

"If you don’t help yourself, you’re not going to be staying on this ship long. You’re going to be getting thrown overboard.

bristol.live

MORE ON

• Like 1

8 hours ago, bristolmoose said:

Top notch under-bus throwing there, mind.

6 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

The Rovers boss has crossed paths with Ehmer before. The Germany-born defender came through the ranks at Queens Park Rangers, where Barton was captain.

"For me, it’s a common theme," the manager said. "Don’t forget I’ve known Max from when I was at QPR. He was training with us when he was 20 and the observations of him then haven’t changed much to the observations of the player I’ve found now.

"That is worrying in that period of time, seven, eight or nine years, if you’re still making the same mistakes.

Barton believes Ehmer was not the appropriate choice to wear the armband – though the manager says he is committed to "building him back up".

"How can that be the leader, the person you set out as the head of your organisation, as the head of your troops?

"He’s got a lot of work to do, the boy. We’ve got to build him back up and it’s not straightforward, and, as I say, I can only help people who want to help themselves.

"I’m here to do the fans proud, to do the owner proud, to do the city proud, and unfortunately there’s going to be collateral damage along the way.

"If you don’t help yourself, you’re not going to be staying on this ship long. You’re going to be getting thrown overboard.

That's not just throwing him under the bus, that is then loading it up and hopping in the driver seat to drive over him repeatedly!

One would suggest that the player in question is likely to be sold* come the summer and has probably (luckily for him) played his last game for them.

*I doubt very much there will be a fee involved for a player deemed not good enough for them though.

Edited by cityal

1 hour ago, cityal said:

That's not just throwing him under the bus, that is then loading it up and hopping in the driver seat to drive over him repeatedly!

I suppose JB's comments about his now ex-Captain make Lee Johnson's comments about Taylor Moore and Hordue Magnússon look quite tame in comparison.

Not seen a player called out like that since, i don't know when.

Big gamble doing it publicly. It certainly sounds like his Rovers career is done whilst Barton is in charge.

And to think he was something of a high profile signing for them. Probably one of their higher earners as well.

8 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

bristol.live

MORE ON

Quote by Axegas (Moderator), July 2020:

“Fabulous signing, not often do Rovers sign one of the statistically highest rated players in their position in the division. We’re going to have a really solid defence next year with Jaakkola, Ehmer, Baldwin, Kilgour, Hare all back there, all that’s needed now are some attackers to give us some edge up front and we’re in for a good season.”

• Haha 6

11 minutes ago, Banned User said:

Not surprising seeing Barton throw his players under the bus in public. His start to his manager career at the swamp is as pathetic as the other 2. And he cannot be blamed and see’s himself as some sort of managerial genius and is deflecting the blame onto his players. Yes his players are shit but the manager is always accountable to. But as long as he mentions how brilliant the Gasheads are they will love him . That’s how pathetic and needy they are. Him and rovers suit each other. Cretins the lot of them 

Edited by Red Army 75
  • Like 1

If anyone fancies reading the views of some ass licking hypocrites who now think Barton is God...here you go.

https://gaschat.co.uk/thread/14679/joey-barton-charged

https://gaschat.co.uk/thread/14205/joey-barton?page=1

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

If anyone fancies reading the views of some ass licking hypocrites who now think Barton is God...here you go.

https://gaschat.co.uk/thread/14679/joey-barton-charged

https://gaschat.co.uk/thread/14205/joey-barton?page=1

I couldn't ,I've just had my breakfast and I don't want to see it again !