IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

6 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

All the s*gs appear to think Private Widdle is the evil that infests their club. I for one disagree, I think he`s doing a wonderful job and he should be kept on with a pay rise.

Amazing that many of the sags at the start of the season seemed to think the signings were superb. I got told by my mate they were definitely in for a top 6 finish, but did need a striker. Now it's all gone wrong they are all suddenly bad signings and it's all one blokes fault? Or is it down, at least partly to the various managers as well? Anyway, never mind, give the bloke a pay rise and a budget, and let him loose buying players and presenting them to Barton with "there ya go, here's another".

• Like 1

It seems that their ST holders this season were entitled to a £50 refund due to fans not being allowed in this season - and instead of it being a refund they can now choose it as £50 off next seasons ticket. The club are calling it a "loyalty bonus" and the 6/5ths of Bristol are loving it!

1 hour ago, wendyredredrobin said:

That delude lot already thinking that they will walk L2 next season whilst the realists expect another spell of "Non League Bristol Rovers" whilst their manager is serving time at Her Majesty's Pleasure.  Not sure which way the arrows will be pointing on his uniform.

I said it previously like 3-5 pages back I believe. I think they may struggle given the FFP rules means they have to reduce the wage bill and they signed quite a few players last year on multi year contracts. I don't think Jailbird will be able to rebuild much and it'll be a case of sign a striker and that's the budget gone. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, cityloyal473 said:

They will lap this sh!t up.  He's not attended any games with Slag fans present yet has managed to inform an opinion that they're World Beaters.  He plays to the crowd as a way of hiding his own deficiencies.  

I agree. His behaviours are quite ‘Trumpian’ in that every utterance is to pander to a small but vocal minority, often the subject is quickly turned to him, as in “not my relegation”. Contrast that to NP, a manager, in many ways in a similar situation (I.e can’t buy a win, new defeats every three days or so), where the emphasis is on issues and problem solving and tries his best toAVOID talking about himself. 

1 minute ago, Southport Red said:

I agree. His behaviours are quite ‘Trumpian’ in that every utterance is to pander to a small but vocal minority, often the subject is quickly turned to him, as in “not my relegation”. Contrast that to NP, a manager, in many ways in a similar situation (I.e can’t buy a win, new defeats every three days or so), where the emphasis is on issues and problem solving and tries his best toAVOID talking about himself. 

These Managers aren’t stupid. Everybody knows that if you come into the Rovers job and utter phrases like “I’ll sign players who will put it in for the quarters” they just lap it up........”he speaks out gurt language, ‘ees a legend ain’t ee”. Dumbest fan base in the country bar none.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Lew-T said:

What stadium is he referring to?

A couple of pedantic points around this

1) should read "cannot wait to have our fan back in the ground"

2) Reignite should read "Relegate"

3) The film does not seem to capture the amount of canvas, plastic patio furniture or garden shed construction disabled areas available to patrons

Call me Mr Picky, but honesty is the best policy!

• Like 1

Saw another tweet from the Fewers saying that 10% of people eligible to renew their season tickets had done so on day 1.

Which might sound impressive, except for a few things.

1 - most people would have been paid shortly before they put their tickets on sale.

2 - It's quite easy to hide behind a percentage to either tell a positive or negative story (Covid deaths JUMP 10% figures show, but when you scratch away at the story beyond the headline, the actual figure could be very low) 

3 - With their North Korean secrecy around just how many STs they shift each season, it's the most pointless update - assuming they sell 5,000 season tickets in the average season, 10% is hardly going to have their ticket office claiming overtime.

4 - They all smell of wee. 

I think with the division Barton brings, the relegation and recruitment issues they've got, they could struggle to shift a great number. I'm not convinced we'll be selling a huge number of 'new' season tickets ourselves, but at least we're in a division where there is a product worth seeing. 

Just now, Bristol Rob said:

Saw another tweet from the Fewers saying that 10% of people eligible to renew their season tickets had done so on day 1.

1 - most people would have been paid shortly before they put their tickets on sale.

2 - It's quite easy to hide behind a percentage to either tell a positive or negative story (Covid deaths JUMP 10% figures show, but when you scratch away at the story beyond the headline, the actual figure could be very low) 

3 - With their North Korean secrecy around just how many STs they shift each season, it's the most pointless update - assuming they sell 5,000 season tickets in the average season, 10% is hardly going to have their ticket office claiming overtime.

I think with the division Barton brings, the relegation and recruitment issues they've got, they could struggle to shift a great number. I'm not convinced we'll be selling a huge number of 'new' season tickets ourselves, but at least we're in a division where there is a product worth seeing. 

So possibly 400 tickets sold on day one? Massive.

4 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

2 minutes ago, cityloyal473 said:

So possibly 400 tickets sold on day one? Massive.

Yeah I’m pretty sure they sold under 5000 ST’s last year, so 500 sold? Maximum?

How amazing..

9 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

4 - They all smell of wee

So do I now after reading that bit :laughcont: