IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

13 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

3 teams below the fewers all have games in hand. Wimbledon having 2. They don’t win tonight they are in deeeeep shit

We're playing very slightly better as well. And not too bad a run-in. I think we've got half a chance of getting ourselves out of the shit again. Unfortunately - for the Dons - I think Northampton are going to do better than the rest of the following pack and are more likely to pull themselves out of it. Whether one or, fingers crossed, both of us - Dons and Cobblers - get out of the relegation zone, it's obviously bad news for Rovers.

• Like 3
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, Galley is our king said:

Why?

I'm loving it!

They are a pox on Bristol, along with the Kill the Bill protesters, but our own form is pretty much diabolical too, losing at home 6 on the trot, Brum, Rotherham etc, IF we were in a postion to mock, fair enough, but we are not.

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Yellow&Blue&Red said:

We're playing very slightly better as well. And not too bad a run-in. I think we've got half a chance of getting ourselves out of the shit again. Unfortunately - for the Dons - I think Northampton are going to do better than the rest of the following pack and are more likely to pull themselves out of it. Whether one or, fingers crossed, both of us - Dons and Cobblers - get out of the relegation zone, it's obviously bad news for Rovers.

Hoping the Dons stay up. Rovers and Swindon to get relegated.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Can't imagine Wally is too happy playing his version of Football Manager at the moment.

Not when it is costing him hard cash.

Guess the reason why he never held a senior role in the family banking business is now starting to dawn on the fewers. He might have access to cash, but not the ability to earn or generate it.

He'll soon get bored as having a lower league football club relegated, that play in tented stadium isn't going to do anything for his FIFA ambitions.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Yellow&Blue&Red said:

Fair play for contributing £££ to this site despite not being a City fan???

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

I can't see any odds about Gash NOT getting relegated , I want a big saver on that, if anyone can find a book ?:fingerscrossed:

Me too. In 2011 I spoke to William Hill and asked them to give me odds for the Gas to stay up when they were in a similar position.

Managed to get 5/1 (admittedly I think Gas were actually bottom of the table and a point or two further adrift but still in touch of 5th from bottom). 

Best £100 I’ve ever lost ?

46 minutes ago, Blackbird1 said:

Us mocking Rovers  position, is frankly embarrassing.

Ahh, then this thread isn’t for you.

Off you pop, good lad.

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan
  • Like 9
  • Haha 6

23 minutes ago, Blackbird1 said:

They are a pox on Bristol, along with the Kill the Bill protesters, but our own form is pretty much diabolical too, losing at home 6 on the trot, Brum, Rotherham etc, IF we were in a postion to mock, fair enough, but we are not.

Our home form is diabolical, our away form clearly isn't diabolical under Pearson whereas the Few are just diabolical full stop. Those six teams at the bottom of League 1 would struggle to reach 10 points if you put them in the Championship and that's not an exaggeration (I accept we are talking different budgets entirely for most of those sides but the Fewers wage budget seems to at least be on a par with Wycombe and not hugely below Rotherham).

It's good, old fashioned rivalry and they aren't shy in dishing it out and when you add the complete delusion, lies and hypocrisy (a.k.a. #gaslogic) that gets spouted over there they deserve everything they get from us!!

• Like 3
  • Flames 1

3 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Can't imagine Wally is too happy playing his version of Football Manager at the moment.

Not when it is costing him hard cash.

Seems ok with it according to that pounder Barton.

Talking about ‘the great reset’ by all in his post match interview by all accounts ?

34 minutes ago, Blackbird1 said:

If you think that I’m not going to mercilessly rub their noses in it IF they get relegated just because we lost to Rotherham in a division they haven’t been in for 3 decades then you’re very much mistaken mate. ?

• Like 7
  • Haha 3
  • Flames 1

3 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Talking about ‘the great reset’ by all in his post match interview by all accounts ?

Otherwise known as ' could the last person out of the door please switch the lights off'.

We can hope can't we? ;)

OTIB

10 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

This is the latest rope that the Few are hanging onto now. Fair play to Barton, whether you love or loathe his personality, he's not as stupid as some people think and knows exactly what he's dealing with up there both in terms of Board and particularly the fans. He's got them on strings and persuaded many of them that if the drop happens (which they seem to have broadly accepted) there's no problem and this "big reset" is going to be the beginning of domestic football domination by Horfield FC. Making statements like "we will get this done" is all you have to do up there because their fanbase simply don't have the bollocks to look at things realistically and question whether what is being promised is actually deliverable. All you have to do is make the promise and if you get found out 12 months down the line so be it. Of course, if he gets sent down in the summer then they really do have a problem.

Edited by Numero Uno

3 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

This is the latest rope that the Few are hanging onto now. Fair play to Barton, whether you love or loathe his personality, he's not as stupid as some people think and knows exactly what he's dealing with up there both in terms of Board and particularly the fans. He's got them on strings and persuaded many of them that if the drop happens (which they seem to have broadly accepted) there's no problem and this "big reset" is going to be the beginning of domestic football domination by Horfield FC. Making statements like "we will get this done" is all you have to do up there because their fanbase simply don't have the bollocks to look at things realistically and question whether what is being promised is actually achievable. All you have to do is make the promise and if you get found out 12 months down the line so be it. Of course, if he gets sent down in the summer then they really do have a problem.

Haha. I think he will be sent down in more ways than one ?

34 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Our home form is diabolical, our away form clearly isn't diabolical under Pearson whereas the Few are just diabolical full stop. Those six teams at the bottom of League 1 would struggle to reach 10 points if you put them in the Championship and that's not an exaggeration (I accept we are talking different budgets entirely for most of those sides but the Fewers wage budget seems to at least be on a par with Wycombe and not hugely below Rotherham).

It's good, old fashioned rivalry and they aren't shy in dishing it out and when you add the complete delusion, lies and hypocrisy (a.k.a. #gaslogic) that gets spouted over there they deserve everything they get from us!!

There should come a time when some should stop obsessing over them, to keep banging on about them shows they get under your skin. They are not our rivals, they used to be but not anymore, his sort of tribal post code thing seems to prevent us moving forward.

I admit though to find it entertaining in their demise, but the other part of me thinks there a lot of other good Bristol folk who are completely down over this, and I could never laugh in their faces over that. 

2 minutes ago, Blackbird1 said:

There should come a time when some should stop obsessing over them, to keep banging on about them shows they get under your skin. They are not our rivals, they used to be but not anymore, his sort of tribal post code thing seems to prevent us moving forward.

I admit though to find it entertaining in their demise, but the other part of me thinks there a lot of other good Bristol folk who are completely down over this, and I could never laugh in their faces over that. 

Of course they are.

Just now, Blackbird1 said:

Most people come on this topic when there is little going on at "our end" in the main, usually for a bit of fun. So in an international break when little is coming out of the club (understandably) and the Few slip into the relegation zone you are going to have a higher volume of traffic than normal which is precisely what has happened. The only thing that has prevented this club moving forwards is poor decision making at Board and Owner level and certainly not any "Banter" we have with the Few. It's an argument that does not stand up to any scrutiny as it has no impact whatsoever on the way our club is run.

I would suggest that if roles were reversed we would get it coming our way a lot worse than we dish out tbh..........far worse.

53 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Thought that was when they were relegated to division 5? Was it not the best thing that could have happened to them according to their deluded rabble?

So by that account, should it not be the great resetting of the reset?