• Portsmouth13:00Bristol Rovers

Saturday 1st May

LEAGUE ONE

• Bristol Rovers15:00Crewe Alexandra

Saturday 8th May

LEAGUE ONE

• Blackpool15:00Bristol Rovers

This doesnt look easy for our Swamp Monster "rivals" across the City

Nothampton's remaining fixtures are worse... Swindon v Wigan (last game of the season) could save them

20 hours ago, Gazred said:

Payne gave the Gas fans the V's up after an away game during his short time there. Top bloke ?.

4 hours ago, Midlands Robin said:

Stefan Payne has had 16 clubs in 12 years (including a couple of loans) and had never spent longer than 2 seasons anywhere.

He seems like a really great player to have around in the dressing room.

Had the pleasure of playing against him, he's an absolute cock

• Like 1

1 minute ago, steviestevieneville said:

Just had a look at the form guide Crewe’s form ain’t great but Lincoln’s is terrible . Three points in the last 6 games 

Only difference being that Lincoln need the points, Crewe are safe mid-table and all they need is the beach. 0-6 at home yesterday, it's unlikely they will be coming down to Bristol and running through brick walls!! It will be interesting to see where they are after the "games in hand" being played by others in the week. Looks like it's going right to the wire for them though.

33 minutes ago, 77 punk said:

rovers last 5 games are portsmouth ,lincoln and blackpool  who are battling for play off points, crewe and mk dons are mid table . swindon have to play rochdale,afc wimbledon and wigan.

Looks like they'll be 'almost' mathematically safe going into their last match ? away to Blackpool. You know, the one where they traditionally take over 15,000 

Edited by myol'man

10 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Heart says they`re going down but head says not. Just done the forecast on The Fishy and put them down to draw v Lincoln, beat Crewe & MK and lose the other two and they finish 5th bottom two points clear of the drop. Unless they are truly shite in the last five they`ll be having their survival open-top bus tour I fear.

I had a BIG saver on them to win yesterday (honestly thought they would). Imagine my delight when I saw Cobblers had equalised , imagine, further my delight when I looked at the table and found them even further in the klatz than they were before !

(also, as it was draw no bet, got my money back)     win-win :clap:

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Heart says they`re going down but head says not. Just done the forecast on The Fishy and put them down to draw v Lincoln, beat Crewe & MK and lose the other two and they finish 5th bottom two points clear of the drop. Unless they are truly shite in the last five they`ll be having their survival open-top bus tour I fear.

MK are in decent form . Agree though , I think they’ll get out of it. ?

• Sad 1

49 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Agree, I think they will just survive, unfortunately. 

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Galley is our king said:

I'm still optimistic, hopefully, Rochdale, Northampton, sags and swindle. 

Very much on IMHO! 

Oh I hope it is but I think they`ll scab their way out of it - it`s what they do.

Mind you, would that be such a bad thing? They could well tear it up in League 2 but if they stay up and Wally invests what he normally does another season of struggle awaits. In all honesty, can anyone see any half decent players wanting to sign for the headcase Barton (assuming he`s not locked up by next season)?

2 hours ago, MarcusX said:

Had the pleasure of playing against him, he's an absolute cock

I can't understand someone who gets to play professional football and then behaves like an absolute bell end. I can't stand the Sags but even I feel a bit sorry for them, when you look at that picture of Payne holding up their shirt looking like he's got a face that's been slapped with a wet fish. It amazes me how he keeps getting signed by clubs. Looking at his goal scoring record it's not as if his attitude and twatishness is worth having for his goals return. 

Edited by Midlands Robin

1 minute ago, Midlands Robin said:

I can't understand someone who gets to play professional football and then behaves like an absolute bell end. I can't stand the Sags bit even I feel a bit sorry for them when you look at that picture of Payne holding up their shirt looking like his got a face that's been slapped with a wet fish. It amazes me how he keeps getting signed by clubs. Looking at his goal scoring record it's not as if his attitude and twatishness is worth having for his goals return. 

Al these managers think they can turn players like him around - fresh start, clean slate and all that but some are just beyond help. Look at Tomlin - even Neil Warnock, love him or hate him, couldn`t get a tune out of him and if he couldn`t then I doubt many others would be able to.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Oh I hope it is but I think they`ll scab their way out of it - it`s what they do.

Mind you, would that be such a bad thing? They could well tear it up in League 2 but if they stay up and Wally invests what he normally does another season of struggle awaits. In all honesty, can anyone see any half decent players wanting to sign for the headcase Barton (assuming he`s not locked up by next season)?

Tear up League 2?

Just like they did the last time they got relegated into it ??

No mate, the lower and quicker the better.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Galley is our king said:

Tear up League 2?

Just like they did the last time they got relegated into it ??

No mate, the lower and quicker the better.

Oh, without a doubt! The slight chance that they may be a bit better than most of the dross down in the basement would be a bit of a worry though until we saw how it panned out.

My dodgy analysis suggests they're facing a struggle to survive.

Over the last 6 games their form has been the 22nd worst in the league. In 5 games they have left to play the teams they are facing are doing pretty well with an average position of 8th in the form table.

Wigan and Northants have got similarly difficult run ins, but have slightly better form themselves. Northants have 2 more points than them, and Wigan have got 1 game more left to play.

The truth is that it's super close and anything could happen, but based on form, they're in a tight spot.

1 hour ago, Yellow&Blue&Red said:

My dodgy analysis suggests they're facing a struggle to survive.

Over the last 6 games their form has been the 22nd worst in the league. In 5 games they have left to play the teams they are facing are doing pretty well with an average position of 8th in the form table.

Wigan and Northants have got similarly difficult run ins, but have slightly better form themselves. Northants have 2 more points than them, and Wigan have got 1 game more left to play.

The truth is that it's super close and anything could happen, but based on form, they're in a tight spot.

It may well go to the final day, with them needing to get something at Blackpool.....