IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

Apr 25, 2021 at 1:23pm via mobile Tilly's Thighs, Dirt Dogg, and 2 more like this

Post by 4d on Apr 25, 2021 at 1:23pm

Good post. As Further evidenced by Tinnion yesterday, there’s already one club in Bristol for whom the word class just doesn’t exist.

We might be crap at the moment but let’s never sink to their level.

I missed this what did Tinnion say?!

6 minutes ago, Super said:

Apr 25, 2021 at 1:23pm via mobile Tilly's Thighs, Dirt Dogg, and 2 more like this

Post by 4d on Apr 25, 2021 at 1:23pm

Good post. As Further evidenced by Tinnion yesterday, there’s already one club in Bristol for whom the word class just doesn’t exist.

We might be crap at the moment but let’s never sink to their level.

I missed this what did Tinnion say?!

He just posted a tweet re them going down, Ass fans are just being precious.

They fail to ignore their actual owners tweets re us, one example.

Edit: Sorry, they don't fail to ignore their owners tweets, they laugh and joke about it and say he's absolute class. Double standards, classic Gas.

Edited by Banned User
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 27/04/2021 at 11:10, Rudolf Hucker said:

When Barton was interviewed by Radio Bristol after the Portsmouth match, Richard Hoskins said words to the effect of “You must be hoping, Joey that next season you’ll be back playing in front of ten thousand gasheads at the Mem ...”.

Even our local broadcaster has seemingly bought into the delusion. Ten thousand gasheads, my arse. 

If he is deluded then Joey Barton saying about playing 'in front of 12,000' every home game must be even more of a f@cktard than I first thought he was. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Give it time. Joey`s court case is coming up and the realisation will sink in that they aren`t going to buy their way out of league 2 with the ten quid Wally will chuck in the hat. No doubt there are massive ground improvements on the way in the summer too which will rival the investment of several premier league clubs.

Tis always quietest before the storm.

I mean FFP means they have to reduce their wage bill from 60% to 55% of their turnover and they are Rumoured to spend £3.2m a year on salaries. I honestly think that they may struggle next year. signed a lot of (not that good) players last summer on multi year contracts I doubt The jailbird will be allowed to make too many changes to the backroom or playing staff. 

• Like 1

Just seen the pricing on the Bristol live website for season ticket prices out Chernobyl. So it cost more for a under 19 supporter to stand in a piss stinking terracing watching league 2 football . Than an u19 down the gate watching championship football in a fantastic all seater stadium drinking in date Fanta. 

No wonder they won’t attract new fans 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, 22A said:

" I’m 100% convinced, supply a ground on the level of Ashton Gate, fund the team accordingly and we’d be averaging over 20,000 a season I’m sure."

However, where would these extra spectators come from? If they already exist, they are hardly supports if they continue to stay away.

They could easily make up the numbers imo and fill empty seats.

After covid, there'll be thousands of spare cardboard cut-out fans knocking about. ?

• Like 1

May 2nd they were relegated to Division Four, and not forgetting May 3rd they became a lower basement league club after losing to Mansfield, confused by the opposition wearing their kit
The gift.........

21 years above the Gas are guaranteed and many many more to come... grab one of our tee shirts to celebrate this summer

www.otibclothing.co.uk

IMG_4559.jpg

IMG_4547.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

Yes, what they might call "half" (63 seasons) of 92 glorious campaigns. The other "half" (19 seasons) in the Second tier. And about a quarter in the 4th, for the Blue six fifths of Bristol. 

the  rest dont know they are even in the league since dropping out. these things take time                      to understand

• Admin
18 hours ago, Banned User said:

Sort of bored of their relegation already, Gaschat is absolutely dead at the moment, the gifts are drying up (excluding the MASSIVE one we've just received).

18 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Presumably the “10,000” who can’t wait for the first game of next season from the Blue “half” of Bristol are all on holiday?

It didn't take long. . . ..  luckily someone eventually pointed out their season ticket reference numbers didn't start at 00001

image.png

On 27/04/2021 at 11:51, Bristol Rob said:

The Mem not being able to reopen at full capacity is hardly going to be an issue. How many capacity crowds have they had since they've been there?

They are the blue-print for social distancing. 

think they only get capacity when we play them

One of the Fewers I know from work had his first jab at Ashton Gate last week.

Aside from the ***** comments everyone makes, I asked him what he thought, given he hadn't been there since it was redeveloped.

He was in awe of it and couldn't believe how much it had changed.

He is planning on visiting next season for a rugby game, assuming there is capacity to do so.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/portsmouth-sunderland-hull-city-free-5346086

The Bristol Post have published an in-depth article about all of the players out of contract at League 1 clubs this summer.  

This struck me as a complete waste of time. Shouldn’t they be looking at the players at the bottom end League 2 clubs and Conference? 

Is this reporter just as deluded as the fans? Why would anyone be leaving these L1 teams to drop down a division (and several levels of class) to play for Jaily Barfton and his ensemble of amateurs. 

• Haha 1

Apologies if I missed anybody posting the following. Yesterday morning radio Bristol ran a story about Wael Al Quadi and the mistakes the club had made in recruitment of players and managers. He quoted "I really don’t like to put blame on anybody," he said. "I did take full responsibility for our plight, but the appointment of managers and recruitment are two big areas we really have to rectify and not make these mistakes again in the future."

It seemed a strange thing to say, as it didn't exclude the existing manager, unless they are planning to appoint yet another manager, or it was done to provoke a response from the existing manager. It was also a  very public criticism of the recruitment side of things ie: Wriddington?

Having said that, he did praise Barton for being on a different level, as is the whole club, basement level.

4 minutes ago, Rich said:

Apologies if I missed anybody posting the following. Yesterday morning radio Bristol ran a story about Wael Al Quadi and the mistakes the club had made in recruitment of players and managers. He quoted "I really don’t like to put blame on anybody," he said. "I did take full responsibility for our plight, but the appointment of managers and recruitment are two big areas we really have to rectify and not make these mistakes again in the future."

It seemed a strange thing to say, as it didn't exclude the existing manager, unless they are planning to appoint yet another manager, or it was done to provoke a response from the existing manager. It was also a  very public criticism of the recruitment side of things ie: Wriddington?

Having said that, he did praise Barton for being on a different level, as is the whole club, basement level.

All the s*gs appear to think Private Widdle is the evil that infests their club. I for one disagree, I think he`s doing a wonderful job and he should be kept on with a pay rise.

Just now, Lanterne Rouge said:

All the s*gs appear to think Private Widdle is the evil that infests their club. I for one disagree, I think he`s doing a wonderful job and he should be kept on with a pay rise.

Agreed, he can't be all bad. After all, the players the previous two managers had at their disposal reached heights this present manager could only have dreamed of.

• Haha 1