IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

3 minutes ago, HoldenBall said:

That is true, but they always seem to steal and scrounge their way out of most situations.

What was it one year they finished in the bottom two in division four, but only one team went down.. and then the season after they introduced the rule of two teams going down.. It's just in their nature to squirm their way out of most situations... 

And blame someone else when it doesn't... 

Edited by I'm Sparti-Bob

14 minutes ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

The Gaseous Run in:

Sunderland (H)

Ipswich (A)

Donny (H)

Northampton (A)

Lincoln (H)

MK Dons (H)

Pompey (A)

Crewe (H)

Blackpool (A)

So after their big dip in form, they can celebrate relegation with a ride on the Big Dipper.

Thatchers don't do theme parks, but if they did.....

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Weird I never knew rovers first entry to league 2 (old division 3) came in 2000! I started watching in 98 but always assumed they had been bouncing around down there for years before.

Nope. Up until then they’d been the most mediocre team in English football - only ever being in the middle two divisions in about 80 years

Now they’ve moved from being mediocre to shit. And it’s glorious.

• Haha 3

So they blame the last 3 managers ineptitude as well as the players but they just can’t see that the problem is and always has been Wally!

I can’t see them flukeing their way out of relegation and they are that bad they will struggle in L2 

As one of them said on Gaschat, why would anyone want to go to the Mem post lockdown and watch that crap in a ramshackle stadium and in L2 en route to the National league

15 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

We both know football doesn't work like that (well, at least 9 times out of 10 it doesn't...  :pray:). 

It did in the “Colin Daniel” season..

You don’t have to follow that level too closely to realise they are effing awful, they drew with Wigan when they had to put out a youth side, then under Barton they lost at home to them, drew at home to Wimbledon when they were bottom, lost on Saturday to Plymouth (who had lost their previous 5) & now Swindon have done the double over them.

Barton has lost 7 out of his 10 games in charge, 7 points from 30 is not relegation form, it is 24th place form.

Edited by GrahamC

7 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Thank you Rovers, I knew I  could rely on you.

I was given my notice today after working through lockdown so needed cheering up.

???

Sorry to hear that mate! My company did exactly the same to me. Hoping you find something even better ?

• Like 4