IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

4 hours ago, The Gasbuster said:

Was that the game when a blizzard struck ?

Recall the singing to the Sheff Weds fans "We're going home, we're going home, you're not, you're not !"

Remember one game, and it might have been this one, the guy on the tannoy announced that all trains from Temple Meads had been cancelled, amid huge cheers.

14 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

I remember being frozen at a home game against Wednesday on a Saturday afternoon.

I had a Saturday job on Park Street and because it had started snowing there was next to no shoppers out and about, so come 1pm, you can go home.

A 99p Micky Finns lunchbox and off to the gate I head. In jogging trousers and a t-shirt.

No idea what the score was, just remember spending a fortune on Bovril. (Might have been a draw, I do remember they got the orange ball out).

11 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

I was stood on the Open End for that match. My mates went home at half time as it was so unbelievably ******* cold but for some reason I decided to stay despite not being able to feel my feet. 

Ive never been so freezing in my life before or since.

We drew 1-1.

Martin Scott man of the match on his City debut.

Nigel Pearson in defence for the visitors, Danny Wilson their goalscorer.  In fact Sheff Wed scored both the goals that day. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Red DNA said:

I doubt they’re worried too much about relegation as it’s only a question of time before they get invited to the new European SuperLeague!

League One IS a super league this season given it’s shortly going to get rid of the Gash...

Edited by WessexPest

4 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

Which would be great, as they say, it's the hope the kills. Actually, what would be even better.... a 97 minute equaliser a la Fulham yesterday. :)

Going back to the lovely Mr Barton, I have to wonder if he was able to convince Wael of Fortune of his innocence or at least of his defence case to get the job. If he gets found guilty you would think it would be a custodial sentence with his previous record, so this "long term project" he keeps whittling on about it would be a non starter.

oh I don't know, his long term project could be 5 years

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, supercidered said:

IF they do go down can I ask someone to do another Hitler video when Adolf and his mates were all in the bunker with the subtitles. There were several around but the one when Sir Colin dumped them out of the league was pure genius. I don't laugh out loud very often but blige that was mint.

Is this the one you mean?

My apologies.

For some reason, the link appears to have stopped at this stage, and I am unable to delete it.

If anybody considers it inappropriate please feel free to delete - if you know how.

Edited by PHILINFRANCE
  • Haha 9

26 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

My apologies.

For some reason, the link appears to have stopped at this stage, and I am unable to delete it.

If anybody considers it inappropriate please feel free to delete - if you know how.

How have I never seen this before ...so I started to watch it during a meeting  but forgot to put myself on mute on a Teams call so people could hear the German accent and me laughing ... Christ knows what they think of me now in work ... 

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

My apologies.

Not seen that before, absolutely superb!  Funny as ****.....

29 minutes ago, One man went.... said:

That should be their club motto, written in Latin under the badge or something.. 

But that would mean changing their current motto...’in obumbratio excrementum aeternum’ *

Don’t have a go at me Latin speakers if that doesn’t make sense, it’s their motto, they made it up....email Wally.

• Haha 2