IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

17 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

Only some numpties like the Trotters would try to sell "hookey" sag clobber at this time,unless, of course they're nocking out moody blue and white scarves with the printed legend "WE'RE BACK! " on it !

16 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

The thing is though, the knock off stuff is probably better quality than the gear they sell officially.

One word - Wembly.

The statement is rather ambitious in that it assumes that the same fanbase that share tickets or slip the gateman a fiver, will care whether they are getting hookey gear or not.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

19 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

Saver alert.............Skybet are offering 4/1 about them staying up, so if (like me) you are into insurance bets this seems very good.

As soon as I place my (sizable) bet, their fate is sealed !:laugh:

It maybe dirty money if it comes in but I’ll have some of this. Compensation fund. 

• Flames 1

1 hour ago, Engvall’s Splinter said:

It maybe dirty money if it comes in but I’ll have some of this. Compensation fund. 

My late father claimed a lot of credit for sending the Few packing to non-league (sorry I meant Division 5). After a good year of football betting where he was a couple of grand up overall he put a £5 single bet on a Rovers win on every Tesco Bags match for the last 5 weeks of the season and used to say "I'll get the bastards relegated". The worst that can happen is that you'll be reasonably compensated if they drag themselves out of the mire!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

This debate comes up on a regular basis ,'the green eyed monster' !
If you are measuring status purely by material 'wealth' then there is no debate but there are many ways you can measure 'wealth' richness, and whatever .
I know for a fact that fans of other clubs regard Bristol City as 'cash rich' but Rovers as the richer club on many other scales, it is difficult to explain but most Rovers Fans will know what i mean.
I have watched rugby at Ashton and i am impressed with the set up but not jealous in any way, yes i would like a better stadium but would be happy with a 14- 15000 redeveloped Mem, enough for our needs imho.
Has the material wealth made City Fans happy? well if you listen to them on G/T post match most Saturdays, far from it! they are worse than us lot at moaning! There was one on the other week , so called 50 year fan ,who said it was the worst time ever! really,? they have very short memories, 4th division , bankruptcy and all that!
For all there material wealth they are not that far in front of us on the pitch. Someone will no doubt be able to check, but i would not mind betting that take away Cities 5 game winning opening to season and substituting the points average from the rest of the season instead then they would be in, or very close to a relegation place!
I am proud to follow Rovers , proud of our fans who stuck with the club through all sorts of 'crisis'. Twerton, National league, and the rest and i do not look across town with envy, but with pity for 'poor little rich kids' who have everything but can not find happiness, up the Rovers!

:facepalm:

How they seriously believe this shit is totally beyond me, this poor little Sag knows it to be 'fact' but it's apparently difficult to explain, yet most Sags knows what he means! That would be down to Gaslogic and the amount of BS they all spout, that when it's said enough it becomes fact.

No fanbase anywhere like that lot. 

• Haha 6

22 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

If you are measuring status purely by material 'wealth' then there is no debate but there are many ways you can measure 'wealth' richness, and whatever .
I know for a fact that fans of other clubs regard Bristol City as 'cash rich' but Rovers as the richer club on many other scales, it is difficult to explain but most Rovers Fans will know what i mean.
I have watched rugby at Ashton and i am impressed with the set up but not jealous in any way, yes i would like a better stadium but would be happy with a 14- 15000 redeveloped Mem, enough for our needs imho.
Has the material wealth made City Fans happy? well if you listen to them on G/T post match most Saturdays, far from it! they are worse than us lot at moaning! There was one on the other week , so called 50 year fan ,who said it was the worst time ever! really,? they have very short memories, 4th division , bankruptcy and all that!
For all there material wealth they are not that far in front of us on the pitch. Someone will no doubt be able to check, but i would not mind betting that take away Cities 5 game winning opening to season and substituting the points average from the rest of the season instead then they would be in, or very close to a relegation place!
I am proud to follow Rovers , proud of our fans who stuck with the club through all sorts of 'crisis'. Twerton, National league, and the rest and i do not look across town with envy, but with pity for 'poor little rich kids' who have everything but can not find happiness, up the Rovers!

How they seriously believe this shit is totally beyond me, this poor little Sag knows it to be 'fact' but it's apparently difficult to explain, yet most Sags knows what he means! That would be down to Gaslogic and the amount of BS they all spout, that when it's said enough it becomes fact.

I have highlighted a different sentence there, the gaslogic of, "if they hadn't won as many games as they have, they might be looking at relegation". In other posts he apparently has said that "bears have been known to defecate in the woods" and that he has it on good authority that "the pope has a preference for Catholicism". 

• Like 1
  • Haha 11

12 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

but i would not mind betting that take away Cities 5 game winning opening to season and substituting the points average from the rest of the season instead then they would be in, or very close to a relegation place!

WTAF? Is this utter nonsense supposed to be 100% unique to our situation?

I would imagine taking the best 5 game run of ANY mid table team and replacing it with "season average form ignoring that run" would put every one of them into relegation trouble regardless of what league they were in, and it probably applies to any league in the world.

