IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

I had choice of feed's on my iptv and chose the gash one for a laugh, the comms are by guys who are something to do with a podcast? The doom in their voices in the dying seconds after what looked like a pen to them BUT ref gave Sland a free kick t'other way was brilliant, just wish I could have recorded it. Priceless, going about bad luck, poor ref's etc etc etc, could almost hear them cry. They were so lacking in quality , the big guy up front did one good turn and that is the only bit of quality I saw, and even that wasn't great. 

Go back a while when they were genuine rivals and most fans knew both starting 11's of the Bristol clubs, I genuinely had no idea about most of their team.

They really do believe they are going down, the n'hampton game is massive for them if they are to have any chance. fingers crossed they **** it right up.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Lew-T said:

3 managerial changes to add to the financial mess. I can’t see Barton staying down in L2...

They must still be paying off Alf Garnett and Tisdale but I wonder if Cockman is still getting paid - he left for a better job so probably not.

Their only hope to avoid further payoffs to Barton is that he loses the plot and leaves of his own accord - Wally and his chums will try and force that scenario for certain.

I love the guy. His interviews come down to. 

Black cat, everyone is against us, appalling referee again, agenda against us at higher levels, my players are gutless, no fight  they might as well leave, goal was not offside, stonewall Peno etc etc etc

Read NOT MY FAULT. 

SOUNDED JUST LIKE AN LJ INTERVIEW AFTER straight defeats

Luckily Joey had some help between 5 n 6 tonight!

1 hour ago, Sleepy1968 said:

Rovers fan Ash on RB just now:

"I'm looking forward to next season Geoff. There are a few grounds in League Two I haven't visited"

And Geoff Says  "OH Yes you have, you lying deluded bastard HOWEVER during my long pro career I never went to Braintree but you did"

Edited by BRIAN WILSON
  • Haha 1

I tried to listen to the 'game' on Talk Sport 2 whilst driving down from the North this afternoon.  I gave it my best shot but had to eventually switch to Radio 4 Extra as the commentary left me completely perplexed.  No matter what names the commentator was saying had possession of the football, I just didn't have a clue as to which team they played for.  Totally impossible to enjoy for me, mind.  

?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

They must still be paying off Alf Garnett and Tisdale but I wonder if Cockman is still getting paid - he left for a better job so probably not.

Their only hope to avoid further payoffs to Barton is that he loses the plot and leaves of his own accord - Wally and his chums will try and force that scenario for certain.

The more you listen to Barton the worse he is sounding. He seems to be unraveling a bit. Fortunately for him the roasters up North lap it up and he really does have a free pass for now. He’s done ‘em like a kipper. However lose two or three more on the spin and I could see him saying “I can’t do anything with this lot” and walking. Enjoy your topside ?

• Like 3

Ben Garner - 34 games in charge. Won 6, Drawn 8, Lost 20.

Paul Tisdale - 19 games in charge. Won 5, drawn 3, Lost 11.

Joey Barton - 10 games in charge. Won 2, Drawn 1, Lost 7.

In the 15 months since they were in the top two and Coughlan walked their last 3 managers have won a staggering 13 of the 63 games they've been in charge of. A win rate of 20.6 percent.

Bizarrely, the sags have won as many games since December 2019 as Coughlan lost in the 12 months he was their full time manager.

In summary, they are really, really shit.

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Pricks lost 7 out of his first 10 games. Worse than the other 2 but doesn’t except  any blame whatsoever. Cretin 

And the deluded fools just lap it up.

According to Gaschat reaching the L1 playoffs once with Fleetwood puts him on a par with the top names in the game.

He is banging on about not having a transfer window but I’d be amazed if they don’t have the highest wage bill of that bottom six & so his job is to get results with what he has, not slag off & demoralise them.

He’s taking them back where they belong, they might as well have persevered with Tisdale for all the difference he has made.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

According to Gaschat reaching the L1 playoffs once with Fleetwood puts him on a par with the top names in the game.

He is banging on about not having a transfer window but I’d be amazed if they don’t have the highest wage bill of that bottom six & so his job is to get results with what he has, not slag off & demoralise them.

He’s taking them back where they belong, they might as well have persevered with Tisdale for all the difference he has made.

A neutral listening to him would think he was hoodwinked into accepting the job.

In my 40 Years supporting the Gas we’ve always sold our best striker haven’t spent the money and then relied on finding a new one to take his place by spending peanuts in the hope that it turns out alright.
More often than not it has but the years it hasn’t we’ve been relegated.
37 years supporting Rovers and all four relegations have come from this and I think this will be the 5th because we haven’t found one after the departure of JCH.
That’s what it boils down to.

Blimey, you sad shit - They really really do have a problem with numbers don't they ?

7 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

A neutral listening to him would think he was hoodwinked into accepting the job.

I listened to an interview of his in the week, he seems totally convinced he is one of the best managers around.

Completely deluded, he’s done absolutely nothing & that’s why his next job after Fleetwood was with the blue few, not as LJ got after leaving us, a club with real potential.

Edited by GrahamC
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

According to Gaschat. They are on par with Norwich and Tottenham . Whoppers the lot of them 

• Haha 1