IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

5 minutes ago, old parkender said:

1000 to 2000 to away games?

they just can’t help it 

59D39895-82E2-4B25-BFD1-65DD63F0E6F5.png

And of course Radio Bristol & The Post just lap the myth up.

2000 at Barrow, Harrogate, Carlisle, Scunthorpe & Oldham? Remember when they took less than 400 to Peterborough on a Saturday & tried to claim it was 1000.

Delusional.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, old parkender said:

1000 to 2000 to away games?

they just can’t help it 

59D39895-82E2-4B25-BFD1-65DD63F0E6F5.png

1000 - 2000 fingers maybe.

5 fingers on one hand (not including the thumb) brings the total 100 - 200.

That's about right. 

I've also now worked out how to do addition gas style. What a morning!

Edited by Taz
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

And of course Radio Bristol & The Post just lap the myth up.

2000 at Barrow, Harrogate, Carlisle, Scunthorpe & Oldham? Remember when they took less than 400 to Peterborough on a Saturday & tried to claim it was 1000.

Delusional.

Yes its rife at that club. I've had some of their lot tell me they sell out every away game. Haha what a ridiculous statement that is and when I got the stats up to disprove they disagreed and said it was inaccurate. 

7 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Yes its rife at that club. I've had some of their lot tell me they sell out every away game. Haha what a ridiculous statement that is and when I got the stats up to disprove they disagreed and said it was inaccurate. 

Here they are selling out the away end at Chesterfield last time they were in league 2. :whistle:

"cfcrovers7.jpg (960×720)" https://ryan147.files.wordpress.com/2014/02/cfcrovers7.jpg

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Here they are selling out the away end at Chesterfield last time they were in league 2. :whistle:

"cfcrovers7.jpg (960×720)" https://ryan147.files.wordpress.com/2014/02/cfcrovers7.jpg

They were certainly ahead of the times - 6 years before the COVID pandemic and they were already practicing social distancing in much of that stand.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Classic Donald Trump approach, just say the stats are incorrect when you don’t like what they say!

2 hours ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

I'll be amazed if they are in the top 8 of their (old) division for away support.

3 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

I'll be amazed if they are in the top 8 of their (old) division for away support.

No need to be amazed..in the 19/20 season they were 12th for away support, about 700 odd, behind Peterborough, Lincoln and Coventry...teams they would probably call tinpot ?‍♂️

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, BS2 Red said:

"Over 1,000" converted using gasmaths means they've sold 12million.

That must have been the maths used in the TALKSPORT quiz on Sunday. They had to guess the attendance for a game between The Gas and Man City. They guessed 12000+ Actual answer was in the 8000s. 

• Haha 1

I was working in Manchester a while ago and the scum were at Bolton. A few Bolton supporting workmates were going to the game so I tagged along. At the time the sags were claiming over 1,000 yet the Bolton fans said less than 200. I've got a pic somewhere.

EDIT: Yeer tiz.

1000, my arse!

image.png.84d0278a073f6ade73e4f399e49d5cd7.png

Edited by Ska Junkie
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

It's surprising they haven't made a statement on Scotland's move for indyref2, maybe they are just waiting for the outcome of the local elections. Have they thrown their weight behind Marvellous Marvin yet?

I expect they are throwing their considerable support behind Marvin, as he's doing his best to get them a stadium built, using council land around the fruit market as an incentive to the developers to include BRFC in their plans, or so I'm led to believe.

30 minutes ago, Rich said:

I expect they are throwing their considerable support behind Marvin, as he's doing his best to get them a stadium built, using council land around the fruit market as an incentive to the developers to include BRFC in their plans, or so I'm led to believe.

If Marvin does his best they’ll never get a ground built. 

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, weepywall said:

No need to be amazed..in the 19/20 season they were 12th for away support, about 700 odd, behind Peterborough, Lincoln and Coventry...teams they would probably call tinpot ?‍♂️

Spot on.

I did have a screenshot of this fact from one of those ‘awaydays’ pages on Facebook which, annoyingly, I can’t find.

I did however come across this beauty from a typically deluded Saghead. We all know at least one Gas roaster who thinks like this....

7634D17B-34F8-4A10-BFA8-30D3C41D99FF.jpeg

• Haha 8
  • Flames 1

4 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Spot on.

I did have a screenshot of this fact from one of those ‘awaydays’ pages on Facebook which, annoyingly, I can’t find.

I did however come across this beauty from a typically deluded Saghead. We all know at least one Gas roaster who thinks like this....

that cant be a real post ,can it ?

3 hours ago, weepywall said:

Oh, there we go...it was in my OTIB ‘attachments’.

You see this visiting Slagheads? This is called ‘facts’...it’s more reliable than your BULLSHIT.

837511B9-8559-4DF6-B79D-23F432E62483.thumb.jpeg.b9bc4390e6c53190ff5f8b8a7b369540.jpeg

7 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Spot on.

Fulham ahahahaha

13 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Spot on.

That's got to be a pisstake

2 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Imagine having barely average away support for L1 with 11 giants like Lincoln and Tranmere ahead of you, then trying to make out to everyone that you travel everywhere in huge numbers? ?

Deluded weapons.

Worse than that though.

Visiting fans will be capped by numbers for smaller grounds, such as a the Mem, but see greater numbers travelling to grounds with a larger capacity such as Sunderland.

Ergo. The Gas smell of poo. And wee.

• Haha 1