Mid table teams are very often inconsistent, the fact is we had a good start and got better results than most other teams in Septmeber / October.

This saggies whole hypothesis seems to be based around the fact he's not envious but the entire post seems to read like
bobs burgers grasping at straws GIF

1 hour ago, BCFC11 said:

It's textbook Gas currency........bullshit, exaggeration and inaccuracy. Rovers....."the richer club on many other scales" I mean where did that come from?!! When he says he knows for a fact "fans of other clubs regard......." what they actually mean is it was their Bristolian Man Utd "supporting" mate who said it and their Bristolian Liverpool "supporting" mate agreed with them. Even the most basic of facts they exaggerate (it was a four match winning run at the start of the season ). As you say they are a totally unique fanbase and it's certainly nothing to crow about.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BCFC11 said:

In the early 80s we went through far more than they’ve ever had to and nearly lost our club altogether. We came the other side and thanks to consistent support from our fans along with ambitious owners we’ve got the club and facilities we have now....nothing World beating but far more than they’ve ever managed in their shit nothingness of existence.

Our fans have always shown more loyalty than them and the numbers back that up. Some fans from outside do pity them, that’s true, but they’re nowhere near as loved as they think they are. In fact, most fans around the country couldn’t give a toss about either of us.

Not that it matters. Where it DOES matter is in the hearts of actual Bristolians. In that category they’ve always been in our shadow....

...maybe they’re not as special as they think they are after all ?

They’ve got the tents and L1 relegation battle their placid, tiny support deserve. 

• Like 1
  • Flames 2

2 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Our fans have always shown more loyalty than them and the numbers back that up. Some fans from outside do pity them, that’s true, but they’re nowhere near as loved as they think they are. In fact, most fans around the country couldn’t give a toss about either of us.

That's the defining statement on the matter as much as they hate to believe it.

49 minutes ago, cityal said:

WTAF? Is this utter nonsense supposed to be 100% unique to our situation?

I would imagine taking the best 5 game run of ANY mid table team and replacing it with "season average form ignoring that run" would put every one of them into relegation trouble regardless of what league they were in, and it probably applies to any league in the world.
bobs burgers grasping at straws GIF

I’m sure I’m not alone in hearing this regularly over the last couple of months. If we hadn’t won 4 on the bounce at the beginning of the season we’d been in a relegation fight ourselves.

Well, no shit you bunch of thick ******* cretins, If Norwich had only won 10 games all season they probably wouldn’t be top now either...

Gaslogic, “er hur dur u as shit as us if you tek away Da games u won”

703A9B76-7A9B-489D-8E5D-F8C9289B0A01.jpeg

1 hour ago, BCFC11 said:

It's the request for help with the arithmetic that makes me laugh. " 'ere Reg wots 50 take away 15, I've run out of fingers"

2 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

Deluded 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gert Mare said:

Gert brilliant video, Gert.

"The Rovers players let the whole of Bristol down..." !!! ???

What a dumb-ass ! More accurate to say "the Rovers players brought joy and unbridled delight to 90% of those residing in Bristol and surrounding areas"

Possibly one of the happiest days of my life.

Made even better by the weeping, wailing and incriminations on the radio from those utterly bewildered, distressed and totally humiliated Fewers.

If Carlsberg did relegations, they couldn't do a better one than this.

Thanks for the memory.

Edited by Bazooka Joe
  • Like 7

13 minutes ago, sticks 1969 said:

In al fairness if we had not one those first 4 games the table could look a lot different other then that he is talking shit 

What about if we still won those first 4 matches but lost to Cardiff away, QPR away, Preston at home and Swansea away?

Rovers are very lucky they beat Accrington Stanley at home and Shrewsbury otherwise they’d be bottom but only if they didn’t actually lose to Swindon at home and Oxford away, winning those two games instead would’ve put them back to the same place they are now.

....no, sorry, he’s talking shit from start to finish.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

He’s not jealous, but he chooses to compare Rovers to City in a long post to convince himself and other Sags that he is not and then proceeds to slag us off like a jealous bellend.

Could have saved himself a lot of time by simply not bothering to write such drivel in the first place.

So, in essence, he’s jealous and thinks his own club is tinpot.

Edited by Gert Mare
  • Like 3

It always amuses me when Gastards try to make out we have the unlimited spending power of PSG or Manchester City, like we should be winning the Champions League every year or something but are merely an established Championship side.

The fact is, there wasn’t much between the two clubs for much of our respective histories - since the turn of the century we have accelerated away from them both on and off the pitch, and we’ve hardly ripped up trees.

It’s really testament to how rancid they’ve been on and off the pitch for the past two decades.

Have I been frustrated with the one-step-forward-two-steps-back saga of the past few seasons? Absolutely. Am I “unhappy” as a City fan? No. Would I trade places with the Scum over the river? Not for all the fake Fanta in China, sunshine.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1