IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

2 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

They must still be paying off Alf Garnett and Tisdale but I wonder if Cockman is still getting paid - he left for a better job so probably not.

Their only hope to avoid further payoffs to Barton is that he loses the plot and leaves of his own accord - Wally and his chums will try and force that scenario for certain.

Cockman no because he left on his own accord. 

But rovers are still potentially paying off Dopey Darrell (his contract runs out in June 2022). They are paying off Alf (June 2022) and Tisdale (June 2023). 

It'll be interesting to see what happens if Barton gets locked up in the summer. Did Wally include a clause in the contract? Or will they also be paying that off. 

37 minutes ago, reddoh said:

Have you got network envy?

@JamesBCFC just to help you out I was using the EE phone advert not the car insurance car advert but you are obviously Confused perhaps you should go to compare the market or failing that have a Hamlet or if you have a bike push it up constitution hill or Whiteladies road and get a loaf of bread.

• Confused 1

This thread is now up to 2400 pages. The same number of pages Jaily Birdon's excuses ran to after the latest defeat for the Rent Boys.

Agent Snakey, Agent Hobbit, Agent Pitman. Have any of their run-in opponents got a player named Ted Ashton? That'd be the final indignity for the Scum...

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, WessexPest said:

This thread is now up to 2400 pages. The same number of pages Jaily Birdon's excuses ran to after the latest defeat for the Rent Boys.

Agent Snakey, Agent Hobbit, Agent Pitman. Have any of their run-in opponents got a player named Ted Ashton? That'd be the final indignity for the Scum...

Can't really see anyone of note (thought Joe Morrell but he's now Luton and not Lincoln), but MK Dons have a centre half called Harry Darling, if he could score against them to send them down, cue the Blackadder line - 'thank you Darling'...!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, TheReds said:

I don't think the question is "will Joey leave", I think it is more "why the hell would Preston want him"? 

Absolutely no chance in my opinion, but I wouldn't mind being proved wrong on this at all.

Why do we want him to leave? He`s doing a wonderful job at the swamp proving he`s even more shit than the last two incompetents they appointed.

#joeymuststay

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

I`m not having that - it shows them getting eight more points. That`s crazy talk!

True!  They have 34 points from 38 games so 0.89 ppg so 7 more points if they keep that form going, so will end with 41.  I think even increasing that ppg to 1 to end on 46 points would mean 12 points from final 8 so 4 wins, never happening with the team they have, and even if it did would 46 be enough, not sure if would although some equally terrible teams down there

Edited by Tinmans Love Child
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, BetterRedthenBlue said:

Cockman no because he left on his own accord. 

But rovers are still potentially paying off Dopey Darrell (his contract runs out in June 2022). They are paying off Alf (June 2022) and Tisdale (June 2023). 

It'll be interesting to see what happens if Barton gets locked up in the summer. Did Wally include a clause in the contract? Or will they also be paying that off. 

That’s not how contracts work in football when a manager gets sacked there is usually a clause to say that they get paid for 1 full year from date of sacking or until they get a new a job! We won’t be still paying Lee Johnson now he’s at Sunderland!

2 minutes ago, hail gus cesaer said:

That’s not how contracts work in football when a manager gets sacked there is usually a clause to say that they get paid for 1 full year from date of sacking or until they get a new a job! We won’t be still paying Lee Johnson now he’s at Sunderland!

So they`re definitely still paying the last two as no-one else has been stupid enough to employ them yet.