IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

42 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

I think that, in prison parlance it’s called recreation. 

I think it’s ironic that the Gash’s manager could very well be peeling the spuds that make the past-their-sell-by-date crisps they’ll be selling in the club tuck shop next season.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

Statistically, who has been the best Rovers manager this season?

Obviously, Joey is in the lead at the moment (for me) as he looks like the one who is going to put the lid on the coffin and see the job through.

But haven't all their managers been given a similar number of games, so a points per game average will probably tell quite an interesting story.

Rob. I have ever so happily compiled the stats for you. 
Don’t forget, they’ve technically had 4 persons in charge this season, with Widdrington letting himself do it for a couple of games. 

Garbles. Pl 11 W3 D3 L5 F11 A19 PPG 1.09. 
Pisdale. Pl 15 W3 D3 L9 F13 A24 PPG 0.8. 
Widdles. Pl 2 W1 D0 L1 F3 A3 PPG 1.5. 
Barfton. Pl 14 W3 D2 L9 F13 A19 PPG 0.79. 

So, Barton currently has the worst points per game record. 
If they’d have stuck with Garner and his PPG they’d be 19th. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 4
  • Robin 2

7 minutes ago, Harry said:

Don’t forget, they’ve technically had 4 persons in charge this season, with Widdrington letting himself do it for a couple of games. 

Pearson is probably worse than all them 

• Confused 1
  • Hmmm 1

1 minute ago, Harry said:

I love that fact that (not only have you done the maths), but you have extrapolated the numbers to give a view of where they could be.

I haven't see them play, but I thought the appointment of Garner would be good for them in the long term. Someone with exceptional coaching references who was new to the first team managers role, but with his upper end coaching career, he could have probably made some realistic phone calls to have got them loan signings that would have helped.

But then, they went short term. I remember and interview with Ray Palour years ago when Wenger was appointed at Arsenal and most of the player took the attitude of, 'Right Gaffer, show us your medals!' Which he clearly didn't have (see Graham Taylor as a UK equivalent).

Took a few transer windows and the signing of potential rather than proven for him to make his mark. Remeber that they signed Henry as a winger, and Wenger turned him in to a reasonable striker.

That all said, it's the Fewers. So eff 'em.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Harry said:

Awful shame that the one before that mob 'traded up' to Mansfield :laughcont:

7 minutes ago, Midlands Robin said:

So, apart from a two game caretaker throwing the stats off a little, basically each new managerial appointment has made things worse.

By my reckoning, even if they had stuck by Tisdale they would have been at least 1 win and may be about 4 points better off than they are now.

.....and they were so excited when Norman Stanley Barton arrived ?

Funny thing is, for a club whose fans hilariously claim that everyone admires them, I’ve seen quite a lot of people on Social Media saying they hope Rovers get relegated as it would serve them right for employing Barton.

For decades they’ve bumbled along with most people unaware of their existence but it’s not just us, Barnet and Wycombe fans who think they’re massive ****ts these days.

Well done Graham, well done Garner, well done ‘Tis’ and well done Wally. Excellent work ?

• Haha 3

42 minutes ago, BetterRedthenBlue said:

it was Wael who brought him round to the idea of managing Da Famous Quaters

I bet it was pictures of the Colony centre of excrement that finally sealed the deal. What self respecting manager could fail to be impressed by a tent in a field near Almondsbury?

Edited by Midlands Robin
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, woodsy62 said:

Pearson is probably worse than all them 

Seeing as Rovers haven’t played at Championship level since 1993 that is impossible.

Or are we now saying getting points against Swansea & Watford is the same as against Northampton & Rochdale?

That’s blue “half of Bristol” levels of delusion.

Edited by GrahamC
  • Like 1

On 14/04/2021 at 00:54, grubby said:

Saturday could almost be d day for them. Wigan home to Crewe and wombles home to swindle. Wins for the home teams and Lincoln doing the biz at the dump and they could very easily be 6pts from safety. ?????

Tragic that this happened...... :)

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Seeing as Rovers haven’t played at Championship level since 1993 that is impossible.

Or are we now saying getting points against Swansea & Watford is the same as against Northampton & Rochdale?

That’s blue “half of Bristol” levels of delusion.

Was it really that long ago? Woooow

7 hours ago, WessexPest said:

Be interesting to see a map of where the two respective clubs draw support from. City’s tentacles stretch out quite far into Somerset and Wiltshire as well as Bristol itself. Very few Gash in south Bristol, but they have pockets of support up into Gloucestershire.

dont forget chepstow and the forest of dean

3 hours ago, alexukhc said:

Was it really that long ago? Woooow

Aye, we effectively relegated the bastards in one of the most febrile AG atmospheres I’ve been privileged to be a part of in April ‘93. If memory serves Tinman scored and Ian Alexander got sent off. Tremendous night.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, You Do The Dziekanowski said:

The Saggers and Swindle look out of it, got to gain a point a game on others to be safe and looking at both their runs in I doubt that’s doable. 

What a shame... :banana:

Yeah there's no way they are going to manage it.

I think Wimbledon are safe now and so they'll need to catch Wigan (and hope Northampton & Rochdale don't win!), which looks beyond any possibility.

Wigan's final games: Shrewsbury, Burton, Hull and Swindon 

Gash's final games: MK Dons, Portsmouth, Crewe and Blackpool

Wigan will not be playing anybody that needs points, Hull will be up by then, Swindon will be down.

Whereas Portsmouth and Blackpool are both pushing for play off spots. The 15ers might get a shock win against one of them, but there's no way they'll beat both.

• Like 1

Sagchat at it`s finest:

A comment appears from a poster on there says he`s signed up since they appointed Barton as he is interested in following his career and makes some points about hoping he can get them back up next season.

The next post reads `**** off 100% ted ******* troll`

The next post to that: `he`s an Everton fan mate`

Second poster `he could still be a Ted troll`

Their levels of paranoia (and stupidity) know no bounds.

• Haha 7