IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

7 hours ago, Galley is our king said:

Hated sing something simple along with 2 way family favourites on a Sunday lunchtime.

Our generation certainly changed the music scene!

My mum's favourite, all us kids knew all the words. Sat around the wireless, no telly then, listening to dramas like Quatermas and Cabin in the clearing.

My abiding memory of the football results was following a 1958  6-1 opening day win at home to Rotherham the Tuesday night game result was read out.  

Barnsley 4

Bristol City     SEVEN

Then we lost 4-0 away to Sheffield United on the Saturday. Result heard on the trannie whilst bathing in the Pool ( Tropicana ) at W-S-M. Bloody useful them new fangled transistors.

• Like 1
  • Robin 2

6 hours ago, In the Net said:

Both clubs would be good subject matter for an Amazon documentary next season.

All or Nothing - A Tale of Two Bristols (aka A Tale of Two Titties)

Just dont type 'Bristol's moving in opposite directions ' into a search engine......

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Could be quite a lucrative move by Wally.

If he fines Joey 2 weeks wages for each week he doesn't show up, anything over 6 months and KERCHING! PROFIT.

maybe he is a shrewd businessman after all,besides that,the team wont play any worse without him either so its a win win for wally

On 21/04/2021 at 15:44, Bazooka Joe said:

As a consequence of Barton's chewing tobacco revelation I assume the Sags will now also be known as the Fags.

Going down again - such a drag for the Sag Fags !

The Vincent’s? 

Vincent Tabak! 

On 21/04/2021 at 14:03, Rudolf Hucker said:

I read OTIB every day. I read the latest on this thread every day. I read it at around 5:30pm yesterday evening then went out. Of course, I kept abreast of the scores and was well aware of the perfect storm swirling over the swamp. At around midnight, I looked at OTIB to see 15 unread pages on the newly renamed thread and it was past 1:30am before I reached the end. 

I'd like to thank each one of you utter bastards for keeping me awake so late and providing me with so many laughs!

I believe you’re always in bed by nine o’clock , if not you go home .

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Red Army 75 said:

When was the last time the squatters had 12k to watch a game. Because that’s what Joey Bag reckons they will get in league 2. Bristol Rovers the club of delusion 

I looked at records back to August 2012.....no trace of one over 12,000. The nearest they got was 11,750 in April 2017.....against Millwall

• Robin 1

10 minutes ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

I looked at records back to August 2012.....no trace of one over 12,000. The nearest they got was 11,750 in April 2017.....against Millwall

Looks like the last League game with over 12k was 1985. They had 12,957 , which is impressive as they averaged 5,258. 

http://european-football-statistics.co.uk/attnclub/league/brir.htm

• Robin 1