IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 minute ago, petehinton said:

Barton rejects it’s a relegation on his cv. Says he can’t wait to get rid of all the players. Said some of them need to take in the stadium as they’ll never play there again. What an absolute *** of the highest order 

Hahaha, he’s such a bell end.

Well they weren’t relegated when he arrived and he’s somehow managed to be even shitter than the other two. ?

Ive never known a club and manager so perfectly matched.

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Barton rejects it’s a relegation on his cv. Says he can’t wait to get rid of all the players. Said some of them need to take in the stadium as they’ll never play there again. What an absolute *** of the highest order 

This is just typical of him tbf.

He preaches accountability and quotes Proust and all the **** but when the chips are down, he’s the first to find a scapegoat.

I sincerely hope they keep him, as he’s as likely to burn them down as to fix them next year.

I have got Twentyman on, annoyingly because relegation hasn't come as a surprise to them there is a lack of quality callers.

Although some of them do try and give the impression that prior to this season, the Fewers had the monopoly on passion and fight.

Hate to be the one that breaks it to them, but most sides have passion and fight. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bristol Rob said:

I have got Twentyman on, annoyingly because relegation hasn't come as a surprise to them there is a lack of quality callers.

Although some of them do try and give the impression that prior to this season, the Fewers had the monopoly on passion and fight.

Hate to be the one that breaks it to them, but most sides have passion and fight. 

See you chose your words carefully in the last paragraph.

• Like 1

Wally has been in charge of the Sags for 5 years (Feb 2016).

When he bought the circus they were in the 4th tier with an awful ground and after five years of hard work and investment they are now.... In the 4th tier with an awful ground. 

Looks like all of that hard work, second only to Spurs in terms of ground improvement, has really paid off.

• Like 4
  • Haha 10
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, Harry said:

Here’s the league table when Super Joey took over. 
He’s taken them from 2 points above the relegation zone to 10 points below it. 
A miraculous 12 point swing in 16 games. 
Glorious. 
“But it wasn’t me guv” ?

1D6140ED-9E41-428A-B395-82BB04CBD293.jpeg

But he’s Joey Barton he’s played in a standard Bristol Rovers have never been in. I’m glad the bottom dwellers suck it up. Wouldn’t surprise me if they went non league again 

1 minute ago, Midlands Robin said:

Wally has been in charge of the Sags for 5 years (Feb 2016).

When he bought the circus they were in the 4th tier with an awful ground and after five years of hard work and investment they are now.... In the 4th tier with an awful ground. 

Looks like all of that hard work, second only to Spurs in terms of ground improvement, has really paid off.

Even the bogs at White Hart Lane are better than the whole Minimal 

• Like 1

Following my comment that the Fewers thought they had the monopoly on fight and passion, turns out there has been something called 'Covid-19' in the area as well, and this has had a detrimental impact to their finances.

Sounds like it must be a very local thing, as in amongst posts and comments, no one has mentioned it impacting any other clubs who might have suffered too. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Harry said:

Here’s the league table when Super Joey took over. 
He’s taken them from 2 points above the relegation zone to 10 points below it. 
A miraculous 12 point swing in 16 games. 
Glorious. 
“But it wasn’t me guv” ?

78F6F0BE-B93F-44C9-8A6E-01583938230A.jpeg

They won't acknowledge that though, apparently Joey is 'a gashead' so is immune from suggestion that he has got less out of the players than other people might have done.

• Like 1

Just now, Bristol Rob said:

Following my comment that the Fewers thought they had the monopoly on fight and passion, turns out there has been something called 'Covid-19' in the area as well, and this has had a detrimental impact to their finances.

Sounds like it must be a very local thing, as in amongst posts and comments, no one has mentioned it impacting any other clubs who might have suffered too. 

Yes, I’ve heard of this.

Fortunately no other club in the entire league have had their finances effected or had to play behind closed doors.

Poor babies, they’ve had it so so tough, it’s not fair!

• Like 1