IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

Just now, Lanterne Rouge said:

What if they threw in all the out of date crisps and stale pasties you could eat and unlimited visits to Santa`s Grotto?

Bet you`d be tempted then.

Bolt on a year’s subscription to Babestation and a VIP trip to Braintree where you get to be up close and personal with the home players then we’ll talk.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

This debate comes up on a regular basis ,'the green eyed monster' !
If you are measuring status purely by material 'wealth' then there is no debate but there are many ways you can measure 'wealth' richness, and whatever .
I know for a fact that fans of other clubs regard Bristol City as 'cash rich' but Rovers as the richer club on many other scales, it is difficult to explain but most Rovers Fans will know what i mean.
I have watched rugby at Ashton and i am impressed with the set up but not jealous in any way, yes i would like a better stadium but would be happy with a 14- 15000 redeveloped Mem, enough for our needs imho.
Has the material wealth made City Fans happy? well if you listen to them on G/T post match most Saturdays, far from it! they are worse than us lot at moaning! There was one on the other week , so called 50 year fan ,who said it was the worst time ever! really,? they have very short memories, 4th division , bankruptcy and all that!
For all there material wealth they are not that far in front of us on the pitch. Someone will no doubt be able to check, but i would not mind betting that take away Cities 5 game winning opening to season and substituting the points average from the rest of the season instead then they would be in, or very close to a relegation place!
I am proud to follow Rovers , proud of our fans who stuck with the club through all sorts of 'crisis'. Twerton, National league, and the rest and i do not look across town with envy, but with pity for 'poor little rich kids' who have everything but can not find happiness, up the Rovers!

:facepalm:

How they seriously believe this shit is totally beyond me, this poor little Sag knows it to be 'fact' but it's apparently difficult to explain, yet most Sags knows what he means! That would be down to Gaslogic and the amount of BS they all spout, that when it's said enough it becomes fact.

No fanbase anywhere like that lot. 

"For all there material wealth they are not that far in front of us on the pitch"

Really?!?!?! I had the misfortune of watching one of their matches the other day. Made the Downs league look like the world cup

1 hour ago, Bazooka Joe said:

Gert brilliant video, Gert.

"The Rovers players let the whole of Bristol down..." !!! ???

What a dumb-ass ! More accurate to say "the Rovers players brought joy and unbridled delight to 90% of those residing in Bristol and surrounding areas"

Possibly one of the happiest days of my life.

Made even better by the weeping, wailing and incriminations on the radio from those utterly bewildered, distressed and totally humiliated Fewers.

If Carlsberg did relegations, they couldn't do a better one than this.

Thanks for the memory.

I had a great day. Was in Cardiff with my Cardiff supporting friend as it happened. The same day that Cardiff were relegated from the Premier League. Day of dreams.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Bas's perfect hattrick said:

"For all there material wealth they are not that far in front of us on the pitch"

Really?!?!?! I had the misfortune of watching one of their matches the other day. Made the Downs league look like the world cup

Just the 33 places - more than a full division. Or if you prefer, over a third of the entire league

Mind the (ever increasing) gap

Edited by Lanterne Rouge

4 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

If you are measuring status purely by material 'wealth' then there is no debate but there are many ways you can measure 'wealth' richness, and whatever .
I know for a fact that fans of other clubs regard Bristol City as 'cash rich' but Rovers as the richer club on many other scales, it is difficult to explain but most Rovers Fans will know what i mean.
I have watched rugby at Ashton and i am impressed with the set up but not jealous in any way, yes i would like a better stadium but would be happy with a 14- 15000 redeveloped Mem, enough for our needs imho.
Has the material wealth made City Fans happy? well if you listen to them on G/T post match most Saturdays, far from it! they are worse than us lot at moaning! There was one on the other week , so called 50 year fan ,who said it was the worst time ever! really,? they have very short memories, 4th division , bankruptcy and all that!
For all there material wealth they are not that far in front of us on the pitch. Someone will no doubt be able to check, but i would not mind betting that take away Cities 5 game winning opening to season and substituting the points average from the rest of the season instead then they would be in, or very close to a relegation place!
I am proud to follow Rovers , proud of our fans who stuck with the club through all sorts of 'crisis'. Twerton, National league, and the rest and i do not look across town with envy, but with pity for 'poor little rich kids' who have everything but can not find happiness, up the Rovers!

How they seriously believe this shit is totally beyond me, this poor little Sag knows it to be 'fact' but it's apparently difficult to explain, yet most Sags knows what he means! That would be down to Gaslogic and the amount of BS they all spout, that when it's said enough it becomes fact.

I think he was short-changed on the 'Barbara Cartland creative writing course.....

6 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

Got a point with the underlined bit mind

3 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

What about if we still won those first 4 matches but lost to Cardiff away, QPR away, Preston at home and Swansea away?

Rovers are very lucky they beat Accrington Stanley at home and Shrewsbury otherwise they’d be bottom but only if they didn’t actually lose to Swindon at home and Oxford away, winning those two games instead would’ve put them back to the same place they are now.

....no, sorry, he’s talking shit from start to finish.

The game's full of "what ifs".

What if Mansfield didn't wear that one off lucky away kit that special day then it probably wouldn't have happened.

"What if" they actually put a row M on their new state of the art tent. Bob on the £5 (cash only) disabled gate would've earned an extra tenner.

"What if" they actually did something tangeable in their miserable history. Then they would have something to shout about instead of hanging on with rose tinted glasses to the odd obscure F A Cup match in the 1950's when 250,000 or so sags packed out Eastville.

Unlucky "da gas"

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Gert Mare said:

Hopefully in just a few more weeks they will be......

FB0AAC8A-71C7-4020-B9A3-B7FD4F9BF6BE.jpeg.249930d46af3dae82aa21696e3f90a1f.jpeg

Back where they belong....League 2

That font looks like a throw back to the 1970's "Carry on Camping" or "On the Buses", pretty amateurish.

I'd like to say tin pot but canvas pot is probably closer to the mark.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Rule The Waves said:

On a serious note, why would any of those companies want to be associated with such tinpot advertising? That is truly awful.

Shamefully in my view, Lancer Scott were very big and long standing supporters and sponsors of City. They got shown the door before their sponsor deal was finished so we could have Dunder.

Not a great decision if you ask me....

• Like 1