IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

16 hours ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

10th April. Cobblers v Gas

I don't feel good about it, but I'll probably be setting aside some more of my city refunds to pay for a couple of Gas streams from now until the end of the season (through the opposition sign ins of course), provided we aren't playing - unless it's a game that could get them relegated).

Yesterday one of the Sunderland commentary duo said "the main stand looks like a horse racing stand". And in the second half pointed out there was "a woman with a dog who'd sneaked in".

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

I don't feel good about it, but I'll probably be setting aside some more of my city refunds to pay for a couple of Gas streams from now until the end of the season (through the opposition sign ins of course), provided we aren't playing - unless it's a game that could get them relegated).

Yesterday one of the Sunderland commentary duo said "the main stand looks like a horse racing stand". And in the second half pointed out there was "a woman with a dog who'd sneaked in".

I definitely approve of signing in via the opposition stream. Whenever Ive seen a Rovers v City game in the past, I paid for the matchday ticket ONLY. Not a single solitary penny toward matchday programme etc

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

Probably felt safe to return now Darrell’s gone. 

• Haha 5

38 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

She probably slipped the gateman a favour to get in...... 

• Haha 1

In six months time (October) it's the 40th anniversary off when we came soooo close to losing City.

Rovers tried getting their hands on Ashton Gate on the cheap and their fans have ever since claimed we should have had to form a new club starting at the bottom of the pyramid and work our way back up.

I've just gone back over the league tables for the last forty seasons; in that time Rovers have finished above City on just EIGHT occasions. This fact alone suggests to me, if not proves, they can not consider themselves our equals or betters.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, BRIAN WILSON said:

Rumours of Barton to Preston - You really couldn't make it up ?

OR is it Preston Prison ?

I don't think Barton is of any interest to Preston.  But hypothetically, were he offered the job, he'd be off like a shot. He can't have many friends over the slags currently and that does not bode well for the short and medium terms. He won't want a relegation on his CV too, which might influence things.  He's increasingly sounding like someone in wayyyyy over his head and he might wanna exit asap. 

Its a no brainer for Barton 67654.

Properly run club with a famous tradition.  A club that looks to stay within its budget & develope its own talent, it has a solid core fan base and a nicely redeveloped stadium.

COMPLETELY the opposite to that shower of sheiks up at tent city.

Plus he gets to move nearer home of his own accord for the time being  rather than somewhere  at her Majesty's pleasure

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, 22A said:

In six months time (October) it's the 40th anniversary off when we came soooo close to losing City.

Rovers tried getting their hands on Ashton Gate on the cheap and their fans have ever since claimed we should have had to form a new club starting at the bottom of the pyramid and work our way back up.

I've just gone back over the league tables for the last forty seasons; in that time Rovers have finished above City on just EIGHT occasions. This fact alone suggests to me, if not proves, they can not consider themselves our equals or betters.

In that forty years, they've tried all sorts to get someone to build them a stadium, or give them some land. Blamed everyone and everything when it's gone wrong and, even formed a political party to fight the local elections in "Bristol", while they were paying the city of Bath their business rates. and blaming Bristol for their troubles. They have also done everything in their power to stop our club moving away from them, from opposing our new stadium, the superstore at AG, furnishing opponents with information, to not supporting the WC bid. They are a stain on our city, as much as those " anarchy type protesters" who choose violence against the authorities. I'd also go as far as to say that, some of those protesters, even looked and dressed like gasheads.

