IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

2 hours ago, WessexPest said:

Petula Clark, Downtown:-

Enviously stare across town at the stadium of the City

Spit tobacco on the sidewalk when Barton says you’re s****y

Why do we lose?

The sprinklers are championship-ready there, you can forget all your troubles, forget all your cares

The Gas are down, down, things are so great cuz they’re down, down, no finer place for sure down, down

Prison is waiting for you.

Great minds think alike. Here's the reprise of the version I wanted recorded when they excited The Football League:

"Playing at home but you are watching alone,
As no one else will go – Downs League.
The White and the Blue but the kit’s all worn through,
The Keeper’s arse on show – Downs League.
Just listen, green with envy, to the crowd down at The City,
Money’s tight the standard’s shite still trading more’s the pity,
Watching you lose.
The fights are more spiteful there,
And you are deep, deep in trouble, worse nobody’s cares,
'Cus you’re  - Downs League,
It’ll be great when you're - Downs League,
City can’t wait till you’re - Downs League.
Oblivion is waiting for you....

• Haha 5
  • Flames 1

2 hours ago, Bazooka Joe said:

Barton should be grateful the players moved on to chewing tobacco.

The wearing of Irene's dirty knickers over their heads was a much filthier indulgence.

irenes knickers now have a knot tied in them for sucking on at bedtime for a comfort treat

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Top Robin said:

Tbh it says alot about Bristol as a footballing city. 

Top 10 sized city with one sh*te team and one poor team and never in the Prem..... pathetic.

We’ve been in the top league, football didn’t start in 93.

Anyway that was a fantastic 20 page read to catch up. What a night! Swindon next plesse

• Flames 1

11 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

Wake up and small the coffee....we are a disgrace. 1992 was 30 years ago! 

I agree that an argument could be put forward that we have somewhat under-achieved over the decades but to say we “have never been in the prem” is very disrespectful to the exploits of our heroes from 1906 to 1911 - they were champions of the championship and runners up in the premier league - and then the more modern day guys like Cheesley, Gow, Ritchie, Garland, Hunter, Royle, Whitehead, Merrick, Sweeney, Gillies, Collier, Rodgers, Mann, Fear, Mabbutt etc etc etc - they had their moments in the spotlight - and they took on and beat Liverpool, Man Utd, Arsenal, Spurs etc - I don’t care when it was - it was in the top division in England ... “never in the prem” ? Tut tut, perhaps you should wake up and small the coffee...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Super said:

He was a complete tool. We have had some good posters from the other side in the past and @In the Netis always welcome (especially these days!)

Thanks for the hospitality!  At least we've finally been put out of our misery - this season seems to have gone on forever.  I've suffered every game, and will watch the final 3 - it's what we do, isn't it?

• Like 5

2 hours ago, In the Net said:

Thanks for the hospitality!  At least we've finally been put out of our misery - this season seems to have gone on forever.  I've suffered every game, and will watch the final 3 - it's what we do, isn't it?

Have you got some chewing tobacco handy for Saturday? ;)

• Haha 1

Well I have to say that I genuinely thought the Gas would pull clear when whatshisface Kravat came in. Then they announced he had been sacked barely 3 months after arriving. Then Ballsy Joey arrived and I thought that's a bit left field but ok, maybe they know something I do not and this guy is a fixer. Then I woke up this morning and realised... He most certainly is. ?

• Like 2

8 hours ago, In the Net said:

You must be very jealous about what's happening in BS3 these days. All wonderful here. Absolutely ****ing peachy. Not a cloud in the bleedin' sky.

20 hours ago, Gert Mare said:

Highlights from the 20pence phone in....

Sinking Ship...The Titanic

They do put the Tit in Titanic.....

12 hours ago, Rob said:

Came across this from 2011.. Still as true then as it is now

I have to admit I don't find these funny in the slightest.  To be honest I find them disrespectful and in very poor taste indeed.

Don't get me wrong, Hitler was an evil son of a bitch, but even he doesn't deserve to be labelled a Gashead!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 10

1 hour ago, Galley is our king said:

Hated sing something simple along with 2 way family favourites on a Sunday lunchtime.

Our generation certainly changed the music scene!

as a kid i had to stay with my grandparents for a while on backwell hill. my grandfather used to sit in front of the radio singing along every sunday evening. he loved when the saints go marching in, was a city fan btw,took me to evening matches when he could. fond memories indeed

• Like 3
  • Robin 2

4 hours ago, Calculus said:

You must be very jealous about what's happening in BS3 these days. All wonderful here. Absolutely ****ing peachy. Not a cloud in the bleedin' sky.

Both clubs would be good subject matter for an Amazon documentary next season.

All or Nothing - A Tale of Two Bristols (aka A Tale of Two Titties)

• Haha 3

Last nights comments from Pearson questioning the players desire etc reminded me of Barton doing the same the night before. 

Whilst I think the current contractual situations of many players is contributing to these god awful performances we're currently seeing, it is sort of a blessing in disguise that no effort will be required to shift them in the summer. 

Joey Barton mentioned the amount of players left from his squad now, that will be in his squad next season will be in single figures. 

This must worry Wael because after looking, only 4 of their squad are OOC. 

I think the cheaper option will be getting rid of JB. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Carey 6 said:

Last nights comments from Pearson questioning the players desire etc reminded me of Barton doing the same the night before. 

Whilst I think the current contractual situations of many players is contributing to these god awful performances we're currently seeing, it is sort of a blessing in disguise that no effort will be required to shift them in the summer. 

Joey Barton mentioned the amount of players left from his squad now, that will be in his squad next season will be in single figures. 

This must worry Wael because after looking, only 4 of their squad are OOC. 

I think the cheaper option will be getting rid of JB. 

I thought the same.

They both mentioned what happens when the players cross that white line.

Trouble with our players is that it looks like most of them sniffed it!

• Haha 1