IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

15 hours ago, Red DNA said:

Don’t forget Youngers Tartan... a truly hideous Scottish ‘beer’.

I suspect they may still have a few barrels (slightly out of date) of the stuff behind the bar at the Theatre of Tents?

Had a couple cans of Tartan in Castle Park before going to see my first match at Ashton Gate, foul stuff (the beer), but the big black Tartan ashtrays in the pubs were a thing of beauty!

On 30/04/2021 at 01:09, Toffee dog said:

Now called the Congresbury Arms

There is no respect for history is there. I also remembered the Spotted Horse... Not at all spotted and a 1960's architectural gem with symmetry at front to die for and casually torn down for a row of neo shit boxes. 

21 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

I think that would've been an advert for Worthington E.  "Smooth and easy" went the tagline. The E stood for "Extra" as it was a bit stronger than the 2.2 OG (I kid ye not) normal Worthington Bitter.

It was sold from pumps with a big plastic E attached, which were a frequently swiped by teenaged 'erberts like me.

I wish I'd kept one. This bloke is selling one on eBay for £84!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/124588262077?hash=item1d020a02bd:g:Hk4AAOSwPDVgFIR9

Arhhhhhh marvellous. Much appreciated not least for the correction. I suspect Double Diamond and Worthington E were competing head on. Dad was definitely more a DD man. But he often had a shot of whiskey to finish which might explain the wimpish weakness of which you speak.

I put in a cheeky bid for a tenner. ?

20 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Ahem......to TRY to get back to the thread title, just watched  Jail bird's presser, apparently he wants/expects to win all four championships (yes Prem as well) with the gash !  Unbelievable Geoff  ?:yes:

Felt a bit grubby watching that, got through all the ‘passionate fanbase’ bollocks that the fragile, needy mutants lap up.

Then I got to the ‘no other manager has ever won all four divisions and someone’s got to do it’ bit...

??????

and THEY called Johnson deluded??

So, as he said, he’s done the Championship (albeit as a player so he’s changing the rules already) that just leaves L2, L1 and...that’s right, The Premier League! ?

Over to you Jaily.

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Felt a bit grubby watching that, got through all the ‘passionate fanbase’ bollocks that the fragile, needy mutants lap up.

Then I got to the ‘no other manager has ever won all four divisions and someone’s got to do it’ bit...

??????

and THEY called Johnson deluded??

So, as he said, he’s done the Championship (albeit as a player so he’s changing the rules already) that just leaves L2, L1 and...that’s right, The Premier League! ?

Over to you Jaily.

Just goes to show what chewing tobacco can do to your brain!! Just say no guys n gals ?

17 hours ago, redsquirrel said:

took a tent down to burnham one weekend and decided to try some rough from a corner shop. rough!!! they werent kidding,the water at weston was clearer and less lumpy. christ i had bad guts next day

The rough from Williams farm on Backwell Common was the best. Used to work there after school and we were always told that the best apples to collect were the half rotten ones with slugs on them as they give more juice when pressed !!

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

I think those weak 70s beers were the reason I could drink 10 pints in those days and never get a hangover.

I was literally pissing it out faster than the alcohol could enter my bloodstream!  :laughcont:

Thus creating Fosters

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

I think those weak 70s beers were the reason I could drink 10 pints in those days and never get a hangover.

Beers such as Watney's Starlight were sold in rugby clubs and near steel works etc as the drinkers would be thirsty and could drink a lot without getting drunk. I was told that if Starlight was just slightly weaker, you would not need a licence to sell it!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

5 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

Ahem......to TRY to get back to the thread title, just watched  Jail bird's presser, apparently he wants/expects to win all four championships (yes Prem as well) with the gash !  Unbelievable Geoff  ?:yes:

XBox or PS5?

Edited by Ska Junkie
  • Haha 2
  • Robin 1

4 hours ago, 22A said:

And it was still better than the Mem....

how I miss the place.....sand being blown in my face, dogs dirt round the track, the M32 behind me, Gasheads bleating away in The Tote End....it all seems so long ago. And yet this was the best stadium they've called "home" in living memory

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, freezer said:

Interesting. Thoughts. Didn't know this was a thing. 

OTIB is working fine. Screenshot_20210501_183733_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.3612241bddb6f4f20aaf8cd1ae1610d6.jpg

It isn't. They have probably just broken it and using this as a convenient excuse.

The social media boycott over the weekend is by football clubs and specifically their official posts on  Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.

Not the official site and certainly not the gas fans forum.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Eddie Hitler said:

It isn't. They have probably just broken it and using this as a convenient excuse.

The social media boycott over the weekend is by football clubs and specifically their official posts on  Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.

Not the official site and certainly not the gas fans forum.

Might have been different if they had won ?

• Haha 2
  • Robin 1

1 hour ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

how I miss the place.....sand being blown in my face, dogs dirt round the track, the M32 behind me, Gasheads bleating away in The Tote End....it all seems so long ago. And yet this was the best stadium they've called "home" in living memory

Gasheads bleating away in The Tote End........really, must have missed that game !

So the season’s been real shit

When you look at it

To field a decent side we’ve not been able

We’ve been ever on the slide

But just enjoy the ride

At least we’re not rock bottom of the table

And..

Always look on the bright side of life

Be doo, be doody dooby do

Always look on the bright side of life

Be doo, be doody dooby do

If the club seems jolly rotten,