IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

22 hours ago, Brann-red said:

Oh my word you’ve just stirred up a memory of how the school hard nut,  at the time , sought me out as I wore my city scarf in to school, the day after that result,  and I promptly got a kick in .. 

apparently he was a gas head but I never knew .. everyone else seemed to be from then on in,  so as not to get on his wrong side .. 

still don’t regret wearing the scarf in now as I knew we’d come good  !!

ha ha simpsons GIF

This the fella ?

Edited by Major Isewater

I have enjoyed the responses especially from Slarti and Gert; to put the record straight for some weirdos (LJ fan club?, what really?) i have been a city fans (home and away for 50 yrs and even though never living IN Bristol, I enjoy their demise as much as the next Red.

NLBR was one of the best years of my life and their return via pens v Grimsby one of the worst days in recent memories, football wise.

I dont know a gashead, i never see a gashead and i want to see them NL again; i suspect they will go down bottom which was my post - what position do you predict they will finish and what chance FGR become the 2nd team to BCFC in this vicinity?

• Like 3

13 hours ago, fgrsimon said:

:laugh:

"HMS Piss the League is pretty much at the bottom of the ocean."

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/joey-barton-wael-bristol-rovers-5222982

“If I could go in today and cut surgically the cancer that’s running throughout the club out, I would. But I can’t because I need a period of time and a transfer window to do that, but it doesn’t mean I don’t understand the root of the problem that it all stems from.”

This quote from Jaily Barton stood out for me: “If I could go in today and cut surgically the cancer that’s running throughout the club out, I would. But I can’t because I need a period of time and a transfer window to do that, but it doesn’t mean I don’t understand the root of the problem that it all stems from.”

It’s not clear what he means exactly but saying he needs a transfer window to cut out their ‘cancer’ sounds like he’s referring to the players. What a lovely bloke.

7 minutes ago, BrightCiderLife said:

“If I could go in today and cut surgically the cancer that’s running throughout the club out, I would. But I can’t because I need a period of time and a transfer window to do that, but it doesn’t mean I don’t understand the root of the problem that it all stems from.”

This quote from Jaily Barton stood out for me: “If I could go in today and cut surgically the cancer that’s running throughout the club out, I would. But I can’t because I need a period of time and a transfer window to do that, but it doesn’t mean I don’t understand the root of the problem that it all stems from.”

It’s not clear what he means exactly but saying he needs a transfer window to cut out their ‘cancer’ sounds like he’s referring to the players. What a lovely bloke.

And accuse Tisdale and Garner of being incompetent. Nothing his fault.

So its today that the Johnson express comes into town, with Lee obviously breathing a sigh of relief that he doesn't have to brave the hate filled gasheads in their tents. 

I have seen a couple of posts that suggest that, even in a game like this, some City fans would prefer to see Sunderland lose, such is the deep seated hatred of him.

I'd like to suggest a scenario that would appease all sides. Sunderland win at a canter, even showboating in the last 10 minutes Joey Barton, incensed by what he sees as a deliberate slight at his management,  confronts LJ and lays him out. A mass brawl ensues with several red cards being brandished.

Joey is last seen being bundled into the back of a black maria shouting expletives in a barely intelligible scouse accent. 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, BrightCiderLife said:

Sounds like a psychotic victorian surgeon to me.

53 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Always been a massive fan of Lee Johnson and his style of football. Don’t let us down today Lee. 

Come on your* Mackems!

*unfortunate typo - but I’ll leave it in. 

I'm almost considering purchasing an ifollow stream so I don't miss any of the action. And I'm looking forward to the radio bristol post match calls already.

Just now, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

He’s such a good fit for those maggots.

Always someone else’s fault...

Well, we know it's not the recruitment. The guy in charge of recruitment said it had been good, and it wasn't his fault...

Oh , wait. I'm spotting a theme ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

Like I say, whatever you think of Barton he has literally manoeuvred himself into a position where he can get relegated with no threat to his job and no real negative vibes from fans. Nothing that may go wrong from hereon in until the start of next season can possibly be Joey Barton's fault. He has that lot on strings - 100%.

The continual throwing of other people under the bus will grate on them in the end until he loses his job eventually.

On 24/03/2021 at 21:33, 77 punk said:

i think buying matty taylor was the best thing we ever did to hurt rovers, they had got promoted twice and were around the play offs in january when we bought him . he had scored about 15 goals and with 4 months left in the season could have helped them into the play offs.

The best thing about that is they actually convinced themselves that the "rosy cheeked lady garden" only bought him for us to stop them coming up. They still have that going around in their tiny minds. One of the best things we have ever done, and just mention 'that' pass to Korey and they really, really hate it.

On 24/03/2021 at 21:55, nickolas said:

Exactly this!! Non league ref bottled the obvious red card as it was early in the game. 
The certainly wouldve had a harder time with ten men. 
I almost think they’d have never come back if they hadnt had come up first time. 

They would still have won due to the 122,000 Gas fans roaring them on.

My god he is throwing the previous managers under a bus and ruining any future careers. If I was Tisdale I would be onto a lawyer for slander.

Whatever has gone before me has been negligent. If they were doctors, they should certainly be struck off for what’s gone on here before, but we can’t do anything about that.

1 hour ago, freezer said:

Just did a posh shop at Waitrose. 

Absolutely disgusted that they have an express checkout of their own! 

Then again, you can't blame the store for wanting to get any sags out of there as soon as possible. 

Screenshot_20210327_122655_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

Most of us count the number in our basket using our fingers/thumbs.....for some that’s a problem ?

Edited by italian dave

4 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

So its today that the Johnson express comes into town, with Lee obviously breathing a sigh of relief that he doesn't have to brave the hate filled gasheads in their tents. 

I have seen a couple of posts that suggest that, even in a game like this, some City fans would prefer to see Sunderland lose, such is the deep seated hatred of him.

I'd like to suggest a scenario that would appease all sides. Sunderland win at a canter, even showboating in the last 10 minutes Joey Barton, incensed by what he sees as a deliberate slight at his management,  confronts LJ and lays him out. A mass brawl ensues with several red cards being brandished.

Joey is last seen being bundled into the back of a black maria shouting expletives in a barely intelligible scouse accent. 

Surely you mean an authentic French accent from the bi-lingual Mr. Barton?

• Hmmm 1

We're all Mackems today, irrespective of who's in charge of them, LJ or not. Must be particularly galling for the Fewers tho, given their massive love in with the Mackems last time they went up there....after all, the Fewers are the Mackems 2nd favourite team, right?