Whenever they bring 1982 up, I always without fail correct them. Even some of our supporters believe we went bankrupt back then. A deal was brokered and accepted by the creditors to "accept" 20p in the pound for outstanding debt. A new company was formed, which took over all assets, except players of worth like Mick Harford and Jan Moller, who were sold to pay those debts. That new company also took over the registration of the football club, so effectively, it was a takeover by a newly formed company. Not too much different than whenever a company gets taken over, which is what I expect will happen to them and, this time the owner will have to swallow their own debts, before selling assets to replace that loss. 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2
  • Flames 1

56 minutes ago, Rich said:

In that forty years, they've tried all sorts to get someone to build them a stadium, or give them some land. Blamed everyone and everything when it's gone wrong and, even formed a political party to fight the local elections in "Bristol", while they were paying the city of Bath their business rates. and blaming Bristol for their troubles. They have also done everything in their power to stop our club moving away from them, from opposing our new stadium, the superstore at AG, furnishing opponents with information, to not supporting the WC bid. They are a stain on our city, as much as those " anarchy type protesters" who choose violence against the authorities. I'd also go as far as to say that, some of those protesters, even looked and dressed like gasheads.

Whenever they bring 1982 up, I always without fail correct them. Even some of our supporters believe we went bankrupt back then. A deal was brokered and accepted by the creditors to "accept" 20p in the pound for outstanding debt. A new company was formed, which took over all assets, except players of worth like Mick Harford and Jan Moller, who were sold to pay those debts. That new company also took over the registration of the football club, so effectively, it was a takeover by a newly formed company. Not too much different than whenever a company gets taken over, which is what I expect will happen to them and, this time the owner will have to swallow their own debts, before selling assets to replace that loss. 

And you just know that, if the same happened to them now, they`ll say it wouldn`t have happened if we had gone bust in 1982 as da famuzzz quarters would have been the only team in the city and would have won the Premier League many, many times in the intervening years. In their tiny deluded minds they`d be up there with Man Utd and Liverpool.

Claiming that would make it the fault of them gurt dirty teds rather than their own incompetence and general shitness.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TomF said:

If it happens to them they’ll never mutter 1982 ever again, even though we set the precedent for other clubs to survive after us… and would be the same process they would use if they fell into admin.  20p in the pound is also a mile away from what modern creditors receive - they’re lucky to get more than 1p 

I bet they would `it`s not the same` they`d splutter and try and find a way to explain why it isn`t. After all, SL is a dirty tax dodger to them despite their own ramshackle collection of tents and patio chairs being owned by a company in the Channel Islands.

Everyone is on the fiddle apart from the loyal and true saintly men from Horfield.

23 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Apparently its all a conspiracy against poor little Rovers and their hard done by, soon to be banged up, manager.

Weapons grade roasters ?

The gift that keeps giving.

Hasn’t taken him long to buy into their DNA of being the poor ‘family club’ victims. I lost count of the amount of points they stole in derbies from us during the late 80’s. They forgot they had at least 7 or 8 years of being complete spawny bastards and that includes their 1990 title winning shower of misfits.

22 hours ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

This sag on Twitter doesn’t think he’ll be swayed by the prospect of Championship football ...

Classic delusional Gashead. Believes his tinpot club is a major attraction even though it’s a cess pit of shite. It’s like trying to convince a tramp that a massive cardboard box is better to sleep in than a bedsit!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 27/03/2021 at 20:26, JonDolman said:

Sunderland fans love LJs Brent like comments. To be fair I always liked that about him. That's how he speaks and he's just being himself. Hope he never changes. Hope he takes them up!

You like someone who doesn't know how to converse properly in English?

Not exactly an attribute. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

On 27/03/2021 at 19:49, Southport Red said:

In fact, quite ‘Trumpian”. Just talk about yourself and how unfair everything is, rather than actual issues. 

The irony is, his players constantly make mistakes yet, somehow, officials aren't allowed to make any. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

His home is in the North West.

PNE have a very nice stadium.

PNE are in the Championship.

PNE appear a very well run club.

Of course he'll stay in a tented swamp, in L2, miles away from home.

BR have very famous quarters 

BR have prowed fans

BR have a chairman with a very nice watch 

BR always have Babestation on the telly 

Why wouldn't he want to stay?

• Haha 1
  • Hmmm 1