IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

Here are some highlights from the Bristol Post piece last July looking forward to the current season for The Gas. They are the gift that keeps on giving - every comment is a gem!:  

"Gasheads have been steadily more impressed with Rovers' summer business so far, with the new signings, a new training ground and Wael Al Qadi's commitment to the club all building hopes of a positive season ahead. See how Bristol Rovers fans reacted below:"

Alfie Rendall: Announce promotion.

Charlie: Very good squad being built.

James: EIEIEIO up the football league we go.

Daniel Sheppard: Going to be boring winning every game this season. ... Real intent this year.

Jay Bear Jones: So three signing in three days all quality players, what has happened to rag bag Rovers?

Caz: Promotion 2021, scream it at the top of your lungs baby.

Kevin Ward:  Blimey, Will next season be the one we start going places?

• Haha 7
  • Hmmm 1

27 minutes ago, Elruliri said:

Remind me what time is "having a laugh" on radio Bristol tomorrow? Can't say I've ever listened but might well do with a nice bottle of RED!

Be great if someone could phone in and start by saying "What can I say Geoff? I've had three divorces"

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

I read OTIB every day. I read the latest on this thread every day. I read it at around 5:30pm yesterday evening then went out. Of course, I kept abreast of the scores and was well aware of the perfect storm swirling over the swamp. At around midnight, I looked at OTIB to see 15 unread pages on the newly renamed thread and it was past 1:30am before I reached the end. 

I'd like to thank each one of you utter bastards for keeping me awake so late and providing me with so many laughs!

Well we all know you’re a busy man Hucker :yes: 

• Haha 2

45 minutes ago, robintherobin said:

Here are some highlights from the Bristol Post piece last July looking forward to the current season for The Gas. They are the gift that keeps on giving - every comment is a gem!:  

"Gasheads have been steadily more impressed with Rovers' summer business so far, with the new signings, a new training ground and Wael Al Qadi's commitment to the club all building hopes of a positive season ahead. See how Bristol Rovers fans reacted below:"

Daniel Sheppard: Going to be boring winning every game this season. ... Real intent this year.

Jay Bear Jones: So three signing in three days all quality players, what has happened to rag bag Rovers?

At least the last crayon chewing cretin has actually got it right - Salford, Barrow & Harrogate.

Edited by Swede
grammar

51 minutes ago, robintherobin said:

Kevin Ward knew ?

34 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

I read OTIB every day. I read the latest on this thread every day. I read it at around 5:30pm yesterday evening then went out. Of course, I kept abreast of the scores and was well aware of the perfect storm swirling over the swamp. At around midnight, I looked at OTIB to see 15 unread pages on the newly renamed thread and it was past 1:30am before I reached the end. 

I'd like to thank each one of you utter bastards for keeping me awake so late and providing me with so many laughs!

Rumour has it that you're arranging a 'going down party' one of your specialty's :laugh:, bring our wife's/girlfriends or nans with their own teeth, car keys for the fruit bowl, and a fancy dress pirate willy warmer.

• Haha 2
  • Flames 1

I have had a play with a predictor.

If Joey Barton's Fighting Gas wins their three remaining games 3-0, and Wigan, Northampton and Rochdale lose all of their games, with Swindon losing two but beating Wigan then the gas are staying up.

I don't know why they're so gloomy over there and writing off the season already.

image.png.154bb5d6712683a3dc191ae00746673d.png

https://www.worldfootball.net/table_calculator/eng-league-one/

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Petula Clark, Downtown:-

Enviously stare across town at the stadium of the City

Spit tobacco on the sidewalk when Barton says you’re s****y

Why do we lose?

The sprinklers are championship-ready there, you can forget all your troubles, forget all your cares

The Gas are down, down, things are so great cuz they’re down, down, no finer place for sure down, down

Prison is waiting for you.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Eddie Hitler said:

I have had a play with a predictor.

If Joey Barton's Fighting Gas wins their three remaining games 3-0, and Wigan, Northampton and Rochdale lose all of their games, with Swindon losing two but beating Wigan then the gas are staying up.

I don't know why they're so gloomy over there and writing off the season already.

image.png.154bb5d6712683a3dc191ae00746673d.png

https://www.worldfootball.net/table_calculator/eng-league-one/

If you keep playing with your predictor Eddie, you'll end up with thin children mate!

• Haha 1