IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

Just now, Coombsy said:

Don’t forget the Big protest at the Memorial ground today

some one on ass chat got a bed sheet and paint

but don’t know what to write on it

says it all

Got the sheet straight off his bed.....It's probably to wet to take paint anyway

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

Brilliant.

They are now the GiftAid that keeps on giving.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/joey-barton-bristol-rovers-charity-5263906

Having listened to managers that have experience of going in and changing sinking ships they describe the opposite approach. Go in, build confidence, make it enjoyable in training and every point earned is to be encouraged. It seems Barton is the opposite. 

18 hours ago, dREDful said:

Who gives a ****?!

Got plenty of problems here to laugh at those idiots.

Ignore the the thread then.

I moaned a lot about being tricked into clicking on misleadingly-titled threads about women's football in the Football section but now that there is a single clearly-titled women's football thread it is easy to avoid and I do so.

(Fair play if people are interested in women's football but I'm not)

• Confused 1
  • Hmmm 1

Interesting debate about top 10 hard men in football on BBC Sounds - extremely interesting comments about Barton’s character by Alan Shearer and Micah Richards.

Shearer on Joey Barton

"He played for me for about an hour!

"It was disappointing because we had Nicky Butt and Kevin Nolan in midfield who were great lads, brilliant professionals, but didn't have a lot of legs left. We needed legs in midfield and Joey was injured for the first four games of me being the manager. With four games to go we were due to play Liverpool and I said to him earlier in the week: 'How's things going? You're back training with the first team and I am thinking about putting you in'. He said: 'Yep, don't worry about me. I won't let you down, gaffer.'

Training went really well and I decided to put him in the team. We were getting battered off Liverpool. They hit the post, the bar - it should have been seven or eight nil.

"We lost 3-0 and I was about to take him off with five minutes to go. Instead, he decided to scythe Xabi Alonso down in front of the Kop.

"Straight red card. So I had him for about an hour and he couldn't play the last three games because he was suspended.

"There was a huge fight in the dressing room and I never saw him again. He was fighting with himself."

40 minutes ago, daored said:

Interesting debate about top 10 hard men in football on BBC Sounds - extremely interesting comments about Barton’s character by Alan Shearer and Micah Richards.

Shearer on Joey Barton

"He played for me for about an hour!

"It was disappointing because we had Nicky Butt and Kevin Nolan in midfield who were great lads, brilliant professionals, but didn't have a lot of legs left. We needed legs in midfield and Joey was injured for the first four games of me being the manager. With four games to go we were due to play Liverpool and I said to him earlier in the week: 'How's things going? You're back training with the first team and I am thinking about putting you in'. He said: 'Yep, don't worry about me. I won't let you down, gaffer.'

Training went really well and I decided to put him in the team. We were getting battered off Liverpool. They hit the post, the bar - it should have been seven or eight nil.

"We lost 3-0 and I was about to take him off with five minutes to go. Instead, he decided to scythe Xabi Alonso down in front of the Kop.

"Straight red card. So I had him for about an hour and he couldn't play the last three games because he was suspended.

"There was a huge fight in the dressing room and I never saw him again. He was fighting with himself."

You can see why he is such a perfect fit for Rovers. Looking forward to him accusing himself of being a Ted.

Edited by Gert Mare
  • Haha 5

1 minute ago, Bristol Rob said:

You know the saying "You can't bullshit a bullshitter" - Well Mr Barton has disproved that theory pretty quickly!!!!

He literally reeks of it doesn't he, no wonder they've taken to him quite well....

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

I notice about half way down that the BP can`t help themselves:

`Wowed by the atmosphere at the mem`. When was that then? When Bristol played there? The blue few haven`t generated an atmosphere (apart from a toxic one) since about 1